Image Image Image Image

Draft Night 2017

Moderators: chitownsports4ever, emperorjones

User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,766
And1: 544
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#81 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:24 am

patryk7754 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:Carson Wentz's best year was his junior year. Against garbage competition he had
228/358 63.7% 3111yds 25td 10int

In Mitchell Trubisky's one year against MUCH better talent
304/447 68% 3748yds 30td 6int

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


What did Carson 4 years translate to in Philly 3800 16 tds and 14 ints on 62%

What is Trubinskys numbers translating to ? sitting behind Glennon for a year

If hes better than Carson than he should be starting

If you traded all those pciks for him he should be starting

If you dont feel hes good enough to start well that should be decided in training camp not in the off season before he's even selected


Philly drafted wentz with the expectation of him being on the bench. They were forced to start him once Bradford demanded a trade.

We don't know what Trubisky will translate into because he's been a bear for two hours.

If he turns out to be better than Carson then he'll probably be considered better then Glennon. If that's the case he'll start. If the team feels like he needs time to learn that he'll be the back up.

No one in the FO or the coaching staff is going to refuse to start Trubisky if they view him as the better QB. The expectation might be that he'll need time to develop but if Trubisky surpasses those expectations he'll be the starter



It doesnt matter it was never my comparison I was responding to his comparison of Trubinsky with Wentz . I was point out several times I might add that he should be starting or be allowed to show that he cant in training camp regardless of the monies paid Glennon or how much they think he doesn't know right now . Once you trade those picks for him the situation changes and should be re-evaluated
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#82 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:25 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:In college, Trubisky was better. No question. None. Will it translate? We will see if he wins the starting job. Lennon isn't the undisputed starter. You need to stop. These assumptions are asinine

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app


What assumptions did I make ? The bears and even Trubinsky himself has said that Glennon is the starer ? Why dont you try posting a link to something to back up something you are claiming before claiming it stupid or whatever because Im sure I can post several links to to back up what im saying .

You are trying hard but you are failing .

I think you're the one failing. Just because something was said doesn't mean that will be the case. It is most likely that Glennon starts but Trubisky might win the job.

For example. The Seahawks sign Matt Flynn. Every expectation was for him to start. He was the next superstar and Russell Wilson still won the job. Just because there's an expectation doesn't mean there can't be an exception
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 201 

Post#83 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:28 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
What did Carson 4 years translate to in Philly 3800 16 tds and 14 ints on 62%

What is Trubinskys numbers translating to ? sitting behind Glennon for a year

If hes better than Carson than he should be starting

If you traded all those pciks for him he should be starting

If you dont feel hes good enough to start well that should be decided in training camp not in the off season before he's even selected


Philly drafted wentz with the expectation of him being on the bench. They were forced to start him once Bradford demanded a trade.

We don't know what Trubisky will translate into because he's been a bear for two hours.

If he turns out to be better than Carson then he'll probably be considered better then Glennon. If that's the case he'll start. If the team feels like he needs time to learn that he'll be the back up.

No one in the FO or the coaching staff is going to refuse to start Trubisky if they view him as the better QB. The expectation might be that he'll need time to develop but if Trubisky surpasses those expectations he'll be the starter



It doesnt matter it was never my comparison I was responding to his comparison of Trubinsky with Wentz . I was point out several times I might add that he should be starting or be allowed to show that he cant in training camp regardless of the monies paid Glennon or how much they think he doesn't know right now . Once you trade those picks for him the situation changes and should be re-evaluated


I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying but I think you're saying that the bears aren't going to give Trubisky a shot to win the starting job. If that's true I don't why you would think that
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#84 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am

I will need proof that the Bears say "Glennon is the starter" that really doesn't mean anything.

I brought up Newton and Wentz because you said there isn't enough information on Trubisky. That statement by you was asinine, since he has thrown just as many passes as Wentz, and did it better, against better competition (Stanford, Virginia tech, Georgia, Illinois, Florida state)

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#85 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:30 am

Splitting round 2 into day 2 was a terrible idea.
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#86 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:35 am

Wentz only the 46 passes his first two seasons. And his junior year was better than his senior year, for anyone who was wondering

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,766
And1: 544
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 201 

Post#87 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:37 am

patryk7754 wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying but I think you're saying that the bears aren't going to give Trubisky a shot to win the starting job. If that's true I don't why you would think that


There is over 18 million reasons that say that there probably wont be a qb battle . My take was that it made no sense because he had so little game experience that the best way to get him experience is to play him let him use tape of himself facing actual NFL defenses to evaluate himself and grow as a player. The alternative was sitting a player that had only played 13 games in 4 years since hs another year and half at least and it didnt make sense .

But I got some clown telling me that the bears never named Glennon the starter and that the plan as we know it to be as of today is not to have sit and that of course I shouldn't go by what was said because Im making stupid assumptions by taking the bears at their word so go figure .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 201 

Post#88 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:42 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying but I think you're saying that the bears aren't going to give Trubisky a shot to win the starting job. If that's true I don't why you would think that


There is over 18 million reasons that say that there probably wont be a qb battle . My take was that it made no sense because he had so little game experience that the best way to get him experience is to play him let him use tape of himself facing actual NFL defenses to evaluate himself and grow as a player. The alternative was sitting a player that had only played 13 games in 4 years since hs another year and half at least and it didnt make sense .

But I got some clown telling me that the bears never named Glennon the starter and that the plan as we know it to be as of today is not to have sit and that of course I shouldn't go by what was said because Im making stupid assumptions by taking the bears at their word so go figure .

2 weeks ago I thought I was moving to one city. I was telling people I'm moving there. 4 days ago I got an amazing offer that I wasn't expecting, to move to a different city. The latter is the better choice.

I told everyone I'm going with option 1. Until option 2 became an option.

Clown.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#89 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:43 am

You are posting pure idiocy. There was no guarantee they were going to get Trubisky. Not sure how difficult it is to comprehend that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#90 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 am

They signed a starting quarterback. Now they probably believe they just got lucky getting out of this draft with an even better quarterback.

There's some saying about when opportunity knocks. Most people who don't live under rocks have heard it

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,815
And1: 176
Joined: Jul 16, 2008
   

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#91 » by heir_jordan22 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:45 am

Which picks do we still have in this draft?

2, 4, 5, 6? Is that right?

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#92 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:45 am

You're argument that Trubisky's lack of experience is the reason he should start is poor and illogical. You're assumption that just because Glennon got big money Trubisky won't get a shot to start is false. That's not how things work. Coaches don't care about that stuff. If Trubisky shows that he's worthy of starting then he'll start. If he's not worthy of starting then hopefully he'll do a lot of learning and gain intellectual experience on the bench and be ready to step in a year or two.
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,766
And1: 544
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 201 

Post#93 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:46 am

heir_jordan22 wrote:
chitownsports4ever wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I'm having a hard time understanding what you're saying but I think you're saying that the bears aren't going to give Trubisky a shot to win the starting job. If that's true I don't why you would think that


There is over 18 million reasons that say that there probably wont be a qb battle . My take was that it made no sense because he had so little game experience that the best way to get him experience is to play him let him use tape of himself facing actual NFL defenses to evaluate himself and grow as a player. The alternative was sitting a player that had only played 13 games in 4 years since hs another year and half at least and it didnt make sense .

But I got some clown telling me that the bears never named Glennon the starter and that the plan as we know it to be as of today is not to have sit and that of course I shouldn't go by what was said because Im making stupid assumptions by taking the bears at their word so go figure .

2 weeks ago I thought I was moving to one city. I was telling people I'm moving there. 4 days ago I got an amazing offer that I wasn't expecting, to move to a different city. The latter is the better choice.

I told everyone I'm going with option 1. Until option 2 became an option.

Clown.

Sent from my SM-G920P using RealGM mobile app



But until option 2 had been actually made option one stands . Any 5 year old can understand the fact that you made the assumption to make a your argument is what is clownish
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#94 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 am

Has anyone who is losing their minds actually seen Trubisky play? It's not like he's pure trash he just isn't worthy of the second pick (unless you ask people getting paid millions of dollars to make that decision). His biggest flaw is his deep ball accuracy. Nothing else is really that bad. Given time he can improve a lot. It's kind of insane that all of you have determined this to be the worst pick ever before the draft is even over.
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,766
And1: 544
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#95 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:56 am

patryk7754 wrote:You're argument that Trubisky's lack of experience is the reason he should start is poor and illogical. You're assumption that just because Glennon got big money Trubisky won't get a shot to start is false. That's not how things work. Coaches don't care about that stuff. If Trubisky shows that he's worthy of starting then he'll start. If he's not worthy of starting then hopefully he'll do a lot of learning and gain intellectual experience on the bench and be ready to step in a year or two.



Since when is believing that a player needs to play to get better an assumption or poor or illogical ?

Define a shot ? but unless you open up a qb camp battle ....

Coaches dont care about draft status and more than likely will go with a veteran qb over the rookie and this is John Fox we are talking about here . Now thats an assumption

As Ive pointed out I would prefer to see him play early but the bears have really created a conundrum as far as dollars and assets committed to the position . I hope they are aggressive keep thinking outside the box and play the kid but until that changes Ill take them at their word .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#96 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:59 am

chitownsports4ever wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:You're argument that Trubisky's lack of experience is the reason he should start is poor and illogical. You're assumption that just because Glennon got big money Trubisky won't get a shot to start is false. That's not how things work. Coaches don't care about that stuff. If Trubisky shows that he's worthy of starting then he'll start. If he's not worthy of starting then hopefully he'll do a lot of learning and gain intellectual experience on the bench and be ready to step in a year or two.



Since when is believing that a player needs to play to get better an assumption or poor or illogical ?

Define a shot ? but unless you open up a qb camp battle ....

.

Generally it's not. In this case it is because you're saying that's the only option should change consider and that letting him learn from the sideline is the worst thing that could ever happen.
User avatar
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 18,766
And1: 544
Joined: Jan 30, 2002
Location: southside of chicago
       

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#97 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:01 am

patryk7754 wrote:Has anyone who is losing their minds actually seen Trubisky play? It's not like he's pure trash he just isn't worthy of the second pick (unless you ask people getting paid millions of dollars to make that decision). His biggest flaw is his deep ball accuracy. Nothing else is really that bad. Given time he can improve a lot. It's kind of insane that all of you have determined this to be the worst pick ever before the draft is even over.


Who has said Trubinsky is trash ? I dont have a problem with him and I dont think most have a problem with the picking of him moreso than the trading of picks to move up one spot to get him .

I have issue with how they got him simply because I think it changes expectations and the time frame of his development
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
User avatar
City of Trees
General Manager
Posts: 9,893
And1: 1,762
Joined: Dec 23, 2009
Location: Roseville, CA
   

Re: RE: Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#98 » by City of Trees » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:03 am

patryk7754 wrote: It's kind of insane that all of you have determined this to be the worst pick ever before the draft is even over.

Not all.


Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
Posts: 42,567
And1: 9,587
Joined: Dec 23, 2002
     

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#99 » by fleet » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:14 am

On top of it all, the Niners just drafted Rueben Foster. Thomas, Foster, and the lions share of the Bears draft. Not a bad night Mr Lynch. Kudos
JackFinn wrote:I see you're back from a trip at the smarty pants store.
patryk7754
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,227
And1: 470
Joined: Jan 22, 2012

Re: Draft Night 2017 

Post#100 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:15 am

We have a lot of great options for round 2.

Budda Baker
Cam Robinson
Kevin King
Zay Jones


But with Pace who knows what's going to happen

Return to Chicago Bears