ImageImage

[Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU)

Moderators: Vator, TMU, Mr. E, TMACFORMVP

Guy986
RealGM
Posts: 17,754
And1: 621
Joined: Oct 09, 2005
Location: BBG Nation unite!

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#61 » by Guy986 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:02 am

MaxRider wrote:
Guy986 wrote:GG. Don't complain about the last non call. Lee initiated all the contact. And frankly even if he was fouled, i don't expect him to hit all 3 clutch FTs in a row. I mean hes courtney lee. We lost because we failed to score a FG during a whole stretch of 9 minutes in the 4th quarter. Oh and Jordan Hill is dumb.

lol at Lee's FT

good game
at least Martin is trying to take over the game


Yep great game by Martin. Nice effort.

We win this with Chuck Hayes, i'm pretty sure.
User avatar
Joseph17
RealGM
Posts: 10,001
And1: 360
Joined: Jul 09, 2004
Location: New York
   

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#62 » by Joseph17 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:07 am

Guy986 wrote:
MaxRider wrote:
Guy986 wrote:GG. Don't complain about the last non call. Lee initiated all the contact. And frankly even if he was fouled, i don't expect him to hit all 3 clutch FTs in a row. I mean hes courtney lee. We lost because we failed to score a FG during a whole stretch of 9 minutes in the 4th quarter. Oh and Jordan Hill is dumb.

lol at Lee's FT

good game
at least Martin is trying to take over the game


Yep great game by Martin. Nice effort.

We win this with Chuck Hayes, i'm pretty sure.

I agree. You can't blame Martin for "disappearing" in the 4th tonight. Adelman took him out in the beginning of the 4th (horrible move imo) and from there it was down hill. They were up by 10 when Adelman took him out and they were tied when they put him back. He also only shot the ball once down the stretch. You can't take a hot hand out of the game.
ozhoustonfan
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 04, 2011

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#63 » by ozhoustonfan » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:11 am

Ive read this board for a few weeks now, you guys seem to pick on jordan hill....give the guy a break he is still young and can provide us with a shot blocking presence (something you guys call out for), that has potential. He still ended the game with 9 points (although missing clutch fts he was 4-9 which waasnt too bad) and 9 boards (a couple in the last mins were off. rebs aswell, when noone was hitting shots). For mine he provides more than patterson for us defensively - especially today despite the fact he missed clutch fts and a costly turnover he is still grabbing boards, you cant blame him for being dominated by aldridge the guy is on fire this year. I like pat, but not another undersized pf :( who tends to get lost a fair bit on defense, which no one really notices because his offensive production and mid range J is the focus.
Guy986
RealGM
Posts: 17,754
And1: 621
Joined: Oct 09, 2005
Location: BBG Nation unite!

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#64 » by Guy986 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:13 am

Aaron Brooks wrote:Not even a fat girl in the gamethread could save us


No fat girl= blown out by the Blazers
Fat girl= down to the wire
User avatar
DreamShook34
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,370
And1: 5
Joined: Oct 19, 2007

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#65 » by DreamShook34 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:14 am

Aaron Brooks wrote:Not even a fat girl in the gamethread could save us


It was an animated fat girl. I think we need a real fat girls in the thread.
Image
Guy986
RealGM
Posts: 17,754
And1: 621
Joined: Oct 09, 2005
Location: BBG Nation unite!

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#66 » by Guy986 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:19 am

ozhoustonfan wrote:Ive read this board for a few weeks now, you guys seem to pick on jordan hill....give the guy a break he is still young and can provide us with a shot blocking presence (something you guys call out for), that has potential. He still ended the game with 9 points (although missing clutch fts he was 4-9 which waasnt too bad) and 9 boards (a couple in the last mins were off. rebs aswell, when noone was hitting shots). For mine he provides more than patterson for us defensively - especially today despite the fact he missed clutch fts and a costly turnover he is still grabbing boards, you cant blame him for being dominated by aldridge the guy is on fire this year. I like pat, but not another undersized pf :( who tends to get lost a fair bit on defense, which no one really notices because his offensive production and mid range J is the focus.


Pat is a rookie. We tend to go easier on rookies. But good point nevertheless.
ozhoustonfan
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 04, 2011

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#67 » by ozhoustonfan » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:26 am

Guy986 wrote:
ozhoustonfan wrote:Ive read this board for a few weeks now, you guys seem to pick on jordan hill....give the guy a break he is still young and can provide us with a shot blocking presence (something you guys call out for), that has potential. He still ended the game with 9 points (although missing clutch fts he was 4-9 which waasnt too bad) and 9 boards (a couple in the last mins were off. rebs aswell, when noone was hitting shots). For mine he provides more than patterson for us defensively - especially today despite the fact he missed clutch fts and a costly turnover he is still grabbing boards, you cant blame him for being dominated by aldridge the guy is on fire this year. I like pat, but not another undersized pf :( who tends to get lost a fair bit on defense, which no one really notices because his offensive production and mid range J is the focus.


Pat is a rookie. We tend to go easier on rookies. But good point nevertheless.


yeh true, but hill is only a 2nd year player (i think) and more of a raw player with a fair bit of potential, whereas pat is considered a ready made nba player whom slipped because his potential and size was unknown/questionable. I like what pat offers us, but if we could move him for a more ready defensive big then i would be up for it, before trading hill.
User avatar
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,743
And1: 421
Joined: Jan 14, 2008

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#68 » by Aaron Brooks » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:29 am

DreamShook34 wrote:
Aaron Brooks wrote:Not even a fat girl in the gamethread could save us


It was an animated fat girl. I think we need a real fat girls in the thread.


I'll make note of that for next time
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
User avatar
M4P
Starter
Posts: 2,423
And1: 348
Joined: Aug 29, 2008

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#69 » by M4P » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:33 am

ozhoustonfan wrote:yeh true, but hill is only a 2nd year player (i think) and more of a raw player with a fair bit of potential, whereas pat is considered a ready made nba player whom slipped because his potential and size was unknown/questionable. I like what pat offers us, but if we could move him for a more ready defensive big then i would be up for it, before trading hill.

Pat is the same size as Al Horford. Do you consider Horford undersize? Hill has his positives but the guy should be packaged if the right deal comes along.

We need fatter chicks dammit. Step your game up people.
baki wrote:
M4P wrote:I don't think he's a troll more so than the fact that he's an impressionable teenager that's looking for And1s.


Yeah, a teenager who drives a GTR and owns a beach house.
ozhoustonfan
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 04, 2011

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#70 » by ozhoustonfan » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:40 am

M4P wrote:
ozhoustonfan wrote:yeh true, but hill is only a 2nd year player (i think) and more of a raw player with a fair bit of potential, whereas pat is considered a ready made nba player whom slipped because his potential and size was unknown/questionable. I like what pat offers us, but if we could move him for a more ready defensive big then i would be up for it, before trading hill.


Pat is the same size as Al Horford. Do you consider Horford undersize? Hill has his positives but the guy should be packaged if the right deal comes along.

We need fatter chicks dammit. Step your game up people.


pat is listed at 6'9, and al at 6'10 on nba.com, virtually the same size but i would hate to see pat try and play C like horford does, although he is considered a pf. Horford plays bigger than he is, i honestly thought he was 7'0, or at least 6'11 lol
User avatar
M4P
Starter
Posts: 2,423
And1: 348
Joined: Aug 29, 2008

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#71 » by M4P » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:46 am

ozhoustonfan wrote:
M4P wrote:
ozhoustonfan wrote:yeh true, but hill is only a 2nd year player (i think) and more of a raw player with a fair bit of potential, whereas pat is considered a ready made nba player whom slipped because his potential and size was unknown/questionable. I like what pat offers us, but if we could move him for a more ready defensive big then i would be up for it, before trading hill.


Pat is the same size as Al Horford. Do you consider Horford undersize? Hill has his positives but the guy should be packaged if the right deal comes along.

We need fatter chicks dammit. Step your game up people.


pat is listed at 6'9, and al at 6'10 on nba.com, virtually the same size but i would hate to see pat try and play C like horford does, although he is considered a pf. Horford plays bigger than he is, i honestly thought he was 7'0, or at least 6'11 lol

Pat is .25 inches shorter than Horford according to Draftexpress. He also has a bigger frame than Horford did coming into the league and is not undersized. In the past few games, he has proven that he is on par with Hill.
baki wrote:
M4P wrote:I don't think he's a troll more so than the fact that he's an impressionable teenager that's looking for And1s.


Yeah, a teenager who drives a GTR and owns a beach house.
User avatar
rdehonney
Junior
Posts: 267
And1: 0
Joined: Jul 11, 2010
Location: Football's back, Football's back, thats all these people screamin that FOOTBALLS BACK!

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#72 » by rdehonney » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:47 am

Don't forget that pat's draft stock took a big hit when cousins got there. Going into that year he was being talked about as a lottery pick. As for the game I didn't get to catch it and I'm kind of glad. It's so frustrating because our team is competitive but we can't finish. As for adelman taking Martin out for long stretches during the 4th why does he keep doing that??? Any other positives besides martins play tonight??
ozhoustonfan
Freshman
Posts: 74
And1: 0
Joined: Jan 04, 2011

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#73 » by ozhoustonfan » Thu Jan 6, 2011 4:55 am

pat is listed at 6'9, and al at 6'10 on nba.com, virtually the same size but i would hate to see pat try and play C like horford does, although he is considered a pf. Horford plays bigger than he is, i honestly thought he was 7'0, or at least 6'11 lol[/quote]
Pat is .25 inches shorter than Horford according to Draftexpress. He also has a bigger frame than Horford did coming into the league and is not undersized. In the past few games, he has proven that he is on par with Hill.[/quote]

hmmm i agree that they are on par, but pat has played, what like 3 games and tends to avoid criticsms because he is a rookie, where as hill tends to be the scapegoat on this board although he is only a 2nd year player who wasnt considered as nba ready as patterson is this year. I like both players, but when people call out for a shot blocking big, or a big with potential i think that is hill. I think patterson players undersized, although he has shown he can pull down boards he just doesnt have the length that hill does, and thats what i think houston desperately needs, we just have to give him a little time - i think he has improved this year with an increase in minutes and will only get better, but i do agree with what you say, if the right trade comes up for a big we should take it
User avatar
Baller 24
RealGM
Posts: 16,638
And1: 12
Joined: Feb 11, 2006

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#74 » by Baller 24 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 5:11 am

I want to see more of Patterson, OVER Hill. Kidd looks like Paul Millsap and Buck Williams in one.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
User avatar
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,743
And1: 421
Joined: Jan 14, 2008

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#75 » by Aaron Brooks » Thu Jan 6, 2011 5:14 am

Although Patterson is the same size as Horford, Horford is a higher leaper
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
Don Draper
General Manager
Posts: 8,534
And1: 330
Joined: Mar 09, 2008
Location: Toxic Toyota Center

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#76 » by Don Draper » Thu Jan 6, 2011 5:34 am

Pros
- Kevin Martin did his job (I still hate him though)
- We played good defense in the 3rd quarter
- Crowd was surprisingly good
- Our bigs looked active tonight (even Hill)

Cons
- Jordan Hill's defense vs LMA was horrible (people were screaming for double teams)
- Adelman's rotations (taking out Martin with 9 mins left when he is hot?)
- Brad Miller GTFO
- Offense looked stagnant (esp in the 4th)

The Blazers are a better team but this game could have easily been won.
User avatar
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
Posts: 23,658
And1: 29
Joined: Jan 02, 2005
       

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#77 » by TMU » Thu Jan 6, 2011 12:58 pm

We would have won this game if we had Chuck Hayes AKA the LMA stopper!
rocketsballin wrote:STOP MAKING THREES DAMMIT! YOU'RE KILLING ME! BI POLAR MOTHER F**KERS lol
User avatar
Oden2
RealGM
Posts: 17,798
And1: 622
Joined: May 29, 2007
Location: Portland
   

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#78 » by Oden2 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 7:11 pm

MaxRider wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Guy986 wrote:Is that Lamarcus Aldridge or Kareem Adul jabbar?


LaMarcus has been insane this year. His play has really got overshadowed by all the injuries Portland has endured.

he's always insane against rockets because there's no one on the team that can guard him


Maybe so but in the past few games LA has played like an all-star. He's really been a stud in Roy's absence much to the surprise of plenty of Blazer faithful.
User avatar
rocketsballin
RealGM
Posts: 12,456
And1: 276
Joined: Mar 07, 2009

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#79 » by rocketsballin » Thu Jan 6, 2011 9:57 pm

interesting how 2 of his past few games were vs houston ;) . he always torches us
Image
User avatar
Oden2
RealGM
Posts: 17,798
And1: 622
Joined: May 29, 2007
Location: Portland
   

Re: [Game 35] Battle of the Injury Plagued Teams (POR @ HOU) 

Post#80 » by Oden2 » Thu Jan 6, 2011 11:34 pm

roxfashoballin wrote:interesting how 2 of his past few games were vs houston ;) . he always torches us


He's been known to do well against texas opponents in general. He's always dominating against Dallas, I've seen him have some good games against SA in the past, and as you said he's pretty good against Houston. I'm just glad to see him playing well more consistently. :) This is the first time I've seen Aldridge shoot most of his shots in the post over such a long stretch.

Return to Houston Rockets


Users browsing this forum: texasholdem