[Game 80] Pelicans @ Rockets - 4/12 Game Thread

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

TMACFORMVP
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 161

Re: [Game 80] Pelicans @ Rockets - 4/12 Game Thread 

Post#41 » by TMACFORMVP » Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:50 am

Big time plays by Bev/Lin. 15-0 run to end the game. Can't say it was all that great a game...it shouldn't have been that close, not by a longshot, but at least we won....I guess. We gotta play four quarters, our defensive intensity down the stretch was just flat out on another level from the first three quarters. Harden 33/13.
Young_Star11
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,767

Post#42 » by Young_Star11 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:44 am

Less than impressive but I think it was a case of NO playing hard and Houston not. But the better team finished how they should have started.
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#43 » by spolgar » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:51 am

I'm wondering aloud, staring at my laptop, how in the fscking fsck we won this game. They had us and those young bucks couldn't hold off our last run. Any western conference play off team would've put us away.

Anytime a point guard leads your team in rebounds, something is amiss. The Pelis lost 3/5 of their starting lineup. But I got to give credit to Rivers, that kids got heart. I think he's pretty weak as a 10th pick and there's no way he's going to be a consistent starter, but since he is so young, I think he can still improve. He'll make rotation somewhere if he continues to do so as a combo backup, especially as the league continues to get smaller.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#44 » by ChokeFasncists » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:53 am

Dang, we need to face these MFs again in two games, anyone reminded of the friggin Nuggets? Let's hope the Spurs completely rest their regulars and have this as starting lineup:

Baynes
Bonner
Daye
James
Joseph

That would be sweet. :lol: (but of course, it could be career high for one of them) :noway:

Anyways, ugly game but might be a confidence booster for BevLin. Daniels getting some burn, might come in handy in emergency.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.

Return to Houston Rockets