ImageImage

Sunday @ Staples Center vs LA Lakers (GT: 6:30PM Pacific)

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Re: Sunday @ Staples Center vs LA Lakers (GT: 6:30PM Pacific 

Post#101 » by Slava » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:38 am

That one stretch in NY he basically had shooters and one pick n roll big in Chandler, so the game was really simple for him. Now that he has to fit into an offense and another ball dominant ball handler, he's either having adjustment issues or just not ready for the level expected of him. If he can work on his outside shot a bit more he could be more effective in your team.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#102 » by Guy986 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:39 am

Yes its weird how Lin would penetrate deep under the hoop and then pick up his dribble and do a dead STOP next to the opposing team's big.

I scratch my head at those plays.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#103 » by inquisitive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:39 am

Zubby wrote:Lin has the speed and lift, do you not see how high he gets on defensive rebounds? He is so aggressive on those at times stealing them from Asik... Then on the offensive side he drives at will into the paint and does this stop and pop fade shot which is god awful and NEVER goes in...

That or he'll dribble off his foot or look for a bail out pass.

Why can't he just be as aggresive on offense as he is on the defensive glass

Thank god we traded Martin... could you imagine this team with Kevin Martin? :o

that is when he is on the move...i remember in NY when he stopped in the paint, he could turn around and shoot over the big guys. Now he doesn't get much of a lift or either he is just hesistant/lost or something...very strange.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#104 » by inquisitive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:40 am

Guy986 wrote:Yes its weird how Lin would penetrate deep under the hoop and then pick up his dribble and do a dead STOP next to the opposing team's big.

I scratch my head at those plays.

yeah..that is the other thing...he gets right up next to howard...hello!
thecircle
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#105 » by thecircle » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

Lin is playing so bad.... looks lost out there this season...
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#106 » by BaYBaller » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:57 am

SlavaMedvedenko wrote:That one stretch in NY he basically had shooters and one pick n roll big in Chandler, so the game was really simple for him. Now that he has to fit into an offense and another ball dominant ball handler, he's either having adjustment issues or just not ready for the level expected of him. If he can work on his outside shot a bit more he could be more effective in your team.

During Linsanity he actually had terrible shooters surrounding him. Think about it, he had Jared Jeffries, Bill Walker and Landry Fields as his "shooters" in the starting line-up. The main reason was Chandler who was very good at catching lobs which keeps the big more honest. Like 99% of his PnRs were with Chandler.

Here in HOU it's a bit different. Omer is not as big of a threat coming off a PnR (but much much better than I expected) but he's also running a portion of his PnRs with the PFs. It's the same thing you see with Aldridge, Gasol, Bosh, etc. They just make the play look good because they can hit that mid-range shot with way more consistency than PatPat can for instance.

I also don't think Lin was all that great of a finisher even during Linsanity, and something he definitely needs to work on more. What he WAS good at last year was drawing fouls at the rim, not necessarily scoring on the layup, and that's more a lack of aggressiveness than anything else. Last year he would often bulldoze his way in there with the obvious intention of drawing the foul. Nowadays he seems to be looking to pass first at all times, although I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing as so people have generally been stepping up and hitting the open shots.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

Post#107 » by Durant Durant » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:55 am

BaYBaller wrote:
SlavaMedvedenko wrote:That one stretch in NY he basically had shooters and one pick n roll big in Chandler, so the game was really simple for him. Now that he has to fit into an offense and another ball dominant ball handler, he's either having adjustment issues or just not ready for the level expected of him. If he can work on his outside shot a bit more he could be more effective in your team.

During Linsanity he actually had terrible shooters surrounding him. Think about it, he had Jared Jeffries, Bill Walker and Landry Fields as his "shooters" in the starting line-up. The main reason was Chandler who was very good at catching lobs which keeps the big more honest. Like 99% of his PnRs were with Chandler.

Here in HOU it's a bit different. Omer is not as big of a threat coming off a PnR (but much much better than I expected) but he's also running a portion of his PnRs with the PFs. It's the same thing you see with Aldridge, Gasol, Bosh, etc. They just make the play look good because they can hit that mid-range shot with way more consistency than PatPat can for instance.

I also don't think Lin was all that great of a finisher even during Linsanity, and something he definitely needs to work on more. What he WAS good at last year was drawing fouls at the rim, not necessarily scoring on the layup, and that's more a lack of aggressiveness than anything else. Last year he would often bulldoze his way in there with the obvious intention of drawing the foul. Nowadays he seems to be looking to pass first at all times, although I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing as so people have generally been stepping up and hitting the open shots.

Yeah Linsanity Offense was a PnR with Chandler who can recv a lob pass.

Josh Smith should be a priority before the deadline.
No no yes yes
Senior
And1: 51

Post#108 » by 000001 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:00 pm

Mr. E wrote:Great showing by Parsons. Good ball distribution by Lin. Loved to see that Terrence Jones got meaningful minutes.

Now for the Jazz tomorrow night!

:lol:

another sorry performance by lin 5 points 1 rebound and 3 to
fire morey please ,the sooner the better.....ryan Anderson is a 3 not a 4
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#109 » by inquisitive » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:12 pm

i'm hoping it is more of a mental block or something and not some physical ailment that he isn't talking about....or maybe he is still trying to figure out how to play with the guys...
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#110 » by rocketsballin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:03 pm

it has to be last seasons injury not 100% and trying to fit in with his new team, and maybe mentally not 100% ready. i didnt think he or harden would make a huge impact right away. harden did, but lin is gonna need time

Return to Houston Rockets