Moderators: ken6199, TMU

YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

The 2014 Offseason 

Post#1 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat May 3, 2014 5:35 am

Time to think to the future...

My thoughts:
- Perimeter D is a must (Is Ariza worth bringing back?)
- Need to get more consistent bench players
- Will we see SVG coach Dwight again?

What do you think?
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: The 2014 Offseason 

Post#2 » by texasholdem » Sat May 3, 2014 7:54 am

Trade Harden and Jones to OKC for Serge Ibaka and Reggie Jackson.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
90sAllDecade
Starter
And1: 793

Post#3 » by 90sAllDecade » Sat May 3, 2014 8:00 am

I already have a thread about my choices for a coach, but I definitely want to get Melo if possible. As for rotation players, if we don't get a third star I'd like a 3 and D point guard who can manage the game.

Our offense relies heavily on the three and needs a floor spacer for Howard and Harden on kick outs and for hockey assists. Lin and Bev have their strong suits, but neither hits the three like a sharpshooter we need for the playoffs. Also having a guy like that would help Bev in guarding super quick perimeter players.

Honestly I would take Courtney Lee or even Lowry back.

We also badly need a defensive stalwart at the PF position. There are too many star PF's in this league besides Aldridge that can torch us. Maybe T Jones can become stronger next year defensively? If not, we badly need to address it, especially if we lose Asik imo.
NBA TV Clutch City Documentary Trailer:
https://vimeo.com/134215151
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#4 » by 13th Man » Sat May 3, 2014 8:01 am

The Rockets have very good talent already.

- Coaching staff must change, we've been burnt by too many clueless situations.

- Now that we have Daniels and an emerging Covington, we may need to offload guys like Garcia, Casspi.

- I think the Rockets would be better without Lin and Asik but it will be difficult to trade them given their ballooning 3rd year so we''ll have to make them fit better into the system if they stay.

- We need another reliable PG, not sold on Canaan and it's a shame we got rid of AB.
tha_rock220
General Manager
And1: 564

Post#5 » by tha_rock220 » Sat May 3, 2014 8:28 am

I wonder if Gasol would be willing to come to Houston for the MLE.
Luv those Knicks wrote:you were right
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#6 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat May 3, 2014 8:42 am

tha_rock220 wrote:I wonder if Gasol would be willing to come to Houston for the MLE.

He'll go back to Memphis to play with his brother IMO
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#7 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat May 3, 2014 8:48 am

I'm gonna take a gamble and say Morey will use Asik and Lin to try and trade into the high to mid lottery!
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#8 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat May 3, 2014 11:08 am

YoungMoney23 wrote:I'm gonna take a gamble and say Morey will use Asik and Lin to try and trade into the high to mid lottery!

No way he takes a gamble and have to wait and see whether that pick develops during Dwight's prime. That is unless we let McHale pick of course, no need to wait for his previous pick Royce White to develop.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Durant Durant
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,094

The 2014 Offseason 

Post#9 » by Durant Durant » Sat May 3, 2014 11:15 am

Mchale and Harden have to go. Lin and Harden for Melo? George Karl?
No no yes yes
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#10 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat May 3, 2014 11:47 am

Melo needs space to work with, definitely no TT if Melo, that means Asik must be traded. Melo and Harden are both bad defenders that hawks the ball, definitely don't want them together, that means Harden must be traded. Melo was jealous of Lin, no Melo if Lin's still on the team, that means Lin must be traded. Melo is on the decline whereas Harden is going up, not very wise. I just don't see how it's gonna work, unless we want to be the Layden/Zeke Knicks 2.0, get Iverson, Starbury, Franchise, Jamal Crawford all on the same team.

If we trade Lin and Harden for Melo who is gonna play guards? Canaan and Daniels?
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
Senior
And1: 51

Post#11 » by 000001 » Sat May 3, 2014 12:34 pm

WE NEED A NEW COACH FOR SURE

WE STILL DONT HAVE A STARTING POWERFORWARD TJONES IS AN OK PLAYER BUT NOT STARTING 4 IN A CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL TEAM

THE SAME WITH BEVERLY NICE PLAYER WE MUST IMPROVE THE STARTING PG POSITION

IMPROVE OUR BENCH ,OUR BENCH SUCKS RIGHT NOW ,I DONT LIKE ANYBODY FROM OUR BENCH TO BE HONEST DMO,ASIK,LIN,CASSPI,GARCIA,AND THE OTHERS SUCK REALLY BAD TROY DANIELS IS A NICE STORY BUT I DONT EXPECT ALOT FROM A DLEAGUER

IF A TEAM OFFERS A GOOD PICK FOR PARSONS I THINK YOU DO IT, I LOVE PARSONS I LIKE HOW HE PLAYS AND EVERYTHING JUST DONT THINK HE IS WORTH A BIG CONTRACT

YOU CAN DO ALL THIS SO WE CAN GET TO THE NEXT LEVEL OR YOU CAN JUST DO THE HEAT WAY GO AFTER ANOTHER SUPERSTAR AND ..IS GAME ON

OH I FORGET LIN AND ASIK I THINK THEY HAVE MORE TRADE VALUE JUST BEFORE THE TRADE LINE ENDS , I HOPE NEXT YEAR WHEN IM WATCHING THE ROCKETS IN THE PLAYOFFS I DONT HAVE TO SEE NEITHER LIN OR ASIK ,,,MOREY IS STUPID FOR SIGNING THESE TWO

HARDEN AND HOWARD ARE A GREAT NUCLEUS JUST LIKE YAO AND TMC

MOREY WASTED YAO AND TMCS PRIME I HOPE HE DOES NOT WASTED HOWARD AND HARDEN PRIME ALSO
fire morey please ,the sooner the better.....ryan Anderson is a 3 not a 4
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#12 » by inquisitive » Sat May 3, 2014 4:19 pm

pj tucker and shawn marion are free agents this summer....more affordable than luol deng or trevor ariza....if you thought last summer's free agency was interesting for the rockets, just wait till this summer.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Post#13 » by inquisitive » Sat May 3, 2014 4:23 pm

13th Man wrote:The Rockets have very good talent already.

- Now that we have Daniels and an emerging Covington, we may need to offload guys like Garcia, Casspi.

- I think the Rockets would be better without Lin and Asik but it will be difficult to trade them given their ballooning 3rd year so we''ll have to make them fit better into the system if they stay.

- We need another reliable PG, not sold on Canaan and it's a shame we got rid of AB.

Shouldn't be hard trading Asik...Lin will be more difficult. The trade of AB turned out to be bad since we really never played Hammy in the playoffs. AB could've scored for us with the bad games that Lin and Bev had in game 4.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#14 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat May 3, 2014 4:27 pm

ChokeFasncists wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:I'm gonna take a gamble and say Morey will use Asik and Lin to try and trade into the high to mid lottery!

No way he takes a gamble and have to wait and see whether that pick develops during Dwight's prime. That is unless we let McHale pick of course, no need to wait for his previous pick Royce White to develop.

The idea would be to get a player ready to contribute from day 1 or possibly swing them for a bigger deal
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#15 » by cw3k » Sat May 3, 2014 5:28 pm

inquisitive wrote:

Shouldn't be hard trading Asik...Lin will be more difficult. The trade of AB turned out to be bad since we really never played Hammy in the playoffs. AB could've scored for us with the bad games that Lin and Bev had in game 4.

Moving either will be hard because of their contract, unless Morey put a lot of value into it. The other teams can just wait another season and pick them up for about the 8 to 10 millions.

If Morey keeps McHale, I hope not, then both Asik and Lin will leave after their contracts ended. They know what they can do but will be bench warmers under McHale. And also as scapegoats.

I have never see a coach as perfect as McHale. On losses, it is always other people's people. Just blame it on role players.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,775

Post#16 » by Rafael122 » Sat May 3, 2014 5:42 pm

Wizards fan here, so what would Morey send back in a potential sign and trade for Ariza?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Post#17 » by 13th Man » Sat May 3, 2014 6:00 pm

inquisitive wrote:

I think if the Rockets go for a 3rd star like Melo, obviously they'll obviously need to unload both Lin, Asik + more perhaps even Parsons. If not, I think a healthy and non-disgruntled Asik both could still be valuable as we've just seen in the playoffs. Lin could be a much better pg if he gets to play consistent 30 mins a game and not get jerked around.

My preference is that we keep the core guys that we have now, make proper adjustments with a new coach. Have Lin handle the ball a bit more, less minutes from the main guys; notably Harden, Parsons and Beverley 35 instead rather than 40. If Bev is still staring, split equal time between him and Lin as we've seen the last couple of games.
YoungMoney23
Starter

Post#18 » by YoungMoney23 » Sat May 3, 2014 6:58 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Wizards fan here, so what would Morey send back in a potential sign and trade for Ariza?

Nothing since he's an unrestricted free agent, could use Gortat too :)
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#19 » by MaxRider » Sat May 3, 2014 7:27 pm

perimeter defense is awful
haren always missed his assignment and let his man blow by him
lin always can't fight through screen and lost his man
same for beverley, he always go too aggressive and can easily lost his man
all these make the big man need to help out on d
and our pf is always slow to rotate back and gave up offensive rebound easily

biggest need is
1. improved perimeter defense
2. need more experienced pf

can haren and lin improved their d? i don't see much improvement after 1 year
can tjones or dmo learn? i don't know
i was hoping we can trade lin for hinrich and asik for millsap
then we lost our backup center

howard, haren, parsons, beverley, canaan, danields, covington will return next year
lin and asik may be traded
i'm not so sure about casspi, garcia, dmo, hamilton since they lost their playing time
tjones -- no idea how much he can improve, i like to trade him while his stock is high
need more experienced pf to start alongside howard
not sure how long will take tjones to turn into david west type player
cw3k
Bench Warmer
And1: 503

Post#20 » by cw3k » Sat May 3, 2014 8:29 pm

The biggest needs is a real coach. Keeping McHale will be another 50+ wins first round exit.

I do not see Asik or Lin get move because of their contracts. Unless Morey put them as a package and added value to it.

Person's contract situation has to resolve too. Keep him and pay him now or exercise the team option and may lose him next season

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Return to Houston Rockets