0-1: It just wasn't meant to be

Moderator: Gremz

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

0-1: It just wasn't meant to be 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:12 am

I've been traveling all day and I didn't see the end-of-game play, but it sounds like there wasn't much the Bengals could have done. This is a loss that could define the season, as this is one of the easiest games the Bengals play before their bye week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290913004
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Cohiba13
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: 0-1: It just wasn't meant to be 

Post#2 » by Cohiba13 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:29 am

I was watching it with friends who all know I'm a Bengals fan. I made a bit of a scene, I could not believe it. I thought Leon Hall had just made a great play, and really, he did make a good play, but a bad bounce and Dhani couldn't chase him down.

The offensive numbers worry me though, as Denver is not a defensive juggernaut.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:54 am

Sorry to hear, Cohiba. I'd make a scene off a play like that as well.

I found the video (here) and I just don't know what to believe. I feel like the Bengals just completely lost their composure within the span of a second. Hall was probably looking to bat the ball out of the air, which he should, yet he tipped it up...and then Stokley was just left unblocked, which is a HUGE no-no on a tip play; you need to box out a la the NBA.

I don't know. This just shouldn't've happened. Period.

Agreed about the offensive numbers. Denver does not have good defensive personnel and the Broncos should struggle this season in that department.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:34 pm

OL was awful all day, esp. the left side. Despite that I thought Benson ran well.
Carson Palmer was not sharp and clearly pressed after the first couple of ugly drops. Could not believe how bad Coles was--4 drops in the first half.

Defense looked sharp and aggressive, controlled the middle of the field against both the run and pass. The final play was just one of those freak occurrences.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game

Return to Cincinnati Bengals