Around the nba- playoffs

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Re: Around the nba- playoffs 

Post#261 » by MKL » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:33 pm

texasholdem wrote:
MKL wrote:Only if you assume that McHale would properly develop Leonard. Morey still had a hardon for collecting PFs. Morey also got rid of Budinger.

Leonard would have sucked on the Rockets, in fact Morey wouldn't have even wanted him with Parsons. And then Harden happened.

You forget Rockets are not all that great recently at retaining and developing talent. Both Lowry and Dragic became better after leaving the Rockets. Patterson is playing better too.

Im not a big McHale fan but he has developed Parsons and Beverley. Neither had NBA experience prior to him.

How was Beverley developed? The media is hyping him I can understand, but all the stats shows a very mediocre PG.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#262 » by texasholdem » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:35 pm

MaxRider wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
MaxRider wrote:Leonard wasn't that good during his rookie season
it doesn't matter
he wasn't on Morey target anyway
because stupid Morey thinks Morris can play SF
i don't think Leonard can develop into the player he is today if he is on a different team

Leonard had a decent first year, much better than Mook's disaster of a rookie season.
He came in 4th in ROY voting and 3rd from the 2011 Class (Ricky Rubio was a rookie but drafted in 2009).

i guess i didn't make it clear
we had Budinger and Parsons at SF during that time
we know Parsons beat Budinger as the starter
do you think Leonard can beat Parsons and Budinger to get the playing time he had in San Antonio?

Leonard only avg 24 mpg his rookie year. Parsons got 28, Bud 22 that year. So yeah I think he could have beaten out Bud for his minutes.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#263 » by MaxRider » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:04 pm

texasholdem wrote:
MaxRider wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Leonard had a decent first year, much better than Mook's disaster of a rookie season.
He came in 4th in ROY voting and 3rd from the 2011 Class (Ricky Rubio was a rookie but drafted in 2009).

i guess i didn't make it clear
we had Budinger and Parsons at SF during that time
we know Parsons beat Budinger as the starter
do you think Leonard can beat Parsons and Budinger to get the playing time he had in San Antonio?

Leonard only avg 24 mpg his rookie year. Parsons got 28, Bud 22 that year. So yeah I think he could have beaten out Bud for his minutes.

okay great
make me hate Morey more for not drafting Leonard
:lol:
Lorenzomax7
Rookie
And1: 243

Post#264 » by Lorenzomax7 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:39 am

MKL wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
MKL wrote:Only if you assume that McHale would properly develop Leonard. Morey still had a hardon for collecting PFs. Morey also got rid of Budinger.

Leonard would have sucked on the Rockets, in fact Morey wouldn't have even wanted him with Parsons. And then Harden happened.

You forget Rockets are not all that great recently at retaining and developing talent. Both Lowry and Dragic became better after leaving the Rockets. Patterson is playing better too.

Im not a big McHale fan but he has developed Parsons and Beverley. Neither had NBA experience prior to him.

How was Beverley developed? The media is hyping him I can understand, but all the stats shows a very mediocre PG.

I think Bev is mediocre in a mediocre team, but special for contenders.
Watch NBA since 1998. Huge fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Spurs & Tim Duncan, Yao Ming & Linsanity, Brooklyn & Coney Island. Former Brooklyn Chinese resident.
Lorenzomax7
Rookie

Post#265 » by Lorenzomax7 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 am

texasholdem wrote:
Lorenzomax7 wrote:How about 29 pts and shutting down LBJ in the Finals?

Leonard worths 12 mil /yr (11 mil in Texas)
Parsons worths 8 mil /yr

That's just a fact.

where were you after game 2 when LeBron had 35 and Kawhi went 3 for 9?

That is your opinion, not "a fact".

How abt last year in the Finals? He was averaging 14.6 pts , 11.1 rebs and 2 stls while shooting over 51% on the court in 36.5 min. That's terrific for a 4th option player. And remember, he was only 21.

I do agree Leonard wouldn't be this good if he wasn't developed by the Spurs. But everybody should have noticed his great work ethic and better talent. A guy that can play both sides on the court in the Finals at that age?? That's really hard to find.
Watch NBA since 1998. Huge fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Spurs & Tim Duncan, Yao Ming & Linsanity, Brooklyn & Coney Island. Former Brooklyn Chinese resident.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#266 » by MKL » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:09 am

Lorenzomax7 wrote:
MKL wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

I think Bev is mediocre in a mediocre team, but special for contenders.

It's that "less is more" theory again. I can't counter that.

Just like I can't counter Rubio being an all-star if he played on the right team theory.

Seems like every player just need to be on the Miami Heat, to be the next Derek Fisher. But then Chalmer seem to suck.

Eye tests and all.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#267 » by MKL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:42 am

Leonard > Harden?
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#268 » by inquisitive » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:49 am

with the heat likely losing the finals....what are the chances the rockets can convince lebron to come to houston...we can give miami a very good defensive center that they've been lacking during their trio years...LOL...we can give them Lin as an expiring too...haha.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Lorenzomax7
Rookie

Post#269 » by Lorenzomax7 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:53 am

Nobody can play like a superstar every game as a 3rd/4th option of his team, but when you play like a superstar in 2 consecutive games in the Finals? You worth 12 mil /yr.

texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#270 » by texasholdem » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:27 am

Lorenzomax7 wrote:Nobody can play like a superstar every game as a 3rd/4th option of his team, but when you play like a superstar in 2 consecutive games in the Finals? You worth 12 mil /yr.

Danny Green did that last year. Is he worth 12 million? and I never said Kawhi wasn't worth that much just that I don't feel Parsons is worth that much less.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Lorenzomax7
Rookie

Post#271 » by Lorenzomax7 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:36 am

texasholdem wrote:
Lorenzomax7 wrote:Nobody can play like a superstar every game as a 3rd/4th option of his team, but when you play like a superstar in 2 consecutive games in the Finals? You worth 12 mil /yr.

Danny Green did that last year. Is he worth 12 million? and I never said Kawhi wasn't worth that much just that I don't feel Parsons is worth that much less.

I knew your gonna mention him. Danny wasn't playing like a core thou. He was just a hot-hand shooter. Stats don't show everything.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#272 » by MKL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:51 am

Leonard is 22 years old and can defend 3 positions. He guarded both Durant and Lebron in the playoffs, league MVPs.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#273 » by texasholdem » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:29 am

MKL wrote:Leonard is 22 years old and can defend 3 positions. He guarded both Durant and Lebron in the playoffs, league MVPs.

Alright you win, Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the history of the NBA. Better than Jordan. Better than Olajuwon. He deserves 20 million per year at the very least. KL is the GOAT.
Lorenzomax7
Rookie

Post#274 » by Lorenzomax7 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:37 am

oh you mad? :lol:

seewhy
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#275 » by seewhy » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:39 am

texasholdem wrote:
MKL wrote:Leonard is 22 years old and can defend 3 positions. He guarded both Durant and Lebron in the playoffs, league MVPs.

Alright you win, Kawhi Leonard is the best player in the history of the NBA. Better than Jordan. Better than Olajuwon. He deserves 20 million per year at the very least. KL is the GOAT.

Hey come on now, we don't need that kind of sarcasm haha.

IMHO, it's not 100% about how Leonard developed, yeah he did played well and developed into a good player, but it's also Spurs' system. In Spurs system, with their passing, sharing the ball, picking opponent's D apart, I think many solid players will look like GOAT in Spurs system. Remember big shot Horry?

That's the problem I have with the Rockets now. They don't have a system, they don't have plays revolving around a team, they don't put a team together for the long haul so players are comfortable and play together. It's not only the player development the Rockets lack, it's also the team development.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#276 » by ChokeFasncists » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:17 am

Lorenzomax7 wrote:Image

Epic play!
MKL wrote:Seems like every player just need to be on the Miami Heat, to be the next Derek Fisher. But then Chalmer seem to suck.

Eye tests and all.

Incredible how the CFasncists think Chalmers is better than Lin, SMH seriously......
Lorenzomax7 wrote:I think Bev is mediocre in a mediocre team, but special for contenders.

If he plays with a LeBron/Diaw/Manu/Divac he'd be special. If he's taller he could be Bowen special.
seewhy wrote:
IMHO, it's not 100% about how Leonard developed, yeah he did played well and developed into a good player, but it's also Spurs' system. In Spurs system, with their passing, sharing the ball, picking opponent's D apart, I think many solid players will look like GOAT in Spurs system. Remember big shot Horry?

That's the problem I have with the Rockets now. They don't have a system, they don't have plays revolving around a team, they don't put a team together for the long haul so players are comfortable and play together. It's not only the player development the Rockets lack, it's also the team development.

Right on! We are a shadow copy of the Spurs system. We want to move the ball but not very successful at it. We run a flowing offense but have no play calling. We can start two bigs but instead opted the easy way out. We can play D but coaches aren't making sure they do. What disappointment.

Look how the Spurs easily dismantled the Blazers who beat us. If we started the best five all year long IMO we would have a chance to play the Spurs tough. Oh well......
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#277 » by MKL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm high on Leonard because of his defense and he plays real defense, not that fake clapping arm flapping defense.

Leonard is a true 2 way player and he is improving.

Miami has a great system too, but Chalmers is regressing. He is playing dirty too, elbows and flops.

Rockets doesn't have a real system. Or their system is too simple, offense is to get in transition and attack early before defenses can get set. If that doesn't work go ISOHarden or post up Dwight. The problem is vs good opponents that hustle, Rockets end up having to ISO majority of the time.

The worst part of Rockets offense is when we lead going in the 4th, we are forced to slow down and no longer score quickly in transition and we're a much worse half court team.

Now, why can't McHale understand this?
Lorenzomax7
Rookie

Post#278 » by Lorenzomax7 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:55 pm

MKL wrote:I'm high on Leonard because of his defense and he plays real defense, not that fake clapping arm flapping defense.

Leonard is a true 2 way player and he is improving.

Miami has a great system too, but Chalmers is regressing. He is playing dirty too, elbows and flops.

Rockets doesn't have a real system. Or their system is too simple, offense is to get in transition and attack early before defenses can get set. If that doesn't work go ISOHarden or post up Dwight. The problem is vs good opponents that hustle, Rockets end up having to ISO majority of the time.

The worst part of Rockets offense is when we lead going in the 4th, we are forced to slow down and no longer score quickly in transition and we're a much worse half court team.

Now, why can't McHale understand this?

He only understands that he has to ride on some ppl's dicks to save his job.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#279 » by texasholdem » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Lorenzomax7 wrote:oh you mad? :lol:

Yeah I'm mad

I'm mad Morey passed on Kawhi for someone we gave up for a 2nd round pick.
I'm mad Duncan is going to have 5 rings vs Olajuwon's 2 and more people will think he's better than Dream.
I'm mad floppy mcflopperson is going to have 4 rings to go with his giant bald spot.
I'm mad the jerk fans of San Antonio with their busted ass arena will lord this over Houston fans.
I'm mad that both Dallas and San Antonio will have won titles this decade.
I'm mad that Gregg Popazit will win his 5th championship after snaking his way into the job.
and I'm mad at so called Rocket fans rooting for the Spurs just because they are in Texas
spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#280 » by spolgar » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:46 am

texasholdem wrote:Yeah I'm mad

I'm mad Morey passed on Kawhi for someone we gave up for a 2nd round pick.
I'm mad Duncan is going to have 5 rings vs Olajuwon's 2 and more people will think he's better than Dream.
I'm mad floppy mcflopperson is going to have 4 rings to go with his giant bald spot.
I'm mad the jerk fans of San Antonio with their busted ass arena will lord this over Houston fans.
I'm mad that both Dallas and San Antonio will have won titles this decade.
I'm mad that Gregg Popazit will win his 5th championship after snaking his way into the job.
and I'm mad at so called Rocket fans rooting for the Spurs just because they are in Texas

To be fair, so did 13 other teams in front of us. Steve Fisher was considered toxic, considering that he was ousted from Michigan with a lot of hoopla. He's considered a basketball pariah. There probably weren't many people who would take his phone call vouching for his prospect.

It's difficult to see how smaller conference schools match up against bigger schools, since you are trying to see if prospect's talents would translate to the NBA. Leonard had no outside shot, no left hand, was not a super astute passer, but he was a great defender, rebounder for his position. His offensive numbers were _terrible_, like a 0.9 PPS, his efg is around the 46%. On top of that, he's only got a 33 inch vert and he could only do about 3 reps of 185 on the bench. He did not wow anyone physically.

Draftexpress said that his best case was Shawn Marion, which looked like a real long shot at that point. I mean, Fisher couldn't get good guards on his teams, so there is something to be said about his inability to find transition points (something draft express also noted), but without watching a lot of tape, it was difficult to tell what he could do. At the 14th pick, Morey just wanted a contributer in rotation, someone whom Marcus Morris obviously was, so he went for the safer pick.

I'm okay with Ginobli having 4 rings. I mean, Mitch Richmond and Glen Rice both have rings, at least Manu did something for his rings and is more deserving of a championship than Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn.

I'm not sure how Greg snaked his way back into the job. I don't wish Bob Hill on any professional team. Sometimes the responsible thing to do is to boot an underling.

The Spurs will have to rebuild/reload some day, and that day is coming sooner rather than latter. We'll get ours soon enough.

Return to Houston Rockets