ImageImageImageImage

Around the League

Moderator: theBigLip

Piston Pete
RealGM
And1: 1,264

Re: Around the League 

Post#61 » by Piston Pete » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:30 pm

Assuming all things stay the same (Rams get #1 and we get #2), would you trade the Rams:

1) CJ for #1 pick - take Suh and Berry
2) #2 pick plus Drew Stanton (Rams need QB help) for the #1 - ensuring ourselves we pick the guy we want.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#62 » by Liqourish » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:49 pm

Neither. Theres a good chance they'll take a QB (Jimmy Clausen from ND) at #1. Even if they don't, I'd rather have Eric Berry & Calvin Johnson than giving Suh #1 money.

We don't have enough talent to consolidate. God knows I want Suh badly, but he's not worth adding holes where we have talent, just to fill a hole at DT.
TSE
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#63 » by TSE » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:09 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Assuming all things stay the same (Rams get #1 and we get #2), would you trade the Rams:

1) CJ for #1 pick - take Suh and Berry
2) #2 pick plus Drew Stanton (Rams need QB help) for the #1 - ensuring ourselves we pick the guy we want.

Why the heck would you suggest trading CJ for ONE 1st rounder when he's worth more? And this is the worst first overall pick to have in the history of the NFL, well close to being tied with last year, because of the money investment.

CJ is worth MANY picks. And we'd be better off in the LONG run if we started acquiring picks in 2011 and beyond. 2010 is possibly the final year of these bloated contracts. Now's not the time to take a subpar trade value for a premium player in arguably the worst draft of all time (because of the money)!
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#64 » by Piston Pete » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:31 am

I highly doubt we'd get "many" picks if we dealt him for the #1 overall pick in the draft.

He wasn't the #1 guy in his own draft....
Bartender
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#65 » by Bartender » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:36 am

Having CJ on our team is better then having Suh and Berry both.
TSE wrote:Wow I actually like this trade, good job Mayhew!
TSE
Banned User

Post#66 » by TSE » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:13 am

Bartender wrote:Having CJ on our team is better then having Suh and Berry both.

Well yeah, because they are only 2 first rounders, and CJ is worth more than 2 first round picks. If they both pan out and become stud players though, then that is not the case. But because CJ hasn't busted and either of those 2 could bust, CJ is easily worth more than those 2.

Our team is also better with Suh + Berry + CJ, and that's what I'd be considering. It'll be tough to trade for Berry though, he has to drop many spots and the team has to be afraid of the money or the trade can't work. You have to have the right conditions, and those are conditions I'm considering cause they would be convenient for what I'd like to do.

Oh and I'd also be willing to consider trading Delmas, because I think he is one of the few players on our team that some team might overpay us for. I don't think Delmas is as good as the average person perceives him, and those are players that you MUST identify and execute if you want to maximize your team's win total overall.

Mayhew and Millen have both shown that they have almost the exact opposite of an ideology, and that is why we can't win. When we do things logically, everything will fall into place like dominoes. You can't stop any NFL team from becoming dominant given the nature of how the system works for the weaker teams through high draft picks and waive wire priorities. This stuff is like child's play if you want it to be. It's not complicated, it's all tied into using good logic and you can't be kept down. At least not in this environment where the vast majority of NFL GMs are grossly incompetent and clueless as to the fundamentals of advanced logic and game theory.
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#67 » by Piston Pete » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:28 am

Bartender wrote:Having CJ on our team is better then having Suh and Berry both.

Our #1a and #1b priorities this offseason need to be Offensive line and overall talent on defense (basically all positions).
Bartender
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by Bartender » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:27 pm

Pitt won a superbowl with a crappy O-Line. We can build our defense up right now and just wait for OLineman.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 85

Post#69 » by ajaX82 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 11:40 pm

we havent talked around the league lately

playoff chatter in here?

oh and JaMarcus Russel skipped the final team meeting to go to Vegas. He also finished the year with the worst QB rating in the league. worst first overall pick ever?
Bartender
Sixth Man

Post#70 » by Bartender » Thu Jan 7, 2010 12:17 am

Between him and Ki-Jana Carter
Piston Pete
RealGM

Post#71 » by Piston Pete » Thu Jan 7, 2010 4:35 am

Still rather take him #1 than Charles Rogers #2......
Bartender
Sixth Man

Post#72 » by Bartender » Thu Jan 7, 2010 4:35 pm

Why? Ki-Jana has only played 3 snaps in his entire career! LMFAO
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:06 pm

Piston Pete wrote:Still rather take him #1 than Charles Rogers #2......

(looks at Andre Johnsons career stats and weeps)
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#74 » by Liqourish » Thu Jan 7, 2010 6:59 pm

Josh Cribbs not happy with the browns contract offers. Could we nab him?
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by ajaX82 » Thu Jan 7, 2010 8:57 pm

Liqourish wrote:Josh Cribbs not happy with the browns contract offers. Could we nab him?

I dont know if we can, but should we? absolutely! A dynamic kick/punt returner who could serve as a WR4 and we could put in for reverses, wildcat, etc etc. Dude is just a playmaker and playmakers is something we sorely lack
Bartender
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by Bartender » Thu Jan 7, 2010 8:57 pm

Possibly. Idk what we'd use him for though. I like Derrick Williams and Aaron Brown returning kicks.
TSE
Banned User

Post#77 » by TSE » Thu Jan 7, 2010 9:02 pm

Liqourish wrote:Josh Cribbs not happy with the browns contract offers. Could we nab him?

We can't afford him and don't have the flexibility to outbid others for him. He would have to take less money to play here. We are too busy paying excessive contracts to guys like Stafford and Suh and whoever we draft in the top 2 in the years after that, not to mention all of our worthless overpriced veterans.
TSE
Banned User

Post#78 » by TSE » Thu Jan 7, 2010 9:06 pm

Bartender wrote:Possibly. Idk what we'd use him for though. I like Derrick Williams and Aaron Brown returning kicks.

Amazing how they were both higher draft picks than Witherschmuck who somehow came in here after being undrafted and a god-awful player for his previous team, yet he somehow gets game-time over them? Our guys haven't even had a shot to lose their jobs yet, and we are bringing in worthless players that have already proven they can't play this game well.
ajaX82
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#79 » by ajaX82 » Sat Jan 9, 2010 8:58 pm

So Pete Carrol to Seattle.....whats your thoughts? Pretty savy hire by Seattle though he wasnt a very good pro coach from what i remember. But it will have alot of people talking about the Seahawks, so its not all bad.

USC has to be hurting right now
Bartender
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by Bartender » Sat Jan 9, 2010 10:03 pm

Apparently, Jeff Fischer is interested in the USC job.

Return to Detroit Lions