ImageImageImageImage

Browns are on the clock!

boneys2010
Ballboy
And1: 0

Browns are on the clock! 

Post#1 » by boneys2010 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 pm

OK,the draft is getting closer and closer!Although I HATE the bew format this year.But anyway,the question bodes,What do the Brons do in the first round?With the stockpile of picks that we have accumulated this year we are certainly going to be a major player this time around.I've seen a few mock draftsMost of them show us picking defense at number seven.Personally,I am hoping we go the offensive route.I would like us to grab Dez Bryant with the seven pick.I think he would bring ALOT of excitement to a pretty stale offense,for years and years to come.I'm not a big fan of either Bradford OR Claussen.If we should go QB I wouldnt mind us taking on in rounds two or three.Tony Pike might be a possability.I have also heard we might trade UP.That could only mean a QB,more than likely.
So let's hear from the legion of Brons fans!Are you excited about all the chnges being made?One thing for sure,Holmgren most definately is NOT standing pat.

It's gonna be fun to see what happens.
Furrski
Sophomore

Re: Browns are on the clock! 

Post#2 » by Furrski » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Jimmy Clausen could have quite an effect on our draft. Holmgren had publically said he 'wished he liked him more'. I wish he would have just put on a big smile and raved about him. One thing I'd love to see the Browns do, and I haven't heard anyone talk about it, is that if Claussen is there at 7, and we are not blown away by a defensive player, lets call up Buffalo and see if we can pry Lee Evans away. He is a terriffic character veteran reciever who provides the deep threat. Maybe they'd deal him if we swap picks and add a 3rd rounder? Or, the Browns could straight up take Claussen at 7.

Number one, I'd like to see Eric Berry at 7. If he's gone, I'd like to see them trade down. Besides Berry, a guy who would fit wonderfully would be Rolando McClain. I realize we have a ton of linebackers, but most are past prime and McClain *could* anchor an LB core for years and be a difference-making building block. Maybe not the 'sexy' pick, but look at how the Niners' D looks with Patrick Willis in the middle. Is he as good as Willis? Maybe not, but still a safe pick on a team that needs a safe, steady defensive pick.
Furrski
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Furrski » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 pm

...And Kiper is nuts if he really thinks we'll take Dez Bryant. Jeez.
TheOUTLAW
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,757

Post#4 » by TheOUTLAW » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:22 am

Haden, Ward, Hardesty, Colt McCoy and Lauvao.

We need at least 3 of these guys to start by midseason.
UncleDrew wrote: I get Buckets!
Roger Murdock
RealGM
And1: 4,587

Post#5 » by Roger Murdock » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Haden should start off the bat with Hardesty and Ward getting playing time and making an impact.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,061

Post#6 » by tidho » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 pm

TheOUTLAW wrote:Haden, Ward, Hardesty, Colt McCoy and Lauvao.

We need at least 3 of these guys to start by midseason.

I think we had three black holes heading into the draft. Safety, WR, and RG. We only drafted one of those early. Ward is an immediate starter, and the more I read about him the more I like the pick.

Haden and Hardesty are both going to share time in rotations with existing players. I don't know if either will be a 'starter', I suspect both will make major impacts though.

Return to Cleveland Browns