ImageImage

Training Camp 2015 - Judgment Day (Pg 14)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,275

Re: Re: Training Camp 2015: 3 Days Away 

Post#21 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:18 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

I know the OL is solid, but I shy away from comparing them to 2 sets of lineman that would literally let the opponent know where there were running and just demolish them.

They could be there one day but definitely not there yet.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,525

Re: Training Camp 2015: 3 Days Away 

Post#22 » by th87 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:47 am

Turk Nowitzki wrote:Still not sure I have recovered emotionally from last season to do this all over again.

I'm in a similar boat. I've never been less excited for football (though usually my excitement is extreme). I hate how I felt after that garbage. Anything less than a championship is a fail in my eyes, which obviously makes the potential for disappointment really high.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#23 » by HKPackFan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:34 am

th87 wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:Still not sure I have recovered emotionally from last season to do this all over again.

I'm in a similar boat. I've never been less excited for football (though usually my excitement is extreme). I hate how I felt after that garbage. Anything less than a championship is a fail in my eyes, which obviously makes the potential for disappointment really high.

I'm excited about the new year, but agreed that THIS year Championship or bust. This team is mostly intact and especially on offense it has a WIN NOW feel to it with every single starter back and just about every single 2nd stringer back as well (they doled out a couple big contracts lately). Out performed the superbowl loser for 58 minutes and out performed the Super Bowl Champ in a late regular season game. That has created huge expectations universally by all Packer fans and many NFL fans and media are talking about Green Bay as one of the favorites.

This should be a championship run, and anything less will be a terrible disappointment.
#FreeChuckDiesel
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#24 » by neiLz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:55 pm

I am still not over the NFC championship. I have completely stayed away from football. I am very excited, i just wish still can't watch anything to do with football yet. Heck i haven't even sent out texts/emails for our upcoming fantasy football season which i normally do starting late june.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,630

Post#25 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 pm

Only depth position that concerns me is TE. We really lack speed and playmaking ability there. If Dick Rod goes down I'd imagine we'd be forced to run a lot of 5 WR sets, which may or may not be a bad thing.

Backman may have some potential, but it's hard to expect a 7th round rookie to come in and provide any meaningful impact his first season. Perrilo is just a big body you put in for goal line sets and special teams. He's just a guy.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: Re: Training Camp 2015: 3 Days Away 

Post#26 » by HKPackFan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:35 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Only depth position that concerns me is TE. We really lack speed and playmaking ability there. If Dick Rod goes down I'd imagine we'd be forced to run a lot of 5 WR sets, which may or may not be a bad thing.

Backman may have some potential, but it's hard to expect a 7th round rookie to come in and provide any meaningful impact his first season. Perrilo is just a big body you put in for goal line sets and special teams. He's just a guy.

I think they use more RBs. Lacy probably catches 50 balls this year. And like you said more WRs.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#27 » by HKPackFan » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Definitely don't disagree. We must have bottom 5 TE overall in the league. Haven't looked around the league but would expect us to be bottom 5
Sky Bucks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,357

Re: Training Camp 2015: 2 Days Away 

Post#28 » by Sky Bucks » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:31 am

Just can't wait till week 2 and get the sea birds at our house for a change.
#Make'em Believe On Wisconsin
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,269

Post#29 » by rilamann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:57 am

I think that the Packers can win the Super Bowl this season and I wouldn't be at all shocked if they do,but I also think that if don't do it this season the Packers won't play in another Super Bowl in the McCarthy/Rodgers era.

With all of the things they have in their favor going into this season and with the motivation and lessons learned coming off a choke job even I didn't think team was capable of last January....if they can't do it now I am convinced they're never going to do it.

This is a make or break season for the McCarthy/Rodgers era.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: Re: Training Camp 2015: 2 Days Away 

Post#30 » by HKPackFan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:03 am

rilamann wrote:I think that the Packers can win the Super Bowl this season and I wouldn't be at all shocked if they do,but I also think that if don't do it this season the Packers won't play in another Super Bowl in the McCarthy/Rodgers era.

With all of the things they have in their favor going into this season and with the motivation and lessons learned coming off a choke job even I didn't think team was capable of last January....if they can't do it now I am convinced they're never going to do it.

I think 2016 is pretty good too. They've got the entire oline locked up through 2016 and I think most of the rest of the offense. Lacy and jordy and cobb. Plus possible up and comers Adams and Dick. As long as their elite offense is together they always have a shot. I know defense their are questions for 2016 but again most of the offense is together and maybe this years defensive rookies will step up for next year.

After 15 and 16 there are too many unknowns. Can't pay the whole oline not sure I want to spend big money on a bruising back they don't have the longest careers and so many other questions.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Re: Training Camp 2015: 1 Day Away 

Post#31 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose not overly jazzed yet. Felt like a bad person.

The way that season ended was so brutal and I am not close to being over it. I didn't watch the Super Bowl for the first time in over 20 years. If Rodgers and McCarthy only end up with one super bowl, I think I'll remember that game more than any of the great things they did.
Do it for Chuck
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,997

Post#32 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:53 pm

rilamann wrote:I think that the Packers can win the Super Bowl this season and I wouldn't be at all shocked if they do,but I also think that if don't do it this season the Packers won't play in another Super Bowl in the McCarthy/Rodgers era.

I don't know if I'm certain as you are. Our team is still very young at an assortment of key positions, so I don't think there's any reason why this team couldn't continue to compete for titles for the next few seasons.

But, I will say I wouldn't be absolutely shocked to see McCarthy shown the door if the team doesn't make a deep playoff run - NFCC or better. The fact that he gave up playcalling makes me wonder if he's starting to feel the heat.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#33 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:04 pm

Neal starts training camp on PUP, shocker. Rollins is on NFI.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
rilamann
RealGM

Re: Re: Training Camp 2015: 2 Days Away 

Post#34 » by rilamann » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:25 pm

HKPackFan wrote:

I think 2016 is pretty good too. They've got the entire oline locked up through 2016 and I think most of the rest of the offense. Lacy and jordy and cobb. Plus possible up and comers Adams and Dick. As long as their elite offense is together they always have a shot. I know defense their are questions for 2016 but again most of the offense is together and maybe this years defensive rookies will step up for next year.

After 15 and 16 there are too many unknowns. Can't pay the whole oline not sure I want to spend big money on a bruising back they don't have the longest careers and so many other questions.

To clarify my point I meant not winning a Super Bowl in terms of the team just not being capable of doing it regardless of talent.

If they don't win it this season,IMO you could hypothetically keep every player on the current roster together for the next 5 seasons and I don't think they ever win it,because they just don't have it in them for whatever reason.

But you bring up a good point too and you obviously need talent to win and they have the talent right now to win.That's a big factor in why I think if they don't win it now they never will but the main point of my post is if they don't win it this season it's just not in their DNA to do it,not because a lack of talent.

The Packers showed last season from a talent standpoint that they should of at worst went to the Super Bowl,then they once again showed that winning championship football is not their DNA.All you can hope is last season was so over the top it finally wakes them up.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#35 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:53 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one whose not overly jazzed yet. Felt like a bad person.

The way that season ended was so brutal and I am not close to being over it. I didn't watch the Super Bowl for the first time in over 20 years. If Rodgers and McCarthy only end up with one super bowl, I think I'll remember that game more than any of the great things they did.

Same boat here. I feel a little like I did at the beginning of this Brewers season after they blew their division lead down the stretch at the end of last year. The only difference is I knew the Crew would suck this year, and I know the Pack will be in Superb Owl contention. Once I start getting the daily training camp highlights I should be fine again.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#36 » by rilamann » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:35 am

jakecronus8 wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one whose not overly jazzed yet. Felt like a bad person.

I'm not over it either and it's scary to think that nothing less than a Super Bowl win this season is going to make the Seattle game last season feel even worse than it does now.

And I agree than if Rodgers and McCarthy end up with one Super Bowl in Green Bay that will unfortunately be their defining moment,especially when you take into consideration the previous playoff failures.Not saying it's all been on Rodgers and McCarthy but when you take into consideration the 15-1 one and done in the playoffs season and then the Seattle game they're going to be remembered more for that type of stuff than the 1 Super Bowl if Rodgers retires with the same number of rings as Trent Dilfer.

With all that siad I'm still pretty hyped for the season,I'm anxious to see how the Packers respond this season after the choke job.If it wakes them they could have one of the best seasons in Packer history.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Re: Re: Training Camp 2015: 1 Day Away 

Post#37 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:01 am

rilamann wrote:

I'm not over it either and it's scary to think that nothing less than a Super Bowl win this season is going to make the Seattle game last season feel even worse than it does now.

And I agree than if Rodgers and McCarthy end up with one Super Bowl in Green Bay that will unfortunately be their defining moment,especially when you take into consideration the previous playoff failures.Not saying it's all been on Rodgers and McCarthy but when you take into consideration the 15-1 one and done in the playoffs season and then the Seattle game they're going to be remembered more for that type of stuff than the 1 Super Bowl if Rodgers retires with the same number of rings as Trent Dilfer.

With all that siad I'm still pretty hyped for the season,I'm anxious to see how the Packers respond this season after the choke job.If it wakes them they could have one of the best seasons in Packer history.

I'm excited about it because I think Rodgers is hungry. I think he knows all eyes are on this team and he's the league mvp so the success or failures fall on him. I think he has 100% expectations for a super bowl win and he's gonna be working this team to get focused and get them on a superbowl run.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#38 » by RRyder823 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:14 am

rilamann wrote:

Well what was Favre deciding moment then since he only got one? I'm sure I'll have people that say it's his final NFCG here, or playing for the Vikings or countless other negative things because its the internet but in reality to the general public it's him ripping off his helmet after his TD in the SB or the game after his dad died..... I could go on but you get my point......(Well maybe the Vikings thing has some weight)

Winning a SB is TOUGH and takes some luck on top of that. The SB or bust mentality that permiats message boards is over the top. This is a team that'll be in the conversation as long as AR is the QB and that's all you can ask for. I think we get another chip but only time will tell but if we don't seeing it as a failure is l like saying only one team had a successful season and 31 others failed. I simply disagree.

Hell this boards on REALGM populated by Bucks fans that could only wish the Bucks had a 1/4 of the success as the Packers and yet here we are.... Then again it's the internet so people will find something to complain about no matter what
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#39 » by HKPackFan » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:12 am

Speaking of complaining.....Mike neal is on the PUP, injured and unable to practice.

Looks like injury bug is taking up permanent residence with Mike.
rilamann
RealGM

Post#40 » by rilamann » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:00 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
rilamann wrote:

Well what was Favre deciding moment then since he only got one? I'm sure I'll have people that say it's his final NFCG here, or playing for the Vikings or countless other negative things because its the internet but in reality to the general public it's him ripping off his helmet after his TD in the SB or the game after his dad died..... I could go on but you get my point......(Well maybe the Vikings thing has some weight)

Winning a SB is TOUGH and takes some luck on top of that. The SB or bust mentality that permiats message boards is over the top. This is a team that'll be in the conversation as long as AR is the QB and that's all you can ask for. I think we get another chip but only time will tell but if we don't seeing it as a failure is l like saying only one team had a successful season and 31 others failed. I simply disagree.

Hell this boards on REALGM populated by Bucks fans that could only wish the Bucks had a 1/4 of the success as the Packers and yet here we are.... Then again it's the internet so people will find something to complain about no matter what

I think if you have a first ballot HOF QB in the prime of his career with a pretty damn solid supporting cast the expectation should in fact be Super Bowl or bust.We're not talking about the Detroit Lions or the Cleveland Browns here.

Obviously you can't expect to win the Super Bowl every season,that's not being realistic.

But by the time Aaron Rodgers retires the Packers will have had roughly 30 CONSECUTIVE seasons of first ballot HOF quarterback play between Rodgers and Favre,stop and think about that for a second.Not 20 out of 30 seasons or even 25 out 30 seasons,30 consecutive seasons and if the Packers only have 2 Super Bowl trophies to show for it they didn't get it done.

While I don't expect the Packers to be in the Super Bowl every season by any stretch of the imagination I don't buy into the idea that some Packer fans have that we should all just shut up and be happy to be in the playoffs every season when we have a quarterback the caliber of Aaron Rodgers.

I'm already having nightmares at the thought of when future generations of Packer fans ask why Aaron Rodgers only played in 1 Super Bowl and I have to bring up a name like Colin **** Kaepernick or explain what this guy named Kurt Warner did to us when he was 40 **** years old.At least I won't have to tell them about the Seattle game,every 10 year old Packer fan in 2040 will already know about that one.

Rodgers still has time to save us from all of that but the clock is starting to tick.

Return to Green Bay Packers