ImageImage

Chandler Parsons appreciation thread.

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

13th Man
General Manager
And1: 6,117

Re: Chandler Parsons appreciation thread. 

Post#41 » by 13th Man » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:14 am

I just think that if they weren't willing to match Parsons at any cost then they shouldn't have declined his option. It's like Morey took a gamble on him, Cuban called his bluff and Morey folded. Pretty disappointing considering Chandler was the longest standing Rocket...to be dealt away so easily wow...SMH. I'll bet that Parsons was disappointed as well, hence why he made the comments about being appreciated as a major player in Dallas.

Best of luck to Parsons, I'll always be a fan of his.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#42 » by Zubby » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:09 am

Goodluck Hollywood
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#43 » by texasholdem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:16 am

JetLife wrote:I feel like cavs fans when LeBron left. Although parsons didn't leave on his own terms it still feels he betrayed us.

I can't get those pictures of him and Cuban at the club out of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app

He met with the Rockets earlier that day to negotiate and they couldn't reach an agreement.
He didn't have to do that. He could have just said "don't match me" like Eric Gordon told New Orleans.(who should have listened)

I'm sure it wasn't his idea to go to a club to sign it. That's totally a Cuban thing. Besides, when Jerseygate was going on last week people were saying "it's just a picture, it's not that big a deal" but when it's this picture it's a big deal for some reason.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#44 » by jwise44 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:23 am

Anyone read that parsons thing about him feeling disrespected?

We let that dude get paid a year early and he feels disrespected?

He was my favorite player but really? Good luck in Dallas parsons

Luckily i have Daniels and Johnson as 2 new underdogs to root for
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by texasholdem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:47 am

jwise44 wrote:We let that dude get paid a year early and he feels disrespected?

You really think Morey did that out of the goodness of his heart? Morey did it to make him a trade-able asset for Love or Rondo or Aldridge next summer or during the season. His value as an upcoming UFA wouldn't be as much as if he were under a contract.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#46 » by jwise44 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:15 am

texasholdem wrote:

You really think Morey did that out of the goodness of his heart? Morey did it to make him a trade-able asset for Love or Rondo or Aldridge next summer or during the season. His value as an upcoming UFA wouldn't be as much as if he were under a contract.

Let me be mad!!!
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by texasholdem » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:22 am

jwise44 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

Let me be mad!!!

Okay!!! sorry!!!
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#48 » by MKL » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:34 am

Parsons drama! gift that keeps on giving.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
Senior
And1: 51

Post#49 » by 000001 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:39 pm

texasholdem wrote:Les is a lying cheapskate. Bet he didn't want to go over the tax threshold ($76 million)

matching parsons offer sheet was not a smart desicion, like i said before we can not have 24m at the sf position and neither parsons or ariza are allstars

is good we did not match

the mistake was made before by morey by not picking parsons option for the 14-15 season

we should have parsons right now for less than a million // sucks really bad but we need to move on ...

we have so many holes is crazy...

pg beverly/ below avergae
sg harden all star
sf ariza solid veteran
pf tjones below average not a starting pf
c howard all star

bench is just trash ..

i think morey should try to improve the bench first instead of trying to get another star
fire morey please ,the sooner the better.....ryan Anderson is a 3 not a 4
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#50 » by moofs » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:40 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/new-maveri ... 11610.html

Parsons wrote:They [Mavericks] really showed how much they cared for me," Parsons said. "They didn't want me to wait for Bosh. They didn't want me to wait for 'Melo. They came forward first."

Chandler, Chandler, Chandler.

Of COURSE they didn't want you to wait on Bosh or Anthony. Why would they need those guys on their team? Why would they want you to wait on anyone? They had no shot at anyone else and you improved their roster, talentwise. C'mon man, they had 37 year old Vince Carter and Jae "Meh." Crowder.

Meanwhile, in order to improve, the Rockets needed to add a reliable, very good contributor at PF, then sign you to a reasonable contract. They couldn't sign you to a reasonable contract and then improve, simply because the cap doesn't allow it.

The alternatives were either to hope that Jones turns into an all-star who can contribute against starters and with defenses keyed to him what he has been able to contribute against bench players and lower-grade starters, or to hope that at age 25-26 (when players typically peak) you could make a massive jump in productivity. Quite honestly, the better odds are with Jones at this point.

It's a shame that you were offended by it, but reality is reality, and Cuban played you against us. Like a harp. Good for you getting the payday though, you earned it.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#51 » by spaceballer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:41 am

Maybe these pictures will take the sting out of the Cuban nightclub signing pictures

He won't have to prostitute his body for cash anymore. Now he can just do it for fun. He deserves his payday.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#52 » by moofs » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:01 pm

spaceballer wrote:He won't have to prostitute his body for cash anymore. Now he can just do it for fun. He deserves his payday.

BAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
+1000

Imagine his business cards:
Chandler Parsons
Male Prostitute, Ball Bouncer, Esq.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by texasholdem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:09 pm

He can afford to buy a shirt and eat a sandwich now.
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#54 » by Zubby » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:53 pm

You guys remember last year when Parsons didn't make the cut for Team USA and he said he deserved a spot he should of been there... or on the Jim Rome show when he said
Parsons plans on pursuing his other business interests outside of basketball and has admittedly thought about what it would be like to play in a bigger market than Houston.
“When you look at my style, and how I live every single day, it’s very different than the NBA. I definitely do want to explore those options and I think I’d be good at those kinds of things,” said the forward. “But right now, I’m all basketball. I want to win championships, I want to be an All-Star and I’d love to do that in Houston. With that other things come, but I’m definitely interested in doing those other things.”

Same interview where he talks about loving LA and getting to hang with friends like Jim. Jim responds something like "What are you talking about this is the 1st time we've met. Ok lets move on now" oh Chan Chan you will be missed, even though now it seems he regularly opens his mouth only for douchey things to come out...

Spoiler:

lol... :(

Chan Chan was turning into a major douche...
but he was our douche damnit. Let this be a lesson Morey, the one time you don't treat a player like an asset and this happens.

Good thing I never got that #25, would have to bury it deep in the closet, memories too painful. The worst part is I won't watch him a now that he is a **** Mav. I hope he continues to do well.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by texasholdem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:47 pm

Zubby wrote:
Good thing I never got that #25, would have to bury it deep in the closet, memories too painful. The worst part is I won't watch him a now that he is a **** Mav. I hope he continues to do well.

I had to order the custom made 25 shirt with his name on it since they didn't have them pre-made yet at the time. Also bought a Lin jersey and 3 different Lin t shirts. :(
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by texasholdem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:54 pm

Zubby wrote:
Spoiler:

While that gif looks bad, let's not forget he shaved his head for a young Houston boy with cancer. He sent a limo for a fan who asked him to her prom. He gave an autograph to the lady who hit his car. He frequently said how much he loves being in Houston. He stood up for Troy Daniels when Mo Williams was messing with him. If that's an athlete being a douche then we need more of them in pro sports.
baki
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#57 » by baki » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Man the haters at Houston are really something else :lol:

texasholdem wrote:
Zubby wrote:
Spoiler:

While that gif looks bad, let's not forget he shaved his head for a young Houston boy with cancer. He sent a limo for a fan who asked him to her prom. He gave an autograph to the lady who hit his car. He frequently said how much he loves being in Houston. He stood up for Troy Daniels when Mo Williams was messing with him. If that's an athlete being a douche then we need more of them in pro sports.

Parsons is a good person, but even if you had to bleed for Houston it will never be good enough for them or some of the fans. If there's no loyalty from them then Parsons can sign up to whatever the heck he wants to for his career, just like anybody else.
* Since 1985, Jeremy Lin became one of 15 players to have scored at least 20 points, seven assists and a steal for six games in a row, including 136 points in 5 starts beating out Iverson, Jordan and O'Neal :D
zapatasblood
General Manager
And1: 580

Post#58 » by zapatasblood » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:48 am

jwise44 wrote:Anyone read that parsons thing about him feeling disrespected?

We let that dude get paid a year early and he feels disrespected?

He was my favorite player but really? Good luck in Dallas parsons

Luckily i have Daniels and Johnson as 2 new underdogs to root for

He filling disrespect is legit. They did not think he was not the third star, which he isn't IMO, and looked over him to try and bring someone else but he is think bro that third star is me. He also praised Morey and others and gave them thanks but his hurt feeling are legit.
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#59 » by MKL » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:31 am

It's business until it's not.
NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
HisClutchness
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#60 » by HisClutchness » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:10 pm

Thank you for helping us get Dwight Howard, best of luck in Dallas.

Return to Houston Rockets