Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Re: PAT's Moved Back to the 15 

Post#21 » by humanrefutation » Fri May 22, 2015 5:08 pm

emunney wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Over the last five years, kickers made 93% of all FGs from that distance. I don't think this changes much.

I think it does, but not because of missed XPs. I think the psychological difference is huge, and we see a ton more 2 pt tries. Ultimately, that's what the league is hoping for, too.

I don't think we will see a ton more 2 point tries. There were two FGs from that distance missed in the last two years. I don't think moving it back to the 15 makes a significant difference.

If they moved it back to the 23 and made it a 40 yard attempt, then you might start seeing a significant increase in 2 point tries. But I honestly don't think you will see it this season. Scoring from the two is still a pain in the ass.

We'll see, though. You might be right.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#22 » by chuckleslove » Sat May 23, 2015 1:46 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
El Duderino wrote:Just get rid of the extra point try. Seven points for a TD unless a team goes for two, then they get either six or eight.

I agree with removing the extra point try, but I'd rather not punish a team for doing for two. So, make the two point conversion a one point play. 7 automatically for the TD. One extra if you convert from the two yard line.

This puts even more impact on the 2 point conversion though because now everyone will try a conversion after a score.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#23 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 23, 2015 2:20 pm

This is just the continued evolution of the NFL towards some hybrid of arena football and later flag football once the ranks of elementary and high school football players are thinned out by parents and students worried about concussions.

We will need a lot of crazy scoring for fan interest to make up for the lack of hitting that will be to come. This is another step in that direction.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Re: PAT's Moved Back to the 15 

Post#24 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat May 23, 2015 4:42 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
emunney wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:Over the last five years, kickers made 93% of all FGs from that distance. I don't think this changes much.

I think it does, but not because of missed XPs. I think the psychological difference is huge, and we see a ton more 2 pt tries. Ultimately, that's what the league is hoping for, too.

I don't think we will see a ton more 2 point tries. There were two FGs from that distance missed in the last two years. I don't think moving it back to the 15 makes a significant difference.

If they moved it back to the 23 and made it a 40 yard attempt, then you might start seeing a significant increase in 2 point tries. But I honestly don't think you will see it this season. Scoring from the two is still a pain in the ass.

We'll see, though. You might be right.
I'm with you and don't think we'll see too many more 2pt tries. The messed this up. If the goal is more 2pts then yeah I agree with you move it back to the 25 or 30 and really make it a tougher kick. The league half stepped on this rule change and neither decreased injury risk (just do away with it) or made it a no brainer to go for 2. Total fail.

We get this rule change yet logical changes like being able to challenge a personal foul or going college style and letting the booth replay guy make the call on replays to speed up the process can't get passed?
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#25 » by RRyder823 » Mon May 25, 2015 5:10 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
El Duderino wrote:Just get rid of the extra point try. Seven points for a TD unless a team goes for two, then they get either six or eight.

I agree with removing the extra point try, but I'd rather not punish a team for doing for two. So, make the two point conversion a one point play. 7 automatically for the TD. One extra if you convert from the two yard line.

So in other words you want to see a 2pt conversion attempted after every TD
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#26 » by humanrefutation » Tue May 26, 2015 5:51 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

So in other words you want to see a 2pt conversion attempted after every TD

Why not? I'd rather have that then a kick try with a ~95% conversion rate.

Another alternative is to offer an extra point for a 50+ yard kick try. That would be interesting.

Return to Green Bay Packers