ImageImageImageImage

Are they for real?

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Are they for real? 

Post#1 » by Icness » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Gotta say I've been real impressed with the wins over the Saints and Patriots. I think this week against the Jets will say a lot.

A couple of strange stats for a 3-5 team:
The Browns have the 3rd best point differential in the first quarter, only the Raiders and Giants are better. What makes that stand out is the Browns are +30 in the 1Q and negative in every other quarter (just -2 in the 3rd). By way of comparison, the Bengals are -21 in the first quarter (they're -18 in 2Q) and actually rank 3rd in the league in the 4th at +23. So much for finishing games strong eh?

The Browns have played the 4th toughst schedule thus far. After the Jets game they get this: @JAX, CAR, @MIA, @BUF, @CIN...and then the Ravens and Steelers at home to finish. They win the Jets game and there's a very real chance they hit those last two games no worse than 8-6.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
B Mac
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 540

Re: Are they for real? 

Post#2 » by B Mac » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:41 am

Just like that, 2 tough losses puts us back in our place.

I love being able to look forward to Browns games once again though!
bcortell
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Are they for real? 

Post#3 » by bcortell » Thu Dec 2, 2010 6:04 am

The Browns have done well this year- usually in their losses too. They're competing- running the ball well, reducing turnovers, and playing solid defense. As long as they limit turnovers on offense, they can usually do well there. Wright has been terrible on defense, and I would say responsible for most of the longer pass plays against us. With him out, the defense does much better.

Either way, the Browns look to be putting it together nicely and should have a good future.

Return to Cleveland Browns