ImageImage

The Rockets struggles

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

The Rockets struggles 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Sat Feb 4, 2017 4:08 am

I am not going to go all chicken little, especially not after a win; but the Rockets need to break out of this funk! The team we have seen in the latter part of January is not the team which started the season. The guys look tired, and the schedule has been brutal; but they just seemed to have been missing something else.

Not calling for a panic trade, and I am keeping in mind that despite the Rockets recent struggles they still have one of the best records in the NBA. But still, something seems to be going on.

The Rockets are about to get three days off for the first time in a while. I'm hoping that it was just the tough schedule that was starting to wear them down and now things may settle down a bit. I believe that they will not play another back-to-back game for a few weeks.

I am sure that there are those out there who have rejoiced in the Rockets recent struggles; but again - one of the best records in the NBA and things look a bit smoother in the near future.

Go Rockets!
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,842

Re: The Rockets struggles 

Post#2 » by inquisitive » Sun Feb 5, 2017 8:48 pm

They need another rim protector bad....if they really have to go out and defend the perimeter against the better shooting teams, this leaves them to layup drills by the opposing teams...need a rim protector like larry sanders...hopefully morey at least gives him a tryout.

If they can get Larry Sanders and trade for Wilson Chandler(brew, kj, and 1st rd pick), this team will be in very good position to make the finals.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#3 » by TMU » Mon Feb 6, 2017 1:19 am

Comes down to the basics really. We have been outrebounded by an average of 9 rebounds (that's significant) in the games that we've lost since the beginning of January, allowing plenty of 2nd chance opportunities for the opponents.

I think we knew that the Rockets were an injury away to being mediocre. I think the Rockets could use another forward who could provide scoring as well as rim protection. Someone like Ersan Ilyasova would fit perfectly with what MDA is trying to accomplish.

Capela and Nene also need more consistent minutes depending on the matchup. When Nene returns, I would really cut back on Harrell's minutes because he's just not a good rebounder.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#4 » by K_chile22 » Tue Feb 7, 2017 7:01 am

I'd like to see them after a few days off, like tomorrow before I worry. That first half up to February was rough, travel wise. Tired legs are likely the reason their rebounding (were top 10 in both Def and off rebounding rate before January) and poor shooting.

Return to Houston Rockets