Post#21 » by zapatasblood » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Not saying it will but it has to serve some purposes
Light beer is for pregnant woman and children
"How sweet it is!" -Gene Peterson
And you never once paid for drugs Not once
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Re: The Omer Asik appreciation thread 

Post#22 » by moofs » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 pm

zapatasblood wrote:Not saying it will but it has to serve some purposes

No, it does.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
baki
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#23 » by baki » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Absolutely, it saves me having to listen to Moofs "Lakers have no talent on their team", "Lin can't go left", "Linsanity was a fluke" and so on. Never stopped ever since I signed up on RealGM.
* Since 1985, Jeremy Lin became one of 15 players to have scored at least 20 points, seven assists and a steal for six games in a row, including 136 points in 5 starts beating out Iverson, Jordan and O'Neal :D
moofs
General Manager
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#24 » by moofs » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:11 pm

baki wrote:

Absolutely, it saves me having to listen to Moofs "Lakers have no talent on their team", "Lin can't go left", "Linsanity was a fluke" and so on. Never stopped ever since I signed up on RealGM.

Yeah, cause I'm an blithering idiot and I also totally said all those things and I absolutely LOVE having words put in my mouth like that.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sit on a street corner and drool into a pan.
It's a hobby. Gotta put my total lack of gray matter to work somehow.

Hey, as a side note, I'm REALLY looking forward to your complete departure, as opposed to just not having to see what you write.
Do feel free to hurry. No need to take your time. There's an ENTIRE other city out there that you can frustrate and insult. Just imagine the possibilities!
Morey 2020.

spolgar
Bench Warmer
And1: 104

Post#25 » by spolgar » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:08 am

moofs wrote:
Yeah, cause I'm an blithering idiot and I also totally said all those things and I absolutely LOVE having words put in my mouth like that.
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go sit on a street corner and drool into a pan.
It's a hobby. Gotta put my total lack of gray matter to work somehow.

Hey, as a side note, I'm REALLY looking forward to your complete departure, as opposed to just not having to see what you write.
Do feel free to hurry. No need to take your time. There's an ENTIRE other city out there that you can frustrate and insult. Just imagine the possibilities!

Omer was a good worker, a guy who figured out how to unstone his hands when he was 25, learned some post moves and became a good player. He's the only big fella who will look to play a PnR with Lin the second Lin calls for a horn set. I will miss that guy.

Moofs, Compucomp is a foe. KillaBeez is a foe. Baki has been a foe for like a year. I think I added him there after he refuted something I wrote by saying he has been watching the game for 20 plus years. I've seethed less on this forum since.
kinein
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#26 » by kinein » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:28 am

Omer was a badass, it would have been nice to see Omer and D12 play together like the Admiral and Duncan but that wasn't 2 be.
moofs
General Manager

Post#27 » by moofs » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:59 pm

spolgar wrote:Compucomp is a foe. KillaBeez is a foe.

Ah, I'd forgotten about those two fine characters.
Morey 2020.

baki
Sixth Man
And1: 756

Post#28 » by baki » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:29 am

kinein wrote:Omer was a badass, it would have been nice to see Omer and D12 play together like the Admiral and Duncan but that wasn't 2 be.

It would be nice, but which one of them plays like Admiral and which one is Duncan? :lol: :lol: :lol:
* Since 1985, Jeremy Lin became one of 15 players to have scored at least 20 points, seven assists and a steal for six games in a row, including 136 points in 5 starts beating out Iverson, Jordan and O'Neal :D
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#29 » by inquisitive » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Omer and Davis is a scary combo....they just need to stay healthy though ...the entire team really..
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#30 » by spaceballer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:00 pm

I loved that he proved hack-an-Asik wouldn't work on him during the playoffs when they kept trying to foul him.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#31 » by Freefloater » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:05 pm

good buy butterfingers!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
panarama
Sixth Man
And1: 59

Post#32 » by panarama » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Probably, Asik was the most under appreciated and mis used players next to Lin while they were here due to heavy emphasis on utilizing/grooming our pretty one dimensional max players from the management tho I don't doubt our max players have a potential to become multifaceted players in near future eps. Harden.
Asik and Lin didn't get to see much action on the floor however their services will be greatly missed at least this coming season.

As what Mr. E has always been saying "Throw it down big fella!".
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#33 » by Mr. E » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:13 pm

This one is the tough one for me. Omer Asik was my favorite Rocket for the past two seasons.

One last time...

THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN (But not against Houston)!!!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Rockets