Image Image Image Image

Ryan Pace grading.

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Re: Ryan Pace grading. 

Post#21 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:21 pm

Hiring Fox and co for this team was like hiring Thibs for a team like the current-day Pistons. A complete mess of a roster with a solid coach that will bring us to the lower end of respectability, which is to say 'not much' in terms of playoffs or super bowls for at least the next year or so. Hopefully they'll be around longer than 2 years.

This current coaching crew is the crew that should have replaced Lovie before Phil Emery's Trestmaster disaster.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
transplant
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#22 » by transplant » Sat Nov 7, 2015 6:42 pm

Until I see whether Kevin White is an impact player, Pace gets an Incomplete from me.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

- Blatantly stolen from truebluefan
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#23 » by RedBulls23 » Sat Nov 7, 2015 7:25 pm

transplant wrote:Until I see whether Kevin White is an impact player, Pace gets an Incomplete from me.

Yeah, all in all it is way to early to give Pace a positive grade.

Like you said, the draft in general will be what makes or breaks him. That's partly what broke the last two GM we have had.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Post#24 » by BullHeaded » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:23 pm

Breaking News... Pace had a VERY good draft.

Don't get me wrong, we still haven't seen Kevin White yet and if he's a bust (I'd be surprised) then it knocks the draft down a peg. Also, I'm not saying that of the players that have been contributing from the draft (Amos, Goldman, Grasu, and now Langford) leave no room for future upgrading. But to have four rookie starters from the draft out of six and we still haven't seen our number 7 overall pick healthy yet... that's impressive. If by the end of the year Tayo Faboluje takes an OG position away from Ducasse then we can start talking about Pace setting the freaking curve.

Langford looked excellent last night. I know that the Chargers have a bad run defense, but it wasn't just him walking through big holes or breaking arm tackles... I saw speed and shiftiness that belie a quality running back. He was a great receiver out of the backfield as well. It's official, we hit on rounds 2-5. I'm very impressed.
transplant
RealGM

Post#25 » by transplant » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:58 pm

BullHeaded wrote:Breaking News... Pace had a VERY good draft.

Don't get me wrong, we still haven't seen Kevin White yet and if he's a bust (I'd be surprised) then it knocks the draft down a peg. Also, I'm not saying that of the players that have been contributing from the draft (Amos, Goldman, Grasu, and now Langford) leave no room for future upgrading. But to have four rookie starters from the draft out of six and we still haven't seen our number 7 overall pick healthy yet... that's impressive. If by the end of the year Tayo Faboluje takes an OG position away from Ducasse then we can start talking about Pace setting the freaking curve.

Langford looked excellent last night. I know that the Chargers have a bad run defense, but it wasn't just him walking through big holes or breaking arm tackles... I saw speed and shiftiness that belie a quality running back. He was a great receiver out of the backfield as well. It's official, we hit on rounds 2-5. I'm very impressed.

Excellent post, but I'm not sure i can put Grasu in the win column just yet.
Until the actual truth is more important to you than what you believe, you will never recognize the truth.

BullHeaded
Sixth Man
And1: 195

Post#26 » by BullHeaded » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:34 pm

transplant wrote:

On Grasu... he got thrown into a tough spot and he didn't wiz down his leg, he's been a competent contributor. For a third round pick, I think he's been contributing well enough to call it a win for now. Here is Tom Thayer breaking down a couple of plays with him from his first game at KC. The second play almost looks more complimentary to Slauson, but Thayer knows what he's talking about with the OL. And he seems on board with Grasu. He just needs to get back on the field:
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Playbook-Grasus-impact/3ffd0934-e148-4da2-bcb2-87068cc4900b
transplant
RealGM

Post#27 » by transplant » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:05 am

BullHeaded wrote:
transplant wrote:

On Grasu... he got thrown into a tough spot and he didn't wiz down his leg, he's been a competent contributor. For a third round pick, I think he's been contributing well enough to call it a win for now. Here is Tom Thayer breaking down a couple of plays with him from his first game at KC. The second play almost looks more complimentary to Slauson, but Thayer knows what he's talking about with the OL. And he seems on board with Grasu. He just needs to get back on the field:
http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Playbook-Grasus-impact/3ffd0934-e148-4da2-bcb2-87068cc4900b

I've defended Grasu to friends who say he's not strong enough (probably because they heard some guy radio say it), so I'm not really down on him. However, he's a high 3rd round pick which for a pure center is kinda like being a 1st-rounder. To me, when Montgomery went down, I had hoped that it would be the start of the Grasu era, but it hasn't worked out that way.

Return to Chicago Bears