ImageImage

Should Motiejunas play for the 2016 Olympic team?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Should Donatas Motiejunas play in the 2016 Olympic Games?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:21 pm

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 15

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Should Motiejunas play for the 2016 Olympic team? 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Tue Jun 7, 2016 3:21 pm

Same question for Motie! He also has a history playing for his National team. The Lithuanians are always very competitive and he could play a big role for them. It could be good for him to get back into the best of playing shape.

On the other hand, does he want to run the risk of re-aggravating any old injuries? Should he be focusing more on being fully ready for the next NBA season rather than playing for his National team?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: Should Motiejunas play for the 2016 Olympic team? 

Post#2 » by K_chile22 » Tue Jun 7, 2016 3:37 pm

Did they get an invitation to the Olympics?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Tue Jun 7, 2016 3:56 pm

K_chile22 wrote:Did they get an invitation to the Olympics?

Yes, after a top two finish in 2015 EuroBasket.
- Winston Churchill
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#4 » by MaxRider » Tue Jun 7, 2016 4:09 pm

i think he should
he needs playing time on the court to get his feel back
Zubby
General Manager
And1: 835

Post#5 » by Zubby » Tue Jun 7, 2016 10:13 pm

Definitely play. This isn't like Yao situation where he played heavy minutes during the season. Dmo still had quite a bit of rust so he needs the PT and shining on such a stage would be good for him.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Mr. E » Wed Jun 8, 2016 5:22 pm

Zubby wrote:Definitely play. This isn't like Yao situation where he played heavy minutes during the season. Dmo still had quite a bit of rust so he needs the PT and shining on such a stage would be good for him.

Good point about the Yao minutes.

I don't even know what Lithuania's lineup will look like for the Olympics. Perhaps Motie would not even play a lot of minutes.
- Winston Churchill
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#7 » by K_chile22 » Wed Jun 8, 2016 10:56 pm

Mr. E wrote:
Zubby wrote:Definitely play. This isn't like Yao situation where he played heavy minutes during the season. Dmo still had quite a bit of rust so he needs the PT and shining on such a stage would be good for him.

I don't even know what Lithuania's lineup will look like for the Olympics. Perhaps Motie would not even play a lot of minutes.

I feel like he would, he and Val are the only NBA players on that team right?

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Mr. E » Wed Jun 8, 2016 11:25 pm

K_chile22 wrote:
Mr. E wrote:

I feel like he would, he and Val are the only NBA players on that team right?

Go ahead and add Domatas Sabonis to the list as he'll be drafted into the NBA soon. They also have Jonas Maciulis who was a key player for them in EuroBasket 2015. The rest of the team basically plays together year round, so they have great chemistry.
- Winston Churchill
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#9 » by inquisitive » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:43 pm

yes he should. this gets him back to playing shape and develop new skills or moves that he plans to work on.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Mr. E » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:39 pm

From 3 days ago:

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/268600/motiejunas-has-little-chances-of-playing-in-rio

Donatas Motiejunas would like to play in the Rio Olympics, but his back issues may keep him out of the Lithuanian national team, as also his negotiations for a new contract.

As he said to 15min.lt: “My desire to play the Lithuanian national team is huge and participation in the Olympics is a dream. But I have to admit that the hopes of playing with the national team are not high. It is totally unclear how long time will be needed in orger to get a new contract. My back is not 100% recovered. The doctors are saying that it is necessary to strengthen it and work according to specific exercises. I am still hoping that maybe somehow everything will work out, but actually I am aware that the current circumstances may not allow me to play with the national team”.
- Winston Churchill
sv-x-as
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,074

Post#11 » by sv-x-as » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:35 pm

Mr. E wrote:From 3 days ago:

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/268600/motiejunas-has-little-chances-of-playing-in-rio

Donatas Motiejunas would like to play in the Rio Olympics, but his back issues may keep him out of the Lithuanian national team, as also his negotiations for a new contract.

As he said to 15min.lt: “My desire to play the Lithuanian national team is huge and participation in the Olympics is a dream. But I have to admit that the hopes of playing with the national team are not high. It is totally unclear how long time will be needed in orger to get a new contract. My back is not 100% recovered. The doctors are saying that it is necessary to strengthen it and work according to specific exercises. I am still hoping that maybe somehow everything will work out, but actually I am aware that the current circumstances may not allow me to play with the national team”.

strange never read anything similar in 15min.lt , will try to find the article again.
sv-x-as
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,074

Post#12 » by sv-x-as » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:43 pm

sv-x-as wrote:
Mr. E wrote:From 3 days ago:

strange never read anything similar in 15min.lt , will try to find the article again.

ok I found the article again. http://www.15min.lt/24sek/naujiena/lietuva/donatas-motiejunas-priverstas-atsisakyti-svajones-lietuvos-rinktineje-nezais-875-644153

Its strange because in the article he sais just:

"My desire to play the Lithuanian national team is huge and participation in the Olympics is a dream. But I have to admit that the hopes of playing with the national team are not high. It is totally unclear how long time will be needed in orger to get a new contract."

...no mention of his back. So I dont know what kind of bs eurohoops is making up here. In his other interviews he mentioned that he worked out for 5 weeks in Vancouver and that his back , midle area and legs are getting stronger every day. In no interviews I've read this summer he said anything about his back being not 100%.
OrlandoHouston
Sophomore
And1: 230

Post#13 » by OrlandoHouston » Sat Jul 2, 2016 10:22 pm

Lol this thread is so selfish. He should play if he wants to.

Return to Houston Rockets