Image Image Image Image

Draft Night 2017

Moderators: chitownsports4ever, emperorjones

User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#61 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:57 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I'm trying to explain to you that your logic actually has no logic involved

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

I didn't do a poor job of anything. You did a poor job if reading. I said Wentz played against no talent.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


It doesnt matter who he played against it matters that you have 4 years of snaps to look at and so you can see year to year development . We cant see what Trubinsky learned from his first year of starting because he may not play for another year or two ?
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,887
And1: 1,761
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#62 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:58 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
so now hes cam Netwon ?

I'm trying to explain to you that your logic actually has no logic involved

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

So now grooming your QB is a bad thing? I think consensus around the league is:

sitting rookie QB 1 yr > start right away

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#63 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:59 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I'm trying to explain to you that your logic actually has no logic involved

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

Did Ryam Pace tell you, "hey bud, we're benching Mitchell until 2018."
Did that happen? Youre pulling some great material out of thin air or out of a butt or something

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


Yes they have they have done this by naming Glennon the starter and paying him over 18 mil
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,887
And1: 1,761
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#64 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:00 am

Bears can get one of these guys. Wouldn't be shocked if Robinson is picked, T is a need.Image

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#65 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:01 am

City of Trees wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I'm trying to explain to you that your logic actually has no logic involved

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

So now grooming your QB is a bad thing? I think consensus around the league is:

sitting rookie QB 1 yr > start right away

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app


How do you groom someone with no experience ?

You give them experience and once you use those sorts of assets to get a player he goes from project to must see the field
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#66 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 am

Carson Wentz's best year was his junior year. Against garbage competition he had
228/358 63.7% 3111yds 25td 10int

In Mitchell Trubisky's one year against MUCH better talent
304/447 68% 3748yds 30td 6int

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#67 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 am

City of Trees wrote:Bears can get one of these guys. Wouldn't be shocked if Robinson is picked, T is a need.Image

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app



I wouldnt be surprised if Robinson,Baker and the UConn safety are snatched up by 36 . I thought Foster was gonna fall to the Browns which wouldve been insane
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#68 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:07 am

Please stop using Wentz to "support" your argument.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#69 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 am

Career stats

Wentz
392comp 612att 64.1% 5115yds 45td 14int

Trubisky
386comp 572att 67.5% 4762yds 41td 10int


Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#70 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:09 am

City of Trees wrote:Bears can get one of these guys. Wouldn't be shocked if Robinson is picked, T is a need.Image

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

I want Baker. He s very versatile. He reminds me of Matthieu and Gruden said he reminds him of Ronde Barber. I think he's a can't miss.
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#71 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:11 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:Carson Wentz's best year was his junior year. Against garbage competition he had
228/358 63.7% 3111yds 25td 10int

In Mitchell Trubisky's one year against MUCH better talent
304/447 68% 3748yds 30td 6int

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


What did Carson 4 years translate to in Philly 3800 16 tds and 14 ints on 62%

What is Trubinskys numbers translating to ? sitting behind Glennon for a year

If hes better than Carson than he should be starting

If you traded all those pciks for him he should be starting

If you dont feel hes good enough to start well that should be decided in training camp not in the off season before he's even selected
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#72 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:Carson Wentz's best year was his junior year. Against garbage competition he had
228/358 63.7% 3111yds 25td 10int

In Mitchell Trubisky's one year against MUCH better talent
304/447 68% 3748yds 30td 6int

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


What did Carson 4 years translate to in Philly 3800 16 tds and 14 ints on 62%

What is Trubinskys numbers translating to ? sitting behind Glennon for a year

If hes better than Carson than he should be starting

If you traded all those pciks for him he should be starting

If you dont feel hes good enough to start well that should be decided in training camp not in the off season before he's even selected

You realize there was a possibility that Cleveland drafted him? Or that the 49ers could've said "NO" to the trade and drafted him?

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,887
And1: 1,761
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#73 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
City of Trees wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
Well you are doing a very poor job of it :) considering Carson went z played over 40 college games and so his progress or lack of progress can be charted from Freshman to a senior .

We are grading Trubinsky on the past 12 months of experience he has and the plan to develop him is to sit him for a specified length of time . How is that logical considering the 4 picks we used to get him ?

My argument is that if you spend that amount of assets then you play him or at the very least allow him to compete for his spot because I simply dont see sitting as a viable option for someone who has sat 3 of the last 4 years.

So now grooming your QB is a bad thing? I think consensus around the league is:

sitting rookie QB 1 yr > start right away

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app


How do you groom someone with no experience ?

You give them experience and once you use those sorts of assets to get a player he goes from project to must see the field


Really you don't know how teams groom QB' s? Short answer, he learns. Experience comes later. That's grooming.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#74 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 am

In college, Trubisky was better. No question. None. Will it translate? We will see if he wins the starting job. Lennon isn't the undisputed starter. You need to stop. These assumptions are asinine

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#75 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:16 am

City of Trees wrote:Bears can get one of these guys. Wouldn't be shocked if Robinson is picked, T is a need.Image

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

How does Matt Miller not have Zay Jones on this list? I personally would prefer him. I still think WR and LT are the biggest needs.

I think Zay Jones and Budda Baker are the two best players available.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#76 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:18 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:Carson Wentz's best year was his junior year. Against garbage competition he had
228/358 63.7% 3111yds 25td 10int

In Mitchell Trubisky's one year against MUCH better talent
304/447 68% 3748yds 30td 6int

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


What did Carson 4 years translate to in Philly 3800 16 tds and 14 ints on 62%

What is Trubinskys numbers translating to ? sitting behind Glennon for a year

If hes better than Carson than he should be starting

If you traded all those pciks for him he should be starting

If you dont feel hes good enough to start well that should be decided in training camp not in the off season before he's even selected


Philly drafted wentz with the expectation of him being on the bench. They were forced to start him once Bradford demanded a trade.

We don't know what Trubisky will translate into because he's been a bear for two hours.

If he turns out to be better than Carson then he'll probably be considered better then Glennon. If that's the case he'll start. If the team feels like he needs time to learn that he'll be the back up.

No one in the FO or the coaching staff is going to refuse to start Trubisky if they view him as the better QB. The expectation might be that he'll need time to develop but if Trubisky surpasses those expectations he'll be the starter
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,765
And1: 542
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#77 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:20 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:In college, Trubisky was better. No question. None. Will it translate? We will see if he wins the starting job. Lennon isn't the undisputed starter. You need to stop. These assumptions are asinine

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


What assumptions did I make ? The bears and even Trubinsky himself has said that Glennon is the starer ? Why dont you try posting a link to something to back up something you are claiming before claiming it stupid or whatever because Im sure I can post several links to to back up what im saying .

You are trying hard but you are failing .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#78 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:20 am

My ranking for the guys left:
Baker
Jones
And the corners (King, Tabor, Wilson)
Robinson
Lamp

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#79 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:21 am

This overreaction is kinda ridiculous. I think we can all agree that we don't like the pick but history has shown that Pace has mostly made good moves so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. We can't truly judge this pick for probably two years (unless Trubisky wins the starting job).
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#80 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 am

Mock
Cleveland: DB
Seattle: Robinson or Lamp
Jacksonville: Cook
Chicago: hopefully Jones

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app

Return to Chicago Bears