ImageImage

A trade with the Bulls for Beverly - what would it take?

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,803

A trade with the Bulls for Beverly - what would it take? 

Post#1 » by kulaz3000 » Tue Jan 3, 2017 10:55 pm

Straight off the bat, I'm a Bulls fan obviously and as Rockets fans may or may not know, our roster is currently a massive cluster-f***. With Rondo currently benched most likely until he is traded, I'm personally looking to add players who can fit short term and also long term.

With Rondo, Wade and Butler, one of the biggest issues was that there were too many players that needed the ball in their hands to be effective, with Rondo now out of the picture, I envision Beverly being a much better fit. A player who doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective even as a point guard, someone who can shoot the 3 point shot at a decent clip, and someone who can play the other side of the court well even if he doesn't have it going on the offensive end.

So what would it take for the Bulls to acquire someone like Beverly? Obviously he isn't a starter anymore, but doesn't mean he isn't important to the team, but at the same time, I could see some players on the Bulls that could help the Rockets this season as well.
Why so serious?
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: A trade with the Bulls for Beverly - what would it take? 

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Tue Jan 3, 2017 11:07 pm

Beverley is a starter, and he is very important to the Rockets. I do not think that you are going to like the answers that you get here if you are hoping to get him on the cheap. You are basically asking the Rockets to unnecessarily gut their roster by removing a key player who is vitally important to the team for...what exactly?

But even if you are prepared to cough up some assets, the Rockets are rolling because of the team chemistry, and this team is leaps and bounds better with Beverley in the mix. I don't see the Rockets moving a guy who is one of their starters, one of the key defensive players and a perfect off-guard for James Harden's show.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#3 » by K_chile22 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 3:33 am

He is a starter and vastly important to the team. They have the 6th defense in the NBA since his return iirc. He also is huge for the minutes without Harden on the floor. He's also loved in that locker room. Beverley would cost more than he's worth to get him out of Houston.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#4 » by jwise44 » Wed Jan 4, 2017 5:23 am

Every chicago fans first born, 8 billion dollars, a French Bulldog for all the rockets fans on realgm (so they realize how awesome they are) and jimmy butler

Really feels like he's the heart and soul of our team at times with the difference in our team since he came back (even when he's out and just on the bench) I feel he's almost untouchable for us

I don't want to trade anyone on our team at this moment except end of bench guys because our team has amazing chemistry
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#5 » by moofs » Fri Jan 6, 2017 2:36 am

Bev/Brew/KJ for Butler.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6752818

Not that I'm advocating this, per se, but that's about what it'd take.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,603

Post#6 » by scrabbarista » Fri Jan 6, 2017 6:47 pm

Rockets are I think 8-7 without Beverley and 20-2 with him. (I might be off by one game there.) I don't think we'd be moving him to the Bulls in a trade that doesn't include Butler.
moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Post#7 » by moofs » Fri Jan 6, 2017 8:26 pm

^ My point exactly. I don't think Brewer/Bev is fair return on Butler by any stretch of the imagination. Probably some draft picks would be needed as well.

However, I don't know that Butler is an improvement on our team dynamics. He's not the 3P shooter Bev is. I don't know how he guards PGs when Harden needs a break. Are there enough shots to go around? Etc, etc.
It'd be nice to have another 6'6" wing who can ball handle, for sure, and he's a good defender overall, so ...?

While that'd be my asking price, I don't think either side would be advised in making that trade.
Morey 2020.

Q:How are they experts when they're always wrong?
A:Ask a stock market analyst or your financial advisor

Return to Houston Rockets