Moderators: ken6199, TMU

texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Re: Howard - "Loss of players won't affect us at all" 

Post#41 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:53 am

BaYBaller wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
BaYBaller wrote:Nelson is terrible and would be a terrible fit here. He shot <40% for 2 seasons in a row! I want no part of that. I'd rather roll the dice on the youngsters.

Beverley's 41% isn't really that much better.

1) I would say 2% is is pretty significant, actually. Someone improves 2% in a year on FG%, people would say that player improved a lot. But that's semantics.
2) Bev getting paid less than a mil a year, Nelson got 3m/yr
3) Bev is a better rebounder
4) And oh yeah, Bev is one of the best defensive PGs in the league
5) Nelson isn't going to get any time at SG because he's too small, so very limited minutes

Yes 41% is better than 39% but what I meant was neither are adequate for a starting PG.
I'm fine with not signing Nelson. I just am not sure a PG rotation of Bev, NickJ and Canaan is going to cut it.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#42 » by BaYBaller » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:03 am

You're not really going to get much more production from an impact/salary perspective than Bev (not including superstars of course), and low salary PGs is basically where we are gonna be unless we get Rondo or something.

Besides I think the hole at PF/back-up C is much bigger. Who knows what's going to happen there.

Although now that I think about it something like a D12/Millsap/Ariza/Harden/Rondo line-up would be pretty damn killer.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:25 am

BaYBaller wrote:Besides I think the hole at PF/back-up C is much bigger. Who knows what's going to happen there.

You know Morey is just going to bring back 40 year old Marcus Camby.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#44 » by moofs » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:58 pm

BaYBaller wrote:You're not really going to get much more production from an impact/salary perspective than Bev (not including superstars of course), and low salary PGs is basically where we are gonna be unless we get Rondo or something.

Besides I think the hole at PF/back-up C is much bigger. Who knows what's going to happen there.

Although now that I think about it something like a D12/Millsap/Ariza/Harden/Rondo line-up would be pretty damn killer.

I just noticed the other day, for as many posts as we both have, we have some really crappy "Top +1" counts :)
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
MKL
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#45 » by MKL » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:33 pm

I had to post this, thought it was funny. :lol:

NBA fan for over 30 years. Please don't get rustled, live in peace.
BaYBaller
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#46 » by BaYBaller » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 pm

moofs wrote:
BaYBaller wrote:You're not really going to get much more production from an impact/salary perspective than Bev (not including superstars of course), and low salary PGs is basically where we are gonna be unless we get Rondo or something.

I just noticed the other day, for as many posts as we both have, we have some really crappy "Top +1" counts :)

Well a lot of the old vets on these boards like us started posting here way before there was a +1 counter.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#47 » by inquisitive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:00 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/492375144024010752[/tweet]
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#48 » by rocketsballin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:03 am

MKL wrote:I had to post this, thought it was funny. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#49 » by inquisitive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:08 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/492450028817227777[/tweet]
rocketsballin
RealGM

Post#50 » by rocketsballin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:14 am

James Harden wrote:Me and Dwight, we the HNIC's of this team. Errybody else is just a bitch.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#51 » by MKL » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:51 am

Ok, to be perfectly fair. How come mods threw down law on people trolling the Heat?

Both Reddit and Realgm did this, they specifically made a post to go hard on anyone making fun of the Heat.

Maybe HOU fans should ask for this special treatment.

But then HOU players made this situation worse via all the twittering. oh F...
rocketsballin
RealGM

Post#52 » by rocketsballin » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:12 am

once the miami cheat, now the cleveland cheat. 3 first overall picks in 4 years, 2 other first round picks who panned out into good role players. the best player int he league. 3 of the best pure shooters joined them, one of them being a hof'er. now kevin love demanding to go there. does it get any easier then that?
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by texasholdem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:47 am

inquisitive wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/492450028817227777[/tweet]

What did Harden do to Mo Williams when he was all up in Troy Daniels face? Nothing. Some leader.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#54 » by inquisitive » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:54 pm

texasholdem wrote:
inquisitive wrote:[tweet]https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/492450028817227777[/tweet]

What did Harden do to Mo Williams when he was all up in Troy Daniels face? Nothing. Some leader.

Watch the video again....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYMnKYZXGjM[/youtube]
spaceballer
Head Coach
And1: 2,707

Post#55 » by spaceballer » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:04 pm

rocketsballin wrote:once the miami cheat, now the cleveland cheat. 3 first overall picks in 4 years, 2 other first round picks who panned out into good role players. the best player int he league. 3 of the best pure shooters joined them, one of them being a hof'er. now kevin love demanding to go there. does it get any easier then that?

Sure, it does. They're not saddled with the unnecessary obstacle of McHale :lol:
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by texasholdem » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:13 pm

inquisitive wrote:
Watch the video again....

You''re right. I had forgotten that.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#57 » by inquisitive » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:22 am

Rockets are shaping up to be one of the better defensive teams this year...the one obvious problem i see is 3pt shooting with bev and johnson while i have higher hopes for canaan shooting better more consistently...we will see inconsistency there quite a bit.
MKL
Sixth Man

Post#58 » by MKL » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:38 am

inquisitive wrote:Rockets are shaping up to be one of the better defensive teams this year...the one obvious problem i see is 3pt shooting with bev and johnson while i have higher hopes for canaan shooting better more consistently...we will see inconsistency there quite a bit.

Harden's lack of defensive effort not obvious? I hear there is youtube video on this.

Agree with Beverley 3pt %. But that goes more on Harden as well, Beverley doesn't try too much creating for himself.

As for Canaan and Nick Johnson, I would like to wait and see them in preseason first before I weigh in on their potential contributions.

I worry about the lack of a secondary playmaker.

Harden want to put pressure on himself as the cornerstone and that's fine. He now has to live up to his own hype. Team can't afford to hide him on defense in the playoffs. Now he's gained that bad rep, other team will ISO on him.
inquisitive
RealGM

Post#59 » by inquisitive » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:38 pm

MKL wrote:
inquisitive wrote:Rockets are shaping up to be one of the better defensive teams this year...the one obvious problem i see is 3pt shooting with bev and johnson while i have higher hopes for canaan shooting better more consistently...we will see inconsistency there quite a bit.

Harden's lack of defensive effort not obvious? I hear there is youtube video on this.

Agree with Beverley 3pt %. But that goes more on Harden as well, Beverley doesn't try too much creating for himself.

As for Canaan and Nick Johnson, I would like to wait and see them in preseason first before I weigh in on their potential contributions.

I worry about the lack of a secondary playmaker.

Harden want to put pressure on himself as the cornerstone and that's fine. He now has to live up to his own hype. Team can't afford to hide him on defense in the playoffs. Now he's gained that bad rep, other team will ISO on him.

he is working on it from what i've been told....at least the effort... maxrider shouldn't call him haren anymore.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#60 » by Mr. E » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:28 pm

inquisitive wrote:he is working on it from what i've been told....at least the effort... maxrider shouldn't call him haren anymore.

Around here we all know that Max is always gonna Max.

If Harden can win him over and earn that missing letter in his name then I will be impressed! :lol:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Rockets