Image Image Image Image

Draft Night 2017

Moderator: chitownsports4ever

patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#101 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:18 am

fleet wrote:On top of it all, the Niners just drafted Rueben Foster. Thomas, Foster, and the lions share of the Bears draft. Not a bad night Mr Lynch. Kudos

Agreed. I think the browns had the opportunity to draft three or four pro bowlers on defense in the first two rounds. Garrett, Foster (instead of peppers) peppers (33rd) and maybe Kevin king or someone
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,097

Post#102 » by fleet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:22 am

CjayC wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
CjayC wrote:
You guys are too dramatic. 3 years from starting :lol:

He's a year at most( if he doesn't beat Glennon out in camp this year).

And again if Watson does good while Glennon is throwing for 110 yards that has nothing to do with us. It only starts to matter if Trubisky looks bad as a starter.

Who is being dramatic ? Im simply saying that Trubinsky has only 13 games of experience and here we are about to sit him another 18 months to learn from the sidelines when one of the biggest issues he has is his lack of experience . Hes 22 gonna be 23 by the start of the next season so hes not a young guy needing seasoning hes a older guy needing season and at this rate he will be starting qb for bears on opening day with 13 regular season games of experience since he left HS ?

You think Im being dramatic about this ?

He has about a games worth of less passes than Wentz did at a lower level of comp and they were willing to trade up for him last year. If they believe Glennon's only a placeholder than I trust their evaluation period. You can't cheap out or hope to get lucky at QB and if they believe this was their best chance to get a guy with franchise potential then it was the right move for them. Time will tell if it was a good move or not.

High stakes poker. That is what it is. Pace went ALL IN. if he's Aaron Rogers/Brees facsimile, good move. If not, ummm.

Thats big pressure on Mike Glennon. The Bears had a lousy free agency year, and have lots more holes to fill and one more decent pick to rebuild with.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#103 » by fleet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:27 am

patryk7754 wrote:We have a lot of great options for round 2.

Budda Baker
Cam Robinson
Kevin King
Zay Jones

But with Pace who knows what's going to happen

I'd go Cam. With the Bears investing everything into the new QBs, time to finally finish that O line. He won't be there though. Might have to trade up again. Jones makes sense too
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#104 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:30 am

Always enjoy Voch Lombardi's prospect breakdown. Here's his take on Trubisky https://youtu.be/gwONkFHias8

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#105 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:32 am

Bears goal is to get more picks. Probably gonna trade down from 36.

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
Head Coach
And1: 1,070

Post#106 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 am

fleet wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:We have a lot of great options for round 2.

Budda Baker
Cam Robinson
Kevin King
Zay Jones

But with Pace who knows what's going to happen

I'd go Cam. With the Bears investing everything into the new QBs, time to finally finish that O line. He won't be there though. Might have to trade up again. Jones makes sense too

I think the Seahawks grab cam. It's time they stop with that terrible oline
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#107 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:21 am

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bluffed-or-not-ryan-pace-couldnt-afford-to-lose-mitch-trubisky/

“There’s no quarterback competition when Mitch gets here,” Pace said. “Glennon is our starting quarterback. We’ll focus on Mitch’s development and Mike Glennon winning games for the Chicago Bears.”
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#108 » by fleet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am

I called it (QB) way back when. *pats self on back*. I hate the way they did it though. Saying that, Pace showed us some guts going after a QB. I liked that when Angelo went after Cutler, and I like that now. Even though it might be galactically stupid, he might be right.

I'll just say this about Trubisky. I always liked him in particular. He might have the skills that Drew Brees has. Not many QBs can claim that. But as we all know, lots of guys with skills are bagging groceries. This quarterback cost the bears a high #1, two #3s, and a #4. A great quarterback is easily worth that price. Because of the price, Trubisky must become a top 10 QB, or this hurts. Sadly, maybe the Bears didn't need to pay that price, and could have easily taken the BPA at #3, and taken a QB later that has a chance too.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#109 » by fleet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:22 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I'm trying to explain to you that your logic actually has no logic involved

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app

Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

Did Ryam Pace tell you, "hey bud, we're benching Mitchell until 2018."
Did that happen?
Youre pulling some great material out of thin air or out of a butt or something

Yep, just did. Just sayin.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#110 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:45 am

fleet wrote:
CjayC wrote:
Who is being dramatic ? Im simply saying that Trubinsky has only 13 games of experience and here we are about to sit him another 18 months to learn from the sidelines when one of the biggest issues he has is his lack of experience . Hes 22 gonna be 23 by the start of the next season so hes not a young guy needing seasoning hes a older guy needing season and at this rate he will be starting qb for bears on opening day with 13 regular season games of experience since he left HS ?

You think Im being dramatic about this ?

He has about a games worth of less passes than Wentz did at a lower level of comp and they were willing to trade up for him last year. If they believe Glennon's only a placeholder than I trust their evaluation period. You can't cheap out or hope to get lucky at QB and if they believe this was their best chance to get a guy with franchise potential then it was the right move for them. Time will tell if it was a good move or not.

High stakes poker. That is what it is. Pace went ALL IN. if he's Aaron Rogers/Brees facsimile, good move. If not, ummm.

Thats big pressure on Mike Glennon. The Bears had a lousy free agency year, and have lots more holes to fill and one more decent pick to rebuild with.

This trade and pick actually makes me wonder if there isn't any pressure to be good this year from ownership.

Bears will certainly be in running for a top 3 pick again.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#111 » by johnnyvann840 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:49 am

fleet wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

Did Ryam Pace tell you, "hey bud, we're benching Mitchell until 2018."
Did that happen?
Youre pulling some great material out of thin air or out of a butt or something

Yep, just did. Just sayin.

yup, he said exactly that in so many words.. "When Mitchell gets here there is not going to be a QB competition..... Mike Glennon is our starting QB".
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Axxo
Analyst
And1: 518

Post#112 » by Axxo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:43 pm

RedBulls83 wrote:
fleet wrote:
CjayC wrote:

This trade and pick actually makes me wonder if there isn't any pressure to be good this year from ownership.

Bears could have traded back to get Watson and gotten more picks and get some of that talent that leaked into the later rounds. Way too many holes to fill giving up all those picks.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#113 » by Susan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Ideal world: Glennon plays at Sam Bradford's​ level this year, we're a good team (8-8 or 9-7) and we don't have to rush Mitch out there.

This is dependent on us having the ability to develop talent at the QB position. Say we're able to do that and then offload Glennon, who will care that we spent so much to get Mitch because the market for a QB is greater than two 3rds & a 4th.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#114 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 pm

Axxo wrote:
RedBulls83 wrote:
fleet wrote:High stakes poker. That is what it is. Pace went ALL IN. if he's Aaron Rogers/Brees facsimile, good move. If not, ummm.

Bears could have traded back to get Watson and gotten more picks and get some of that talent that leaked into the later rounds. Way too many holes to fill giving up all those picks.

They clearly like Tribuisky more than Watson so they wouldn't have done that.

We'll find out next year or so if he's right.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#115 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Susan wrote:Ideal world: Glennon plays at Sam Bradford's​ level this year, we're a good team (8-8 or 9-7) and we don't have to rush Mitch out there.

This is dependent on us having the ability to develop talent at the QB position. Say we're able to do that and then offload Glennon, who will care that we spent so much to get Mitch because the market for a QB is greater than two 3rds & a 4th.

Man, Glennon would have to be really good for the bears to win 8 games next year. That schedule looks really tough.
Susan
RealGM

Post#116 » by Susan » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:37 pm

Hoping we see us get a weapon in the passing game here today. Maybe Gerald Everett?
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#117 » by RedBulls23 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:38 pm

So bears traded down and got another 4th rounder
Susan
RealGM