Bears Rebuilding Plan

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Re: Bears Rebuilding Plan 

Post#621 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:50 am

I think the Bears should draft DE Vernon Butler or CB Xavien Howard in the second. Pace did visit with 9 QB's so maybe Cook, Lynch, or Hackenberg are options if they're still on the board.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#622 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:51 am

I'm sure Jack will be gone by the time Bears pick again. I wouldn't draft both guys tho, just one. Too many other needs

City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#623 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:14 am

Already having McPhee, Trevathan, Freeman, Young, Houston, and drafting Floyd, is there room to draft Jack if he's available for the Bears in round 2?

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,327

Post#624 » by fleet » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 am

City of Trees wrote:Already having McPhee, Trevathan, Freeman, Young, Houston, and drafting Floyd, is there room to draft Jack if he's available for the Bears in round 2?

After last year, I would think they aren't risking health. They would go corner if they go defense imo
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Re: Re: Re: Bears Rebuilding Plan 

Post#625 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:21 pm

City of Trees wrote:Already having McPhee, Trevathan, Freeman, Young, Houston, and drafting Floyd, is there room to draft Jack if he's available for the Bears in round 2?

We also re-signed Acho and have Christian Jones. I think there is room for one more inside linebacker. We could easily take Jack or Smith in round 2. If Pace really wants one of them then I'm not sure if they'd be there for us in round 3. Maybe they would be. But I think we have needs we still need to fill that match up with talent on the board, DE and CB. Then we need RB, OT, QB, TE and S. Josh Perry could be a good option in round 4 or 5 if he's there.

It'll be interesting to see if we fill a need or take Smith or Jack at a position that is now loaded on our roster. There wouldn't be any pressure for them to play this year. But I think round 4l3 or 4 would be better for a player like that, that will redshirt for a year.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#626 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:31 pm

I think we're going to look to move Willie Young or Lamarr Houston. Floyd will immediately be given every opportunity to start. Young doesn't want to play LB and Houston gets paid too much to be a backup LB.

But I will say it again, I think Houston can be an excellent 3-4 DE. His salary would be commensurate with a starter at that position if he gives us some pass rush from there. And it would take a need off our board.

Make it happen Vic!!!
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#627 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue May 24, 2016 3:48 pm

The top 5 linebackers in tackling efficiency last season:
1. Kuechly
2. CHRISTIAN JONES
3. Woodyard
4. Freeman
5. Trevathan

Really interesting. Jones has a ton of upside. The other 4 guys are also great in coverage. Jones is a good tackler and a good pass rusher. Once he develops in coverage he should be able to take over a starting job eventually.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/05/three-chicago-bears-linebackers-among-best-nfl/
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#628 » by CjayC » Wed May 25, 2016 2:43 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:I think we're going to look to move Willie Young or Lamarr Houston. Floyd will immediately be given every opportunity to start. Young doesn't want to play LB and Houston gets paid too much to be a backup LB.

But I will say it again, I think Houston can be an excellent 3-4 DE. His salary would be commensurate with a starter at that position if he gives us some pass rush from there. And it would take a need off our board.

Make it happen Vic!!!

Young doesn't care about playing LB so much as the label that comes with it. An above-average "DE" in the league gets paid more than an above-average "LB". As long as he continues to produce with limited time he shouldn't have to worry too much about getting paid what he deserves.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#629 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Jun 2, 2016 11:52 pm

Bears signed OT Nate Chandler.

He's only 27 and I imagine he'll compete for LT with Leno
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#630 » by patryk7754 » Sun Jun 5, 2016 3:04 am

The Bears were also working out Jake Long. I'm assuming he didn't impress since the signing of Chandler was later in day
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#631 » by fleet » Sun Jun 5, 2016 9:38 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:The top 5 linebackers in tackling efficiency last season:
1. Kuechly
2. CHRISTIAN JONES
3. Woodyard
4. Freeman
5. Trevathan

Really interesting. Jones has a ton of upside. The other 4 guys are also great in coverage. Jones is a good tackler and a good pass rusher. Once he develops in coverage he should be able to take over a starting job eventually.

http://sportsmockery.com/2016/05/three-chicago-bears-linebackers-among-best-nfl/

I had thought ue had a future here. They have moved him outside now though. Lots of competition out there to start. Floyd, Houston, Young, McPheee. Something has to happen for Jones to have a significant future here
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#632 » by fleet » Sun Jun 5, 2016 9:43 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:Bears signed OT Nate Chandler.

From what I understand, he has about the worst ranking among NFL O linemen. Pace looking for a diamond in the rough. They are doing some iffy stuff with that line. Chief among them, Leno. I hope out LT is still not on the current team.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#633 » by RedBulls23 » Sun Jun 5, 2016 10:42 pm

fleet wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:Bears signed OT Nate Chandler.

From what I understand, he has about the worst ranking among NFL O linemen. Pace looking for a diamond in the rough. They are doing some iffy stuff with that line. Chief among them, Leno. I hope out LT is still not on the current team.

Leno was good last year though.

I would like to see if he can develop anymore.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#634 » by heir_jordan22 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:46 pm

fleet wrote:
1. Kuechly
2. CHRISTIAN JONES
3. Woodyard
4. Freeman
5. Trevathan

I had thought ue had a future here. They have moved him outside now though. Lots of competition out there to start. Floyd, Houston, Young, McPheee. Something has to happen for Jones to have a significant future here

I didn't know he moved to OLB, haven't read about it. Do you have a link or did you just see at an open practice?
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#635 » by fleet » Tue Jun 7, 2016 11:51 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:
fleet wrote:
1. Kuechly
2. CHRISTIAN JONES
3. Woodyard
4. Freeman
5. Trevathan

I didn't know he moved to OLB, haven't read about it. Do you have a link or did you just see at an open practice?

No, I read it at CSN, ESPN, Hub, or Bears Goggles or someplace like that. I did read it for sure. Whether or not it was an experiment I do not know.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Post#636 » by patryk7754 » Wed Jun 8, 2016 11:57 pm

Ramirez retired
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#637 » by TNBT » Thu Jun 9, 2016 8:51 am

Just read that as well. I guess Grasu has the starting center job to himself now. What I'm wondering is what do we do with the roster spot? Do we go out and get another OLine guy? Or do we use the spot to be able to keep someone else at another position?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#638 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Jun 9, 2016 11:29 am

Terrible timing. We cut Slauson because we had too many G/C. Now we don't have enough [ANGRY FACE]
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#639 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Jun 9, 2016 11:30 am

I'm Larsen will probably backup at all 3 inside positions. And we'll probably have 2 backup tackles.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach

Post#640 » by heir_jordan22 » Thu Jun 9, 2016 11:31 am

I really want to know who's been getting the most reps at safety and tight end. And how much work Christian Jones is getting at whatever position they have him

Return to Chicago Bears