bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Terrence Jones vs Donatas Motiejanus 

Post#1 » by bigmean » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:32 am

Who has more trade value?

Who has more upside?

Who is better?

trying to build a Houston theme traded, and I had questions about these two guys? Even after reading scouting reports and going through there stats?
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Re: Terrence Jones vs Donatas Motiejanus 

Post#2 » by rocketsballin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:40 am

that depends on how fooled other teams are about jones. in reality dmo is the better overall player on both offense and defense. underrated defender. but jones has been the starter for two years and dmo just had a breakout year but got injured at the end. hopefully teams are big on jones so we can package him in a trade. thats what im hopin for
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#3 » by texasholdem » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:53 am

The thing about D-Mo is we haven't seen what he can do in the playoffs yet.
Series vs OKC - zero minutes
Series vs POR - five minutes
Series vs DAL/LAC/GSW - zero minutes (inj)

T-Jones definitely has more trade value at the moment so that's who I think we should move between the two.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
rocketsballin
RealGM
And1: 354

Post#4 » by rocketsballin » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:23 am

oh yeah dmo had surgery so his trade value is crap, so jones it is.

if you are not biased against dmo, you'd know the reason he sucked at the end of his season is cuz he was lying about his back injury. that and being forced to play center, which probably the reason for the injury. he's got enough strength to defend 4s but not 5s.
he's also the best post player on the team. jones has no post game. all he has on dmo is athleticism and experience
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#5 » by Freefloater » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:42 am

Do we really need to trade one of them though? id like to keep them both...fine players.. i expect tjones to make another step this season... and dmo is a diamond... just hope this injury dont prevent his stellar rise
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#6 » by inquisitive » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:40 pm

dmo is the better player right now...no doubt....we don't know in the long run if he is better though....jones is a decent player....like many have said when u come off back surgery, the trade value is not good.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#7 » by Nebula1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:38 pm

I disagree with those quick to say Motiejunas is the better player. Since they've both been in Houston, Jones has consistently won the starting job and has kept it until Josh Smith took it.

Motiejunas definitely has some talent and has the ability to back the 5 (which Jones cannot) but I think Jones is actually the superior defender. Both are average. Jones is the better rebounder. Neither have shown consistency from 3 but both can shoot it. Jones is much better in the open floor, but Motiejunas is much better with his back to the basket.

If you could combine the two guys, you'd really have something.

If one guy is traded, it's likely a result of macro team design, not to clear the way for either player.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by texasholdem » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:44 pm

If there is a trade that means Josh Smith will be back. If he's not coming back then neither will be traded.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
pr0wler
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,253

Post#9 » by pr0wler » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:37 am

D-Mo brings more unique skill sets to the table, such as being the best post-up player in the entire league, and a solid 3-point shooter. He can also be a backup 5 if needed. Jones is a solid player as well, but nothing about him stands out as exceptional he's more of a nice rotational player and that's it.
Senior
And1: 51

Post#10 » by 000001 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:27 pm

both are very inconsistent yes they still young

i want more

we need lamarcus aldridge :evil:
fire morey please ,the sooner the better.....ryan Anderson is a 3 not a 4
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Post#11 » by scrabbarista » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:59 am

I wasn't particularly high on either in their first two seasons, but this season D-Mo showed things I wasn't expecting in his offensive development. He's the better player and prospect, imo. As far as trade value, that depends on other teams, and I have no idea who is more valued across the league right now.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#12 » by deeps6x » Thu Jul 2, 2015 2:59 am

texasholdem wrote:If there is a trade that means Josh Smith will be back. If he's not coming back then neither will be traded.

Do you want Josh Smith back?
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by texasholdem » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:06 am

deeps6x wrote:
texasholdem wrote:If there is a trade that means Josh Smith will be back. If he's not coming back then neither will be traded.

Do you want Josh Smith back?

depends on the contract i guess
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#14 » by MaxRider » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:25 pm

bigmean wrote:Who has more trade value?

Who has more upside?

Who is better?

trying to build a Houston theme traded, and I had questions about these two guys? Even after reading scouting reports and going through there stats?

both trade value is about the same IMO
both can shoot from 3 but low percentage
TJones can put the ball on the floor and play like SF
DMo can post up (predictable move)
both show flashes they can be starter in this league
both have injury history
back is more serious IMO

i think DMo has more upside
big man who can score is rare in this league

if I have to pick who is better
i'll pick DMo
biggest problem i have with TJone is if he isn't involve in offensive play (very likely because he's like the 3rd/4th option)
he will disappeared from both offense and defense (he will missed easy layup and missed defensive assignment)
Lorenzomax7
Rookie
And1: 243

Post#15 » by Lorenzomax7 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 1:13 pm

DMo is clearly a better shooter. Keep DMo.
Watch NBA since 1998. Huge fan of A.C. Fiorentina, Spurs & Tim Duncan, Yao Ming & Linsanity, Brooklyn & Coney Island. Former Brooklyn Chinese resident.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#16 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 10:56 pm

Any way Orlando could nab Jones from you?
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:02 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:Any way Orlando could nab Jones from you?

Don't you want to give Aaron Gordon a chance? He was the 4th overall pick.
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#18 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:12 pm

texasholdem wrote:

Definitely, but he's not ready to start at PF yet. In fact, still trying to determine if his best position is SF or PF.

Personally, I'd take Jones at PF and let Gordon/Hezonja handle SF duties. Not a big fan of Harris. yeah, he's young and talented, but sometimes a player just doesn't fit with what you're cooking.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by texasholdem » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:34 pm

Nyce_1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

Definitely, but he's not ready to start at PF yet. In fact, still trying to determine if his best position is SF or PF.

Personally, I'd take Jones at PF and let Gordon/Hezonja handle SF duties. Not a big fan of Harris. yeah, he's young and talented, but sometimes a player just doesn't fit with what you're cooking.

Assuming no Oladipo, Payton, Vucevic, Gordon or Hezonja...Jones for a 100% unprotected first rounder?
Nyce_1
RealGM

Post#20 » by Nyce_1 » Fri Jul 3, 2015 11:40 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Nyce_1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

Assuming no Oladipo, Payton, Vucevic, Gordon or Hezonja...Jones for a 100% unprotected first rounder?

Our GM isn't dumb enough to make that deal. Jones is a nyce player but with some serious injury history. I could see 2017 top 10 protected? Truthfully, I suck at establishing trade value on draft picks. If you're asking price is a unprotected #1, think that's too rich for us.

Return to Houston Rockets