CLE/DEN

Moderator: NyCeEvO

MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

CLE/DEN 

Post#1 » by MHZ » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Broncos looking to go 2-0 in their home opener. The schedule is going to get brutal, so if they're not winning now, they're not going to ever.
berserker
Rookie
And1: 25

Re: CLE/DEN 

Post#2 » by berserker » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:27 pm

I didn't get to see the game out here in Cali, but hey - I'll take 2 - 0 to start the season any day.

I like the fact that everyone is buying into McDaniels team-first concept. I like Dumervil switching to OLB, and I love the fact that we have a 1-2 punch with CBuck and Knowshon. Orton, who is never going to be confused with a franchise QB, is not making the glaring mental mistakes and he's managing the game. Our D looks terrific, but I'm withholding judgement for now cause it's only the Brownies and the Bungles.

Great work so far.....

GOING TO THE OAKLAND/BRONCS GAME THIS WEEK - WISH ME LUCK. I HOPE I LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO POST NEXT WEEK LOL. Got two tix on the 40 yd line, if you see a guy wearing 15 broncos jerseys, waving big ass signs, and getting beer and punches thrown at him, it's probably me...
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#3 » by Icness » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:22 am

good luck with the Black Hole dude!

Just watched the game on NFL.com and two things stood out.
1. Cleveland's RBs have no ability at all in pass protection. Three of Dumervil's sacks were assignment mistakes by the Browns RBs, with some help from Elvis beating through the line so quickly.
2. The Denver OL can still run block with the best of 'em.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#4 » by MHZ » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:54 pm

As long as the Broncos can utilize their running game, I think they're going to be competitive. It's when they fall behind and have to pass it on every down that I don't see the Broncos having much of a chance.

But hey, 2-0 is 2-0, and the Raiders/Chiefs look absolutely horrible, so you never know. Granted, we always seem to lose the game @ KC.

Return to Denver Broncos