WR Mike Wallace
RB Adrian Peterson
WR Marques Colston
DT Vince Wilfork
WR Percy HArvin
SS Troy Palomalu(34)
RB Marshaun Lynch

Notable FA:

DE Jason Pierre Paul---------------(if we don't sign Suh , i'd looke to sign him immediately)

OG Mike Iupati
WR Randal Cobb
LB Justin Houston
WR Dez Bryant

RB
Justin Forsett
Frank Gore
Mark Ingram
Ryan Matthews
Demarco Murray
CJ Spiller

I would target
Brandon Carr
Ngata
Hali

of the FA Iupati, ingram, forsett i'd target.

AP is the only RB i'd sign, as RB's typically decline pretty fast but AP would add a ridiculous dimension to our team

I don't believe for one second AP's going anywhere.

Draft:
1st: Best available: DT or CB
2nd:Best of whatever we didn't draft in the 1st round (DT or CB)
3rd: RB
4th: Best availble OL or SS
5th: DT
6th:QB,WR
7th: OL

I hope that Couplin III resigns with us
Blkbrd671
RealGM
And1: 4,819

Re: Plans for Lions in 2015 

Post#2 » by Blkbrd671 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:02 am

Black Lavender
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by Black Lavender » Mon Feb 9, 2015 1:34 am

It's hard to predict anything that will happen until the Suh situation is resolved. I can't make heads or tails of what is going to happen there. The Lions say they are confident they will get a deal done (which they have to) but the Suh camp is completely silent. Rumors are starting to come out that he wants to play for the Seahawks and this he put his house for sale in Michigan. If it becomes a bidding war where a team like the Raiders offers 20M/yr I hope we allow him to walk and use the money they would have spent on him to fill other holes on the roster.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#4 » by Icness » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Black Lavender is right, nothing is able to be seen until Suh is resolved. I've maintained all along Suh will be back, and nothing has changed. He'll get franchise tagged if it comes to that. Bigger question to me is what happens with Rashean Mathis.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Black Lavender
Ballboy

Post#5 » by Black Lavender » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:04 pm

Icness wrote:Black Lavender is right, nothing is able to be seen until Suh is resolved. I've maintained all along Suh will be back, and nothing has changed. He'll get franchise tagged if it comes to that. Bigger question to me is what happens with Rashean Mathis.

Do you think someone will offer something to Mathis that the Lions won't be able to match? 34 year old corners, even rejuvenated ones, aren't in that high of demand. I think the Lions will be able to bring him back without it being too painful.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#6 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:20 am

Icness wrote:Black Lavender is right, nothing is able to be seen until Suh is resolved. I've maintained all along Suh will be back, and nothing has changed. He'll get franchise tagged if it comes to that. Bigger question to me is what happens with Rashean Mathis.

Even if SUH is back, Fairley can't be counted on to stay healthy. We'll need a DT regardless?????

Mathis

Mathis i think should be back, as he provides leadership and is a mentor to our young DB's, however i do think we should draft a back up plan if someone falls in the event he is injured. Rookie DB's struggle anyways, if there's anything i think we've learned, is you can't have 2 many db's.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#7 » by Icness » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:

Even if SUH is back, Fairley can't be counted on to stay healthy. We'll need a DT regardless?????

Mathis

Mathis i think should be back, as he provides leadership and is a mentor to our young DB's, however i do think we should draft a back up plan if someone falls in the event he is injured. Rookie DB's struggle anyways, if there's anything i think we've learned, is you can't have 2 many db's.

Fairley will not be back. Someone else will overpay for him.

Mathis is a tough call. He's going to be 35 but he can still play. I know the team wants him back but they're not going to offer a lot. I'm hopeful he's back. I know Teryl Austin wants him back.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#8 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:35 am

Icness wrote:
Fairley will not be back. Someone else will overpay for him.

Mathis is a tough call. He's going to be 35 but he can still play. I know the team wants him back but they're not going to offer a lot. I'm hopeful he's back. I know Teryl Austin wants him back.

I hope not, Fairley i think needs to remain in this environment to remain successful. From what i've been reading though, it seems the FO is over with the Fairley experiment?

I think mathis being healthy for most of the games is more a miracle than the norm. He's 35 and when cb's crash, they crash hard. I think he still has something left, but i sure as hell would have a backup plan.

My bigger concern is Dig. while he made a ton of game changing plays during the season, he seemed to taper off towards the end, maybe fatigue? I fully blame him for letting T will score that touchdown before half. I know the coaching staff loves him, what are your thoughts?
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#9 » by Icness » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm hoping the Lions draft Dig's replacement. Isa Abdul Quddus isn't the worst option but he's better as a reserve and special teams guy. Jalen Collins in the first, Eric Rowe in the second both make a lot of sense. Corners who can play safety.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#10 » by Blkbrd671 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:43 pm

Icness wrote:I'm hoping the Lions draft Dig's replacement. Isa Abdul Quddus isn't the worst option but he's better as a reserve and special teams guy. Jalen Collins in the first, Eric Rowe in the second both make a lot of sense. Corners who can play safety.

Your hoping because you agree with me?

If we end up with quddus as our starting safety, i feel we'd be fine. He seemd like a ball hawk in his limited minutes. I would love collins but he may not be there in the first and DT as we said is very much a need. i don't think Rowe will be there either.

Another question, is RB at all in play!? this draft is deep, we have Theo, however he's not a "home run hitter".
Black Lavender
Ballboy

Post#11 » by Black Lavender » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:45 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:
Icness wrote:I'm hoping the Lions draft Dig's replacement. Isa Abdul Quddus isn't the worst option but he's better as a reserve and special teams guy. Jalen Collins in the first, Eric Rowe in the second both make a lot of sense. Corners who can play safety.

Your hoping because you agree with me?

If we end up with quddus as our starting safety, i feel we'd be fine. He seemd like a ball hawk in his limited minutes. I would love collins but he may not be there in the first and DT as we said is very much a need. i don't think Rowe will be there either.

Another question, is RB at all in play!? this draft is deep, we have Theo, however he's not a "home run hitter".

I don't mind the idea of Isa starting at safety. I'd like to bring Mathis back on another one year deal and hopefully find his replacement in the draft. I haven't watched a ton of college football, but I like the idea of a guy like Collins in the first round. Depending on what happens in free agency, I like what I've seen from the DT from Iowa, Carl Davis. Wouldn't mind taking a look at him.
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#12 » by Icness » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:47 pm

RB will not be addressed in 1st round but I'll be surprised if they don't take one later. Loads of talent there this draft. My #1 RB last year was Carlos Hyde. He's be no higher than 5th this year. But that's just my personal take.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#13 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:19 pm

Icness wrote:RB will not be addressed in 1st round but I'll be surprised if they don't take one later. Loads of talent there this draft. My #1 RB last year was Carlos Hyde. He's be no higher than 5th this year. But that's just my personal take.

its a 4 round deep draft, and i don't think the combine helped any one RB, so i would think some may slip?
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#14 » by Blkbrd671 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:40 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/p ... roit-lions

great read on Lions trying to get a competitive edge
Icness
NFL Analyst

Post#15 » by Icness » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:41 pm

Blkbrd671 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lions/p ... roit-lions

I got to see it during camp, it's pretty sweet and hardly noticeable. Sam Martin kept joking about it. I'm interested to see what they figure out is useful from it.
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#16 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:03 am

Icness wrote:

I got to see it during camp, it's pretty sweet and hardly noticeable. Sam Martin kept joking about it. I'm interested to see what they figure out is useful from it.

Per the article , they can tell when a players hurt just by the stat sheet. That's pretty impressive as you have actual data to support your claim to a coach rather than a opinion, which can be argued. i also do wonder how much of that data effects the game plans and whether it directly translated into wins or they could derive a pattern to argue that it helped them win the game
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#17 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 am

BUSH JUST GOT RELEASED!!!!

i am happy only because it theoretically means more time for Theo Riddick, who while not a home run hitter, is much more of a consistent play maker.

i am worried as i hope that his release doesn't mean that DET looking at drafting a RB in the first 4 rounds. i feel we have other areas to address
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#18 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:35 am

Icness wrote:

Whats the deal with Jerome Couplin III? he got signed by i think the eagles, is there a chance we may bring him back!?
Blkbrd671
RealGM

Post#19 » by Blkbrd671 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:09 am

Do we draft Dorian Green -Beckham!? i'd consider it if he's there at our draft slot. We'd have a compilment to calvin and ultimately his replacement?
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,148

Post#20 » by ElectricMayhem » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:34 am

This is not a serious suggestion as it makes nearly zero sense to allocate financial resources to WR, but can you imagine if we used some of our remaining money to grab Andre Johnson? For the first time in his life he'd have single coverage. Either throw it up to a Johnson or bang one underneath to Golden Tate as the pressure release valve. Pass every down!

Sorry, I needed to get that silly little fantasy out of my system.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!

Return to Detroit Lions