ImageImage

Uncofirmed! Panathinaikos offered Scola 3/26mil euro.

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

moofs
General Manager
And1: 537
Location: "if the warriors win the title this season ill tattoo their logo in my di ck" -- 000001

Re: Uncofirmed! Panathinaikos offered Scola 3/26mil euro. 

Post#61 » by moofs » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:17 pm

Lakers_4_Life wrote:IF IF IF IF IF IF IF you are NOT 6-10 and neither is Scola and neither can Scola do what you are just stating here. Fotsis is a lob dunk machine, Scola is a layup machine and even misses many of those. I love Scola, but his greatness is because of his will and his desire, it has nothing to do with ability. Fotsis is by far the more talented PF. It isn't even close.

Scola. Does not. Miss. A. Lot. Of. Layups.

BLOODY HELL I hate this notion! How did it get started? I want to know this. It's so completely wrong it hurts.

If you check NBA hotspots, Scola shoots 57% in the innermost area. Chuck Hayes shoots 55.2%. Dwight Howard shoots 64.6%.. Mike Harris shoots 69.4%. Marcus Camby (53.5%), Tim Duncan (58.5%).

You want someone that misses a lot of layups? Try McGrady (50.5%). When you're finished with him, you can shudder at Francis (40.9%). You know who else is a dunk machine? Adonal Foyle! Why? CAUSE HE CAN'T SHOOT. For all that Scola's top-of-key jumpshot is criticised, he shot 62-140 from there last year, out of 670 total attempts. That's 44.3% and a number that is easily lived with. 414 of his shots were in the paint where he shoots so well. What do I care if a fifth of his shots came from his aforementioned jumper? They were consistent enough you can't just sag all the time, and scarce enough to not hurt us. And again, McGrady shot .2% better than Scola from that same area, but took a LOT more shots. If you look at his chart (or watch a game), he's almost exclusively a jump shooter now.

Scola doesn't finish as high as some guys (there were a few I saw in the 70's - notably King Barry at 76.2%), but by no means is he bad. You can't fault the guy for the TYPE of shots he misses, ALL that's important are his percentages. Period. That's the most you can ask.
Lakers_4_Life
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Uncofirmed! Panathinaikos offered Scola 3/26mil euro. 

Post#62 » by Lakers_4_Life » Fri Aug 1, 2008 4:32 am

jove9 wrote:Well then by both of our logic Tim Thomas and Walt Williams are more skilled than Scola.

Who knew?

(Actually, it makes sense. Thomas and Williams were praised in their early years for their versatility. Scola is known for his fundamentals and hustle.)

If Fotsis even remotely had a game that resembled Williams or Thomas you might have some kind of point. His game however is nothing even remotely similar to either of them.
KB #24 = NBA's #1
Lakers Fan 4 Life

Return to Houston Rockets