ImageImage

State of the Roster

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: State of the Roster 

Post#631 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:48 am

Gay's contract is huge and would require a big package from Houston. Not worth it imo.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#632 » by inquisitive » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:18 am

Rockets really need to look at getting a 4 who can hit midrange jumpers and post up ...a younger version of Scola would be nice....Patterson shooting 3s is not good! Also, they shoulda tried to get a good backup pt. guard for Lin during the offseason like a poised Jarret Jack through a trade...kinda late now since Jack's stock has gone way up with his play at GS. I don't mind sitting Lin or TD if they are having a bad game, but when both are doing nothing like tonite against Philly, we don't have much of a choice.

Against the physical big teams is gonna be a problem for us...Pat and Morris can't handle it...also our halfcourt sucks obviously with our run run full court style.

If we're gonna let our young guys develop and stay on a 2-3 yr plan, then we need to play DMO and TJones so we can gauge on whether these guys will be part of our future and just wait till offseason for any deals, but if we are planning to win now and make the playoffs then i guess Morey needs to start looking for a trade cause we really need a quality PF.

Also, we are now getting into an area now where we don't know how to play when Harden is getting doubled...sure we need to swing the ball around, but when we do, our guys are either hesitant to shoot or taking too long before the opposing defenders close out on them, thus playing hot potato until the clock runs out....word is that Harden will be doubled even more so now as his status reaches superstar level.

Mchale needs to play DMO and TJones and i don't mean garbage time. Also, why not experiment and have Smith play PF along Asik. Hell, just have DMO come in as backup center...you gotta try something different if nothing is going right.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,829

Post#633 » by LarsV8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Also, they shoulda tried to get a good backup pt. guard for Lin during the offseason like a poised Jarret Jack through a trade...kinda late now since Jack's stock has gone way up with his play at GS. I don't mind sitting Lin or TD if they are having a bad game, but when both are doing nothing like tonite against Philly, we don't have much of a choice.

I think Llull is coming over next year.

If we're gonna let our young guys develop and stay on a 2-3 yr plan, then we need to play DMO and TJones so we can gauge on whether these guys will be part of our future and just wait till offseason for any deals, but if we are planning to win now and make the playoffs then i guess Morey needs to start looking for a trade cause we really need a quality PF.

Just because they don't play doesn't mean they aren't being developed.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#634 » by Zubby » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:32 pm

LarsV8 wrote:I think Llull is coming over next year.

:o that would be cool... but I thought he signed like a 6 year deal to stay at Madrid?
Why do you think he is coming?

LarsV8 wrote:Just because they don't play doesn't mean they aren't being developed.

Yes!
For some reasons people think "player isn't getting game time= he not getting developed...
It drives me crazy, especially when people say our team is technically a group of rookies.

NO damnit no they aren't rookies
Lin has been in the league 3 years and prior to that 4 years of college ball, Pats been in the league 3 years 3 years of college ball
Morris 2nd year 3 years of college ball. Asik 3 years in the league.

I'm fine to wait on this team but I keep hear people say Lin is untouchable, Asik is untouchable and that bothers me... untouchable for what reason?

Is it true that Les won't allow Morey to trade Lin?
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,829

Post#635 » by LarsV8 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:39 pm

The idea that Lin or Asik is untouchable is silly.

The only untouchable is Harden
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#636 » by rocketsballin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 pm

how can you breakup the most lovable couple in the nba with lin and parsons? have you no heart? :(

and i been wating for a big black guy type of player for about 10 thousand years, so we aint trading asik. he needs help at the 4. but by himself he's still killin it
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#637 » by BaYBaller » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 pm

Lin and Asik obviously aren't untouchable but the issue is that we are thin there where if we do trade them we need a replacement, and it is not common you get trades where you trade a starter for another starter at the same position. Add to that they are both young and have upside and that we are only looking to improve our roster at this point and it makes it highly unlikely they will be traded this season.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#638 » by Zubby » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:18 pm

This is the Houston Rockets, where they treat pg's like condoms... I hope we can trade Lin for a big, I would love to keep Asik too, but he is literally the only guy on this team with trade value aside from Harden, Lin & White LBJ.

No one wants Morris or Patterson... we couldn't get rid of Cook's expiring, Aldrich might be the same way.
I don't fault Morey but I just don't see the optimism if we can't get another scorer, one who can get buckets in the post too.

I mean if Nash, JJ, Marion, Amare get to West Finals only once wtf is a team like this gonna do?
We already know about some 1st round exits, not trying see that again.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#639 » by Guy986 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Zubby wrote:This is the Houston Rockets, where they treat pg's like condoms...

:lol:
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#640 » by inquisitive » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26 am

Except Harden, any player on the roster should be tradeable....as far as development i see what you guys are saying, but there is nothing better than on the job experience which means playing time....dmo and tjones are gonna be rookies again next yr if they're not on the court this year.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
madbucky
Bench Warmer
And1: 32

Post#641 » by madbucky » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:35 am

Guy986 wrote:
Zubby wrote:This is the Houston Rockets, where they treat pg's like condoms...

:lol:

wow, Zubby is on a roll!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,166

Post#642 » by cedric76 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:49 am

Would u do that?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ausfw2u

I think bbd is perfect for ur team next to asik
Grayson or Monk? Bring the cheapest

unleash Jett next seaon
Br0ken_Sp0ke
Rookie
And1: 745

Post#643 » by Br0ken_Sp0ke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:00 am

cedric76 wrote:Would u do that?

Lol...Rockets will pass, thanks.
baki wrote:Robinson and Olajuwon are about equal, but I'd give Robinson the edge for being far more critical to the team's success than Olajuwon was.

baki wrote:I'm not sure if Harden is really that much better than Lin.

baki wrote:I call everything as I see it and I'm always right
cedric76
RealGM

Post#644 » by cedric76 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am

Br0ken_Sp0ke wrote:

Why? If u don't mind me asking ( al s contract is partially guaranteed)

unleash Jett next seaon
Br0ken_Sp0ke
Rookie
And1: 745

Post#645 » by Br0ken_Sp0ke » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 pm

cedric76 wrote:
Br0ken_Sp0ke wrote:

Why? If u don't mind me asking ( al s contract is partially guaranteed)

Because you have us sending out valued assets for an undesirable package that kills our future cap flexibility.

The Rockets have no interest in a horribly inefficient Big Baby on that contract…We don't want him for free, much less give up Motiejunas and Delfino for him. And to make matters even worse you're also dumping Harrington on us, whose remaining half of his contract WE'D have to pay and also counts against our future cap space...

Sorry, but this is just atrociously bad for Houston. (And Minny too btw).
baki wrote:Robinson and Olajuwon are about equal, but I'd give Robinson the edge for being far more critical to the team's success than Olajuwon was.

baki wrote:I'm not sure if Harden is really that much better than Lin.

baki wrote:I call everything as I see it and I'm always right
cedric76
RealGM

Post#646 » by cedric76 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:28 pm

ok thx for explanation

i thought BBD would have been prefect fit for ur team ( BBD contract is very good IMO for what he brings)

i tought u were in win now mode but i can see u have cap next year so u r in good shape

best of luck

unleash Jett next seaon
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#647 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:05 pm

This team needs another scorer. I still like Cousins on this team with his post presence, but unfortunately it looks like Sacto (Seattle) covets him as an asset to deal with later.

Regardless, I expect Houston to make a move by the deadline to strengthen the 3 and/or 4 spots.
Baller 24
RealGM
And1: 18

Post#648 » by Baller 24 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:02 pm

Eric Bledsoe, that kid is a baller. That is all.
dockingsched wrote: the biggest loss of the off-season for the lakers was earl clark
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#649 » by Durant Durant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Josh Smith is available.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#650 » by jwise44 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Baller 24 wrote:Eric Bledsoe, that kid is a baller. That is all.

Yes please

Offseason sign millsap (i know hes jazz, but hes from louisiana and he played at la tech so he gets a pass[this same logic does not apply to Karl "horrible father/rapist" malone]) and Bledsoe resign delfino and either jjreddick or Icelander...Lin=6th man. Trade some collection of our pfs for picks or more capspace if we need it for these deals

Bledsoe/harden/parsons/millsap/Asik
Lin/dougie or reddick/delfino/jones or motie or morris/smith

Is this possible? I want this to be possible

Return to Houston Rockets