ImageImageImageImage

Turkey Time! Houston at Lions

Moderator: theBigLip

Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Turkey Time! Houston at Lions 

Post#1 » by Icness » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:50 pm

Real tough draw for the Lions in the league-leading Texans. Vegas agrees, making the visitors a 3.5 point favorite.

Backus appears to be out, meaning Riley Reiff gets the start at left tackle.

Titus Young has been suspended by the team for a week, and there are growing whispers we have seen the last of Titus Young in a Lions uniform. Ryan Broyles and Mike Thomas will pick up the slack, but expect more of Pettigrew and Scheffler on the field together. Scheffler is actually the tipping point on Young because Young lined up wrong on a play and blamed Scheffler, which led to the tiff on the sidelines between Shawn Jefferson and Scott Linehan. Apparently they were both arguing the same side of the discussion; it was more of a case of Jefferson telling Linehan "told you so".
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Re: Turkey Time! Houston at Lions 

Post#2 » by ajaX82 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Why is Titus suspended exactly? I think he has a ton of talent, but his attitude definitely leaves something to be desired. Not that WRs are ever divas or anything....
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Post#3 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Do you guys think we could get any sort of value for young? any team willing to take a chance on him?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#4 » by ajaX82 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Offensively this is a tough one. Houston will bring the heat from those OLBs and JJ Watt will have his way. Stafford's mechanics are still a mess in my opinion, and with a rookie LT, yikes! Running game will probably be non-existent. Megatron should be able to keep beasting and I'm hoping this is the breakout game for Ryan Broyles, who should get a prominent slot role. Given how quick Stafford might have to be getting rid of it, Broyles should be in for a bunch of catches underneath. Our best chance is to just air it out all day; go hurry-up and throw the ball all over the field.

Defensively will also be trouble. Few corners can hang with Andre Johnson and we don't have anyone capable of that. They'll probably get our secondary to bite on some PAs and hit us deep with AJ or Daniels leaking out. I feel pretty okay about keeping Foster to a manageable day, but he will still probably get his 100 and a score. I would love to see Fairley keep up what he has been doing, the D-line to constantly pressure Schaub and not get beat on some big plays.

We definitely have a chance, but this could get ugly, especially if Stafford pulls his usual first quarter routine
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#5 » by theagent » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:22 pm

Kid Rock is a joke
luckeestarter
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by luckeestarter » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 am

hi new guy here, just browsing around looking for forums to be a part of. I figured i'd make my first post here in the Lions department since not many other Detroit sports are going on right now although i'm a fan of all area sports. I think i see this place hasn't had much activity after this tough loss on thanksgiving, man that really was a tough one. I'm usually pretty optimistic as a person but even I was kind of deflated by that one. But seriously what is with the Lions this year, I can't seem to put my finger on it and I have been reading through most of the pages here and really agree with a lot of insightful things that are said but i cant help but feel like we are just missing something big and i'm just not sure what it is. I mean we seem to have good coaches and players and make lots of plays yet we are still looking well short of the playoffs and i'm just not understanding why that is. Does anybody have any ideas on what the Lions can do to still make it or to make it next year?
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#7 » by Icness » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:01 am

theagent wrote:Kid Rock is a joke

I liked his hat 8-)

I wrote a summary of the game here:
http://www.detroitlionsdraft.com/2012/1 ... ng-fiasco/

Very frustrated at Schwartz blowing it, KVB blowing it, Hanson blowing it, Pettigrew blowing it. But nothing grates me harder than how none of the 7 officials on the field saw Justin Forsett get tackled. Friggin' inconceivable.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blkbrd671 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:18 pm

^i couldn't understand it either, its not like one of those plays where it was a maybe. it was clearly a tackle. i didn't understand the ruling either. how does it make sense in era of football where "getting the call right" is priority to not review a touchdown because a coach challenged a play in which he had a valid point. i also don't understand how a coach can't keep his sh* together and know not to throw that flag.

a couple notes that i saw from the game

We scored early and impressively. Our run game looked solid or decent and stafford was making some nice throws. he's also looking a little more comfortable out the pocket which is something he needs to get used too. Stafford still struggles being accurate with the deep ball, something that so frustrating. he would have at least 5-6 more td if he could only hit the open receivers.

Player standouts

Defense

Fairley continues to impress , good game by him, hopefully Suh can figure sh* out. That kick was definitely intentional, however at least he sold it. Our secondary continues to struggle, we need to get key 3rd down stops.

Offense

Ryan Broyles is a beast. i didn't quite like that pick at the time, but watching him school the texans secondary was fun to watch. on more than one occasion he broke the corner down. Stafford just failed to capitalize. i hope that this means that young is expendable and use him to pick up an extra pick.

Leshoure and Bell also deserve mention. Both had nice games.
luckeestarter
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#9 » by luckeestarter » Sun Dec 2, 2012 9:39 pm

ok well im leaving, this place is boring and not one of you cares what i have to say just cause i'm new. i'll go away now, thanks anyhow, and not sure why some of you always have a comment to say but won't give little old me a chance. have fun
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#10 » by Blkbrd671 » Sun Dec 2, 2012 11:02 pm

luckeestarter wrote:ok well im leaving, this place is boring and not one of you cares what i have to say just cause i'm new. i'll go away now, thanks anyhow, and not sure why some of you always have a comment to say but won't give little old me a chance. have fun

:lol:

Your waaaay to sensitive to make here on real gm. For the record i was excited to have another poster on the Lions board, i didn't realize i had to cuddle and kiss them to get them to stay. Enjoy your new board where ever it is

Return to Detroit Lions