Gwynn and Aquino make the cut

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Buck4Life
Head Coach
And1: 1

Gwynn and Aquino make the cut 

Post#1 » by Buck4Life » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:43 am

http://www.realgmbaseball.com/src_wiret ... ay_roster/

Im dissapointed they sent Capellan down. I was very high on him for this season.

Congrats to Gwynn and Aquino :clap:
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#2 » by crkone » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:47 am

I think Capellan was wore out from the constant pitching he has done with the Dominican league.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,182

Post#3 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:48 am

I'm a big Gwynn fan. I'm a little torn between what's best for him, playing every day in Nashville or sitting on the bench here. But I don't think he has much to prove in triple A.
WEFFPIM
RealGM
And1: 473

Post#4 » by WEFFPIM » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:49 am

Very shocked about Capellan being sent down. I think the acquisition of Elmer Dessens might have sealed that.
ReddWing wrote:Being a fan of this team is tantamount to being in hell...There is no Christ that is coming to save us. Even if there was, we'd trade him for a 28 year old wing.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:52 am

Our middle relief is our weakest spot I think. Capellan could easily be back in a month.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#6 » by cam2win » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:58 am

I'm actually a little shocked Gwynn made it considerg we are only carrying 5 infielders. No doubt Gwynn is more valuable of a hitter and base runner over Rottino but I figured Vinny would make it based on his versatility on the infield. Congrats to Tony though.

I'm not so shocked about the bullpen though. I actually would rather see CV start in triple A and continue to start but he pitched to well to be left off the club I guess. Capellan just struggled in spring after pitching all winter. I hope he doesn't retire like he said he was considering and continues to work hard and get back here. He has a ton of potential and if our staff really is full I would think him being sent down hurts his trade value.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:00 am

I guess Hall is our emergency infielder.
Captain Erv
General Manager
And1: 78

Post#8 » by Captain Erv » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:28 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Our middle relief is our weakest spot I think. Capellan could easily be back in a month.

Hopefully we won't have to rely on middle relief as much as we have in the past. Yeah, there are going to be games when the starters struggle, but if we can consistently get to Wise, Turnbow, and Cordero we could be dangerous.
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#9 » by Buck You » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:49 am

cam2win wrote:I'm actually a little shocked Gwynn made it considerg we are only carrying 5 infielders. No doubt Gwynn is more valuable of a hitter and base runner over Rottino but I figured Vinny would make it based on his versatility on the infield. Congrats to Tony though.

I'm not so shocked about the bullpen though. I actually would rather see CV start in triple A and continue to start but he pitched to well to be left off the club I guess. Capellan just struggled in spring after pitching all winter. I hope he doesn't retire like he said he was considering and continues to work hard and get back here. He has a ton of potential and if our staff really is full I would think him being sent down hurts his trade value.

When did he say he wanted to retire? He is under 30 isn't he? I always thought he had a good chance in this league. That would be very surprising.

Hopefully we won't have to rely on middle relief as much as we have in the past. Yeah, there are going to be games when the starters struggle, but if we can consistently get to Wise, Turnbow, and Cordero we could be dangerous.

Yes, i really do agree with that. We always got in trouble before because we had to trot out horrible starters then get into our below average mid-relief and they would be worn out by may. That will not happen this year i think.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,731

Post#10 » by DanoMac » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:24 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=2& ... 7&id=21360

Aquino won a three-man competition for the final bullpen job, topping Jose Capellan and Chris Spurling. Capellan, who made 61 appearances for the Brewers last seson, was so upset over the decision that he told teammates he might retire.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:27 pm

One thing Gwynn has is speed. He'll be a valuable pinch runner.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#12 » by wichmae » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:29 pm

Gwynn is a solid player not sure why everyone is so down on him.
cam2win
Veteran
And1: 7

Post#13 » by cam2win » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:49 pm

I really like Gwynn and think he has a future in the big leagues. Just shocked they kept 6 OFers and only 5 IFers.

Return to Milwaukee Brewers