ImageImage

Realistic Trade/FA Targets

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Realistic Trade/FA Targets 

Post#661 » by Mr. E » Sat Jul 4, 2015 11:35 pm

inquisitive wrote:
Mr. E wrote:I've always wondered about that guy when I see his name. Does the guy have some background with professional basketball, or is he just one super keyed-in fan?

he knows the CBA financial structure, terms, agreements, etc...or whatever you call it...he is a transactional lawyer(deals with contracts) as his job in the private sector....knows about contracts and numbers inside out. a rockets fan and also resident amateur "capologist" on clutchfans

He's floating around the possibility of the Rockets participating in a sign & trade that would see Lin return to Houston.

I could actually see that happening.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,153

Post#662 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 12:26 am

Ugh, please no.

I mean, as much as I'd love to see baki and his fellow cult members return to our board for entertainment purposes, and as much as I like Lin as a person and all, he's...well, not a very good player.

If we're going to go that route let's just bring AB back(so we can crush his soul by trading him once again, of course).
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#663 » by RightToCensor » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:18 am

I'm looking at Mo Williams and Aaron Brooks as our last chance backup PGs for next season if we can't trade for Ty Lawson.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#664 » by psimanic1 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 1:54 pm

Would you guys give Jones, Dekker and 2016 1st for Lawson?
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#665 » by RightToCensor » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:10 pm

psimanic1 wrote:Would you guys give Jones, Dekker and 2016 1st for Lawson?

Oh hell yeah

Lawson | Beverley
Harden | Johnson
Ariza | Brewer
Motiejunas | Smoove
Howard | Capela | Dorsey
psimanic1
Starter

Post#666 » by psimanic1 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:14 pm

I proposed that trade on Nuggets forum(psd), and they said you guys wouldn't do it.. There would have to be few more players i guess because of salarys and stuff, but i'm sure Denver would accept that trade.
We get a guy Gallo could teach for a season or more if he stays, we get young PF that could turn into starter if we trade Faried, or goot 6th man if we get top pick next year, and we get one more first in next years draft to work with.
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#667 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:24 pm

psimanic1 wrote:Would you guys give Jones, Dekker and 2016 1st for Lawson?

Rockets aren't giving up Dekker.
psimanic1
Starter

Post#668 » by psimanic1 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:27 pm

So, Rockets want starting PG in return(Lowry, Lawson...) but they wont give Dekker, they wont give Capela or what his name is, and they wont give DMo?
I'm sure everyone is just waiting for you guys to give them a call on Brewer, Jones for Lawson/Lowry/... swap, oh fk, you are not giving Brewer either, probably?
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#669 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 2:32 pm

psimanic1 wrote:So, Rockets want starting PG in return(Lowry, Lawson...) but they wont give Dekker, they wont give Capela or what his name is, and they wont give DMo?
I'm sure everyone is just waiting for you guys to give them a call on Brewer, Jones for Lawson/Lowry/... swap, oh fk, you are not giving Brewer either, probably?

I think they'd give up Motie, Johnson, Papa and a 1st.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pknfyrz
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#670 » by MaxRider » Sun Jul 5, 2015 3:31 pm

texasholdem wrote:How do you blowout your opponent when your superstar guard isn't even allowed to shoot because they keep hacking your big men?

nobody will use hack-a strategy in first quarter
you blow them out in first quarter
your defense is so good opponent can't score
i guess this only happened in nba 2k with your slider are all 100 and opponent are all 0
:lol:
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#671 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:30 pm

Lawson/Beverley/Terry
Harden/Brewer/Mcdaniels
Ariza/Dekker
Smith/Jones/Harrell
Howard/Capela

Look to add Durant
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#672 » by texasholdem » Sun Jul 5, 2015 6:42 pm

Stuckey stays in Indiana.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#673 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 2:22 am

Reggie Jackson signed... Jennings to Houston?

He is a lefty
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,843

Post#674 » by inquisitive » Mon Jul 6, 2015 4:17 am

Lou Williams and Corey Joseph(i thought Rockets had a good chance of getting him...oh well) are now off the table....maybe it will be Aaron Brooks AGAIN! or Brandon Jennings on the cheap!
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#675 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:22 am

inquisitive wrote:Lou Williams and Corey Joseph(i thought Rockets had a good chance of getting him...oh well) are now off the table....maybe it will be Aaron Brooks AGAIN! or Brandon Jennings on the cheap!

Jennings isn't a free agent. What are you willing to give up to get him and will Detroit bite. Also wondering what his relationship with Josh Smith was while they were both there.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#676 » by MaxRider » Mon Jul 6, 2015 5:27 am

looks like we will have to get our new starting PG through trade
don't expect anything until season start
most likely MLE will be use to sign McDaniels and Harrell (Morey likes to use part of MLE to sign 2nd rounder to 1st rounder like contract)
jetlife_
Junior
And1: 170

Post#677 » by jetlife_ » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:12 am

psimanic1 wrote:So, Rockets want starting PG in return(Lowry, Lawson...) but they wont give Dekker, they wont give Capela or what his name is, and they wont give DMo?

Didn't Lawson publicly say he was going to Sacramento? And hasn't he been trade bait for a while?

Yet he hasn't moved.

Either you can blame Houston and every other team for not giving up enough... or you can accept that your team has no leverage and is trying to get too much.

Two former and one future 1st rounder (one of whom is already a very solid, young rotational player) for a player who the team is trying to get rid of? No thanks.

Lowry is another guy who's value is low, considering he played like trash throughout the end of last season and the playoffs.

Morey is a buy low, sell high kind of GM. He's not likely to trade that many assets for two players who are in bad team situations and have low value.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#678 » by texasholdem » Mon Jul 6, 2015 7:40 am

We can't trade Brewer right now even if we wanted to. Papanik has value either as a young SF or as a non guaranteed $4.5m contract that can be cut to create cap space. Not saying he's enough to land Lowry or Lawson but Rockets also have rights to Llull to trade and Jones does have value. Raptors especially need power forward help after losing Amir Johnson.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#679 » by Nebula1 » Mon Jul 6, 2015 12:58 pm

jetlife_ wrote:

Didn't Lawson publicly say he was going to Sacramento? And hasn't he been trade bait for a while?

Yet he hasn't moved.

Either you can blame Houston and every other team for not giving up enough... or you can accept that your team has no leverage and is trying to get too much.

Two former and one future 1st rounder (one of whom is already a very solid, young rotational player) for a player who the team is trying to get rid of? No thanks.

Lowry is another guy who's value is low, considering he played like trash throughout the end of last season and the playoffs.

Morey is a buy low, sell high kind of GM. He's not likely to trade that many assets for two players who are in bad team situations and have low value.

Kings signed Rondo so Denver is probably trying to get the best package they can.

I'm sure Houston has offers out on a couple different players.
MaxRider
RealGM

Post#680 » by MaxRider » Mon Jul 6, 2015 1:35 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
jetlife_ wrote:

Yet he hasn't moved.

Kings signed Rondo so Denver is probably trying to get the best package they can.

I'm sure Houston has offers out on a couple different players.

i'm sure Denver wants Capela and Morey say NO

Return to Houston Rockets