ImageImage

Sunday @ Staples Center vs LA Lakers (GT: 6:30PM Pacific)

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Re: Sunday @ Staples Center vs LA Lakers (GT: 6:30PM Pacific 

Post#81 » by Guy986 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 am

Zubby wrote:Lin looks like a solid back up...

I dont know about solid....
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#82 » by Zubby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 am

Every fast pg in the league torches the lakers... And we had for the past couple seasons a couple laker kills. Brooks, Dragic, Lowry... Wasn't Alston a lamer killer too?

I was think Lin would follow :(

Howard thinking he made a good desicison
Zubby
General Manager

Post#83 » by Zubby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 am

Guy986 wrote:

Yea guess I was being generous
kill3rmus
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#84 » by kill3rmus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 am

well rocket team can't handle the bigs... and Harden typical offense... dribble dribble lose ball... start chucking threes...

Harden is a good player, rocket needs ball movement to make the other team do defense and give the ball to him to score... stop doing ISO.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#85 » by Mr. E » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:57 am

Great showing by Parsons. Good ball distribution by Lin. Loved to see that Terrence Jones got meaningful minutes.

Now for the Jazz tomorrow night!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant
And1: 629

Post#86 » by Aaron Brooks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:59 am

Time to start Morris at the 4, we have too many offensive liabilities in the starting lineup

Patterson is too soft out there, he would get the ball 5 feet from the basket and still shoot a jumper

Lin is scared of getting blocked, he'll never score with that mentality

Morris and Smith are the only 2 that don't look scared out there
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
kinein
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#87 » by kinein » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:59 am

Mr. E wrote:Great showing by Parsons. Good ball distribution by Lin. Loved to see that Terrence Jones got meaningful minutes.

Agreed. Best highlight was the T.Jones dunk - poster!!
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by Aaron Brooks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 am

Of course Harden is gonna iso out there, u think he wants to work hard to set up his teammates that brick shot after shot? hes losing faith in his teammates
baki wrote:Harden is essentially a very good role player, he's not a franchise player.
kill3rmus
Sophomore

Post#89 » by kill3rmus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 am

Zubby wrote:
Guy986 wrote:

Yea guess I was being generous

Why are you guys picking on Lin on this game?... Lakers just outplayed rockets.
kill3rmus
Sophomore

Post#90 » by kill3rmus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:05 am

Aaron Brooks wrote:Of course Harden is gonna iso out there, u think he wants to work hard to set up his teammates that brick shot after shot? hes losing faith in his teammates

He is losing faith in his teammates after the first or second game (give or take)? He's been doing this since he got here a...
kill3rmus
Sophomore

Post#91 » by kill3rmus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 am

Mr. E wrote:Great showing by Parsons. Good ball distribution by Lin. Loved to see that Terrence Jones got meaningful minutes.

Yes, too bad Laker bigs just too powerful. Asik is good, but not good enough for them.
Guy986
RealGM

Post#92 » by Guy986 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 am

This is game #10. Its a big enough sample size where you can start to sense a pattern.

Jeremy Lin is shooting 35% from the field 26% from 3pt line with a True shooting percentage of 46%. That is completely unacceptable.

His shot isnt falling. I accept that. He will shoot better.

What scares me is how bad his ability to finish around the rim is. I saw it in preseason and i'm seeing it now. He just has trouble completing his layups against nba bigs. Half the time his layups dont even draw irons.

I dont know what he did in NY but he's not doing it in Houston. I hope his knee isn't 100%.
kill3rmus
Sophomore

Post#93 » by kill3rmus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 am

Lakers got us on Free throws...

11-18 Rockets
18-28 Lakers

Rockets committed 7 more fouls
Aaron Brooks
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by Aaron Brooks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 am

Guy986 wrote:This is game #10. Its a big enough sample size where you can start to sense a pattern.

Jeremy Lin is shooting 35% from the field 26% from 3pt line with a True shooting percentage of 46%. That is completely unacceptable.

What scares me is how bad his ability to finish around the rim is. I saw it in preseason and i'm seeing it now. He just has trouble completing his layups against nba bigs. Half the time his layups dont even draw irons.

I dont know what he did in NY but he's not doing it in Houston. I hope his knee isn't 100%.

I think Lin threw up his first floater of the season today, and he made it. I don't know why it took so long for him to utilize it since hes afraid of attacking the basket
kill3rmus
Sophomore

Post#95 » by kill3rmus » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:14 am

Guy986 wrote:This is game #10. Its a big enough sample size where you can start to sense a pattern.

He's not driving towards the rim as much, with the offense they're running, he's at the corner most of the time, I'm surprised that he did a lot in this game.
Guy986
RealGM

Post#96 » by Guy986 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 am

kill3rmus wrote:

He's not driving towards the rim as much, with the offense they're running, he's at the corner most of the time, I'm surprised that he did a lot in this game.

No he goes to the rim plenty enough. Its just that when he get there he's been struggling mightily this season.

I thought he was a great finisher in NY. Lin is playing like the alien from space jam took his power.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#97 » by inquisitive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:27 am

Guy986 wrote:
kill3rmus wrote:

No he goes to the rim plenty enough. Its just that when he get there he's been struggling mightily this season.

I thought he was a great finisher in NY. Lin is playing like the alien from space jam took his power.

It seems like when he goes to the rim and stops...he doesn't have the lift like he did in NY to shoot over the big guys...really weird. I'm more concerned about that too...cuz the perimeter shooting will come around.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
kinein
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#98 » by kinein » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:29 am

It is what it is, though this team just really needs more time.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#99 » by inquisitive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 am

kinein wrote:It is what it is, though this team just really needs more time.

agree...they still look a bit lost in the halfcourt set when Lin penetrates and over dribbles...
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Zubby
General Manager

Post#100 » by Zubby » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:33 am

Lin has the speed and lift, do you not see how high he gets on defensive rebounds? He is so aggressive on those at times stealing them from Asik... Then on the offensive side he drives at will into the paint and does this stop and pop fade shot which is god awful and NEVER goes in...

That or he'll dribble off his foot or look for a bail out pass.

Why can't he just be as aggresive on offense as he is on the defensive glass

Thank god we traded Martin... could you imagine this team with Kevin Martin? :o

Return to Houston Rockets