ImageImage

NBA Offseason 2015 Edition

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Nebula1
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: NBA Offseason 2015 Edition 

Post#201 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:12 pm

MaxRider wrote:those team are losing money because they signed players to massive contracts
who to blame? players sucking? or stupid front office making the decision?
sometime it is the stupid owner try to get too involve in decision making
some GM don't even know how to do the job
i'm sure some GM don't know wtf they are doing
they just go to draftexpress and look oh XXXX is the guy we draft in the mock draft let's pick him

Stupid management obviously. They just negotiated a CBA and should have been able to manage it.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#202 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:17 pm

It Is I Folks wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:I'd still give Lawson a shot. No pun intended.

Hellz yea! Still better than anything we have. Was Ron Artest worst and we still got him?
With his trade value plummeting, I would love the Rockets to jump on this ASAP! I'd do something like TJones, Nick J and Pap for Ty Lawson and Danilo Galinari.
PG- Lawson/Beverley/Terry
SG- Harden/Brewer/Terry
SF- Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
PF- Moti/Galinari
C- Dwight/Capela
(Rotation depends on JSmoove)
But I like that rotation.

Getting Lawson on the ultra-cheap is absolutely something I'd do. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery and he'd be worth a shot.

Josh Smith is a solid example.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#203 » by MaxRider » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:46 pm

i don't mind lawson if he come in cheap
i don't want to give up too many for upgrading pg position and then we leave a big hole in pf or c again
texasholdem
Lead Assistant
And1: 404

Post#204 » by texasholdem » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
It Is I Folks wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:I'd still give Lawson a shot. No pun intended.

Hellz yea! Still better than anything we have. Was Ron Artest worst and we still got him?
With his trade value plummeting, I would love the Rockets to jump on this ASAP! I'd do something like TJones, Nick J and Pap for Ty Lawson and Danilo Galinari.
PG- Lawson/Beverley/Terry
SG- Harden/Brewer/Terry
SF- Ariza/Brewer/Dekker
PF- Moti/Galinari
C- Dwight/Capela
(Rotation depends on JSmoove)
But I like that rotation.

Getting Lawson on the ultra-cheap is absolutely something I'd do. Sometimes guys need a change of scenery and he'd be worth a shot.

Josh Smith is a solid example.

Horrible comparison. Smith was never arrested for dui or domestic violence. Lawson being in Denver has nothing to do with his off court shenanigans.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#205 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:13 pm

texasholdem wrote:Horrible comparison. Smith was never arrested for dui or domestic violence. Lawson being in Denver has nothing to do with his off court shenanigans.

Smith was an on-court risk, Lawson would be an off-court risk. Both were/are risks and both are very cheap.

You don't know the reasons for Lawson's behavior and I'm more than willing to give a guy a second chance, especially at that price.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#206 » by texasholdem » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:41 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:Horrible comparison. Smith was never arrested for dui or domestic violence. Lawson being in Denver has nothing to do with his off court shenanigans.

Smith was an on-court risk, Lawson would be an off-court risk. Both were/are risks and both are very cheap.

You don't know the reasons for Lawson's behavior and I'm more than willing to give a guy a second chance, especially at that price.

He's had a second chance and blew it.
Harden is still a work-in-progress. He can score, but he can't help his teammate that much - Yao Ming
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#207 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:00 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

You're very judgmental. Perhaps this is the catalyst for change for him and moving to Houston would allow him clarity to find his direction.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#208 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

You're very judgmental. Perhaps this is the catalyst for change for him and moving to Houston would allow him clarity to find his direction.

A move to another team could be what the doctor ordered. Also with that in mind, somebody either needs to talk to Lawson about hiring a driver to take him to and from or have him go to AA to address his issues. His pattern of alcoholism is beginning to reach critical levels after his latest back to back arrests. The last thing he needs to do is contribute to getting himself or someone else hurt or let alone contribute to deadly circumstances where alcohol is involved.
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#209 » by Nebula1 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:17 pm

SD2042 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

A move to another team could be what the doctor ordered. Also with that in mind, somebody either needs to talk to Lawson about hiring a driver to take him to and from or have him go to AA to address his issues. His pattern of alcoholism is beginning to reach critical levels after his latest back to back arrests. The last thing he needs to do is contribute to getting himself or someone else hurt or let alone contribute to deadly circumstances where alcohol is involved.

Agreed entirely. I certainly don't condone the behavior but I also don't give up on the human being.

Clearly he needs some help and in return, he can help Houston win another championship.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#210 » by SD2042 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

Agreed entirely. I certainly don't condone the behavior but I also don't give up on the human being.

Clearly he needs some help and in return, he can help Houston win another championship.

Definitely get the part about not giving up on another human being. Sometimes in life we can get lost in our own indulgences to where we don't realize that we could be making some mistakes, even crucial ones. Sometimes you have to fight, have some patience, and hope the person(s) in question can realize the errors they committed and learn from their mistakes to where they do their best to not commit them anymore.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#211 » by texasholdem » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

We don't need the potential distraction. The franchise needs to learn lessons of the past mistakes in John Lucas, Lewis Lloyd and Mitchell Wiggins.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#212 » by moofs » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:38 pm

Nebula1 wrote:
MaxRider wrote:those team are losing money because they signed players to massive contracts
they just go to draftexpress and look oh XXXX is the guy we draft in the mock draft let's pick him

Stupid management obviously. They just negotiated a CBA and should have been able to manage it.

Not even. They're just playing a game.
It's a total lie.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
jetlife_
Junior
And1: 170

Post#213 » by jetlife_ » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:58 am

moofs wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

It's a total lie.

Has it even been a year since the sale of the Clippers sent the value of NBA franchises up by hundreds of millions each?

Do they think we all forgot about that? :roll:

They want to not only double their initial investment, they want the investment to pay out dividends along the way.

Not to go off topic, but it's a perfect microcosm of how the American economy works. A bunch of businessmen who can never make enough money and will say and do anything to get more and more of the pie.

We're starting to see Filipino and Indian players make the league... maybe they're trying to outsource the labor :lol:
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#214 » by inquisitive » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:26 pm

KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#215 » by moofs » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:28 pm

jetlife_ wrote:
moofs wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

It's a total lie.

Has it even been a year since the sale of the Clippers sent the value of NBA franchises up by hundreds of millions each?

Do they think we all forgot about that? :roll:

They want to not only double their initial investment, they want the investment to pay out dividends along the way.

Not to go off topic, but it's a perfect microcosm of how the American economy works. A bunch of businessmen who can never make enough money and will say and do anything to get more and more of the pie.

We're starting to see Filipino and Indian players make the league... maybe they're trying to outsource the labor :lol:

Yeah, but the businessmen running the NBA are also salesmen.

See: Car Sales.

If there's one thing you can learn from watching these guys, it's that they WILL say ANYTHING to increase the sale/production value of their assets.
It makes total sense. Value is subjective. Food has more value to a starving man than someone who is well-fed and just ate. Cars have more value to commuters than to Amish. Etc.
The job of salesmen is to increase the perceived value of their product. They're basically the oil in charge of making the machinery of trade work better.

And now, enjoy:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk[/youtube]
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#216 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 am

John Jenkins is a nice pick up for Dallas.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#217 » by jwise44 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:54 pm

Woke up earlier to my dads text saying that rockets legend Chuck Hayes is signing with the us again :D :D :D

One of my favorite rockets of all time still...I am never taking his autographed picture down from my wall

I know he's finished and yall want Alan Williams, but we finally have our leader that can be an amazing locker room guy and teach the guys some things

Between him and terry we have emotional and locker room leaders

And I just miss the chuck wagon in red :D
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#218 » by jwise44 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:58 pm

texasholdem wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:

We don't need the potential distraction. The franchise needs to learn lessons of the past mistakes in John Lucas, Lewis Lloyd and Mitchell Wiggins.

John Lucas has completely turned his life around and you should acknowledge that

Lawson will be working with the Houston based Lucas who has turned around the lives of many athletes that I'm sure we don't even know about

I've seen addiction in someone close to me and I've seen that person and others succeed in recovery. Hopefully he takes this seriously and changes his life around here

It's worth a shot
Nebula1
RealGM

Post#219 » by Nebula1 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:02 pm

jwise44 wrote:Woke up earlier to my dads text saying that rockets legend Chuck Hayes is signing with the us again :D :D :D

One of my favorite rockets of all time still...I am never taking his autographed picture down from my wall

I know he's finished and yall want Alan Williams, but we finally have our leader that can be an amazing locker room guy and teach the guys some things

Between him and terry we have emotional and locker room leaders

And I just miss the chuck wagon in red :D

I figured you'd be excited about the move. I like it as well. Both Hayes and Terry will be solid locker room additions.
texasholdem
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by texasholdem » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:24 pm

jwise44 wrote:
texasholdem wrote:
Nebula1 wrote:

John Lucas has completely turned his life around and you should acknowledge that

Lawson will be working with the Houston based Lucas who has turned around the lives of many athletes that I'm sure we don't even know about

I've seen addiction in someone close to me and I've seen that person and others succeed in recovery. Hopefully he takes this seriously and changes his life around here

It's worth a shot

Lucas was waived by the Rockets in March 1986, Two months later the Rockets reached the Finals without him. He was averaging 15.5 points and 8.8 assists per game when he got waived because of his drug problem. It's possible his habit cost the Rockets their first championship. That's great that he's a different person now but you have to acknowledge that he hurt this franchise.

Return to Houston Rockets