ImageImageImageImage

Anybody left?

Moderator: NyCeEvO

jtcooky
Sophomore
And1: 8

Anybody left? 

Post#1 » by jtcooky » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:53 pm

Is there anyone left here that pays any attention to this forum? I'd like to start discussing Bronco news with some people because I live in Wisconsin and all I hear about is the Packers.

Anybody with a pulse?
TJ_Ford_11
Rookie
And1: 907

Re: Anybody left? 

Post#2 » by TJ_Ford_11 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:37 pm

I think it's time to become a Packer fan...
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#3 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:17 pm

jtcooky wrote:Is there anyone left here that pays any attention to this forum? I'd like to start discussing Bronco news with some people because I live in Wisconsin and all I hear about is the Packers.

Anybody with a pulse?

Very late response but I'm here lol.

I'd like to get some Broncos discussion going even though my time is quite limited.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM
And1: 641

Post#4 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Sad this forum never caught on. There are a lot of issues right now that I would like to discuss about the Broncs.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Re: Re: Anybody left? 

Post#5 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:02 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Sad this forum never caught on. There are a lot of issues right now that I would like to discuss about the Broncs.

Yeah, let's discuss.

Personally, I'm glad that Fox is gone and Del Rio appears to be on the way out as well.

The playcalling was so predictable in the 1st half on both sides of the ball.

Offensively, what makes us dangerous is the fact that we use our slot receivers so well that the defense can't target a single area of weakness and thus they get burned all over. On Sunday, we didn't even attempt to use the slot or chip our way down the field until it we were behind. By that point, Indy knew we were going to pass in the 5-15 yard range and it was too late.

Defensively, I was begging for disguised blitzing from the start. We didn't start doing that until the 4th and that's the first time that Luck started feeling real pressure and looked uncomfortable.

The dropped passes by D.Thomas were bad but I feel like they wouldn't have mattered in the end because our overall approach to the game was terrible.

Lastly, I like Peyton but I don't think he's really going to play that we'll going forward. The other 7 quarterbacks who played had the ability to move around and extend plays even for 1-2 seconds which is all you need in many cases. Peyton's lateral movement is so slow that he's not a threat to do anything outside the pocket.

On top of that, it's no secret that he doesn't have a cannon. He's got no zip on the ball in general and it only gets worse the farther out he tries to throw. Those long balls he tried to throw were just hopeful shots, not legit bullets that I'm sure Rodgers and Brady can make in their sleep.

With that said, Peyton is still a top QB. It's just that if you have serious hopes of contending, you need to have a QB that can extend plays and actually throw the deep ball.

My father-in-law asked me before the game what I thought about our chances in the playoffs. I told him I had little confidence mainly because of how poorly we ended the season against great competition and how our schemes weren't championship caliber. Sadly, that entire game went exactly how I thought it would.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#6 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:31 pm

I'm glad Elway parted ways with Fox. I think Fox is a good coach, but he needs to shoulder a lot of the blame for our playoff performances, including the super bowl. Losing games you should be competitive in, by large margins is unacceptable. I thought against the Colts we played like a team that was playing it's first preseason game. They looked rusty, they had problems excecuting simple plays and my biggest complaint, they lacked fire. I thought only a few players brought that intensity needed to win; Anderson, Knighton, Harris, Wolfe and Boldin.

Talilb played like crap and was Luck's favorite target. He was playing so far off his man and even then couldn't keep up with them. Thomas like you said dropped some passes, but I think that is what was wrong with the team. For whatever reason, they weren't prepared for this game. We don't get that many opportunities, especially with our QB to win a super bowl. That window may have passed us by and we might have to wait for the next franchise QB, as I don't have faith Brock is ready or ever will be.

I want our next coach to have fire and when we are beaten, it wasn't because we played like crap, it was because the other team was actually better than us. Show guys to the door that can't bring it anymore and I think Manning may be one of those guys. I don't have a lot of faith in him. He didn't seem right in the Patriots game and only for brief spurts the remainder of the season, did he seem okay. I haven't seen so many ugly throws from him since first coming back from his neck surgeries.

I told everyone we were going to lose to the Colts, as you point out, because we handn't played well going into the playoffs. I was actually hoping we weren't going to make the playoffs because I wanted changes to take effect this off season. I would rather build for a future super bowl win, than watch us this group choke.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#7 » by Left*My*Heart » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm

What do you think of Quinn? I think he might bring the fire and toughness to the team.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#8 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I'm glad Elway parted ways with Fox. I think Fox is a good coach, but he needs to shoulder a lot of the blame for our playoff performances, including the super bowl. Losing games you should be competitive in, by large margins is unacceptable. I thought against the Colts we played like a team that was playing it's first preseason game. They looked rusty, they had problems excecuting simple plays and my biggest complaint, they lacked fire. I thought only a few players brought that intensity needed to win; Anderson, Knighton, Harris, Wolfe and Boldin.

Talilb played like crap and was Luck's favorite target. He was playing so far off his man and even then couldn't keep up with them. Thomas like you said dropped some passes, but I think that is what was wrong with the team. For whatever reason, they weren't prepared for this game. We don't get that many opportunities, especially with our QB to win a super bowl. That window may have passed us by and we might have to wait for the next franchise QB, as I don't have faith Brock is ready or ever will be.

I want our next coach to have fire and when we are beaten, it wasn't because we played like crap, it was because the other team was actually better than us. Show guys to the door that can't bring it anymore and I think Manning may be one of those guys. I don't have a lot of faith in him. He didn't seem right in the Patriots game and only for brief spurts the remainder of the season, did he seem okay. I haven't seen so many ugly throws from him since first coming back from his neck surgeries.

I told everyone we were going to lose to the Colts, as you point out, because we handn't played well going into the playoffs. I was actually hoping we weren't going to make the playoffs because I wanted changes to take effect this off season. I would rather build for a future super bowl win, than watch us this group choke.

- During the game against the Colts, I thought "If we find some way to win the game, I wonder how Talib would feel about playing his former team?" In hindsight, I'm glad that scenario never came up because I'm certain Brady would've targeted him several times to rub salt in the wound. I told the people at the Broncos hosting party I went to that I'd rather lose to the Colts last weekend than have us win and get blasted by New England this weekend.

- I agree about our window closing/being closed and I'm ok with that too. Personally, I'd prefer if Manning hang it up. Having him on for another year would just delay our retool/rebuild process, although I'm sure his return would give us a huge chance at re-signing the Thomases and Welker.

If Manning does retire, we better look to the draft. There isn't a single FA QB I'd hand over the keys of the franchise to.

In the draft, I'd target Brett Hundley from UCLA with the 28th pick if he's still available. His mobility is definitely a big plus but what I really like about him is his poise in the pocket and his throwing mechanics. It's not a picture perfect form but he has some of the best throwing motion I've seen from a running QB. I also have confidence is his arm strength and accuracy. Again, he's not excellent at either but he's good enough and has the ability to improve in both areas IMO.

- This year's Broncos reminded me of those NBA teams who have a playing style that's very successful in the regular season (because they can beat up mediocre competition) but wasn't made for the playoffs. I also disliked the fact that 5 our first 8 games were at home. It gave everyone, especially the fans, a false sense of security. Back in September, I knew that our performance in the final 8 games where we'd be forced to play on the road and build momentum toward the playoffs would serve as a good indication of how good we were as a football team. Our struggles at the end of the season just confirmed my doubts so I wasn't surprised at all to see what happened, although it's really embarrassing to have a bye week and play so crappy.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#9 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:What do you think of Quinn? I think he might bring the fire and toughness to the team.

I'd love to have Quinn. I want a guy who's mainly fiery but also has the ability to have a bit of fun. The coaches that are too serious wear out their welcome too quickly especially in this era of the NFL where player morale is kinda key to success. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 4 teams left have coaches that players want to play for.

I'm kinda meh on Kubiak. Would I like him as an offensive coordinator, sure. As a head coach, not really.

A successful offseason for me would be:
1) Make Quinn HC (and Kubiak OC). I doubt we'd be able to convince him to leave Seattle just to be DC for us.
2) Draft Hundley
3) Retain one of the Thomases and Welker so Hundley can grow with a competent receiving core like Luck was/is able to do with Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#10 » by Left*My*Heart » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:37 pm

NyCeEvO wrote:
Left*My*Heart wrote:What do you think of Quinn? I think he might bring the fire and toughness to the team.

I'd love to have Quinn. I want a guy who's mainly fiery but also has the ability to have a bit of fun. The coaches that are too serious wear out their welcome too quickly especially in this era of the NFL where player morale is kinda key to success. I don't think it's a coincidence that the 4 teams left have coaches that players want to play for.

I'm kinda meh on Kubiak. Would I like him as an offensive coordinator, sure. As a head coach, not really.

A successful offseason for me would be:
1) Make Quinn HC (and Kubiak OC). I doubt we'd be able to convince him to leave Seattle just to be DC for us.
2) Draft Hundley
3) Retain one of the Thomases and Welker so Hundley can grow with a competent receiving core like Luck was/is able to do with Reggie Wayne and TY Hilton.

You have some excellent ideas. I don't care for Kubiak, not sure why, but apparently there is sort of a rift between him and Manning.
Hundley would make a lot of sense. Too bad Manning wouldn't stay around for a season to mentor him or even Brock for that matter, but we know that isn't Patton's style.

I hope to respond more today as time permits...

thanks for the Broncos' banter, I enjoy it!
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#11 » by NyCeEvO » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:I hope to respond more today as time permits...

thanks for the Broncos' banter, I enjoy it!

Cool. Anytime!
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#12 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Not sure what happened to my post from this weekend, but I expressed my displeasure with the Kubiak hiring. Sort of depressed by this...
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#13 » by NyCeEvO » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:01 pm

Left*My*Heart wrote:Not sure what happened to my post from this weekend, but I expressed my displeasure with the Kubiak hiring. Sort of depressed by this...

And it seems like ATL will snag Quinn.

The defense has always been a major problem for us. They better get some electrifying DC or else I won't be confident any deep playoff runs soon.
Left*My*Heart
RealGM

Post#14 » by Left*My*Heart » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:10 pm

Seems we will be getting a bunch of good ole boy buddies as the assistants. I thought our defense was better this season and it wasn't the reason the Colts beat us. I would like to see some investments on both offensive and defensive lines. I was extremely disappointed with both, especially our offensive line, which was so heavily touted. Clady making the Prop Bowl was a crime.

Return to Denver Broncos