ImageImage

Game 10: Pack at Kitties - Noon

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,716

Re: Game 10: Pack at Kitties - Noon 

Post#721 » by emunney » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 am

You've got a warped view of Steven Jackson.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#722 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:32 am

I'm probably just still affected by Stephen Jackson's tenure in this state.
emunney
RealGM

Post#723 » by emunney » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:38 am

That could be it. You might remember that I didn't want to give up a 3rd for him either, but the guy can still run. Not sure for how much longer, but for now he can.
xTitan
RealGM
And1: 2,279

Post#724 » by xTitan » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 am

Newz wrote:Just looking at the ratings that RealGM posted for prospects in the upcoming draft.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ersion_10/

Apparently this Chance Warmack dude is like the best guard prospect ever. Would you guys trade up for him if possible assuming he is a lock to be that good?

they just signed their guards to long term contracts they need a center and a tackle.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,522

Post#725 » by th87 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 am

Newz wrote:This argument is just strange to me. TT is a great GM... his biggest weaknesses since he has been here are:

1. Identifying quality offensive linemen.
2. Identifying quality running backs.

When you look at the offensive lineman situation though you are missing what are likely (assuming health) your two starters. Sherrod was taken to be our LT of the future and Bulaga is a solid player at RT. Those two guys were both first rounders taken to solidify the position and they are now both injured. Newhouse is a quality backup and Lang is a very nice fourth option.

I think any team who loses two first rounders that they drafted to solidify a position are going to be in trouble at that spot though.

That being said, all teams have weaknesses. There is no complete team in the NFL. Offensive line is a pretty big weakness to have when you are going to run into teams like the Bears, 49ers and Giants in the playoffs... but it is what it is. I still think we have just as good of a chance as anyone and I'm sure Thompson will continue to try and address the position next year in the draft/via free agency.

Could be coaching. The linemen seemed to have more of an upward trajectory than how they are turning out.
emunney
RealGM

Post#726 » by emunney » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:36 am

xTitan wrote:
Newz wrote:Just looking at the ratings that RealGM posted for prospects in the upcoming draft.

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ ... ersion_10/

Apparently this Chance Warmack dude is like the best guard prospect ever. Would you guys trade up for him if possible assuming he is a lock to be that good?

they just signed their guards to long term contracts they need a center and a tackle.

Not that I know anything about Warmack, but if he is that good a guard prospect, I wouldn't let Lang get in the way from me taking him, although it sounds like we definitely won't have the opportunity. Besides, wasn't there some talk about moving Lang to C when Wells left? He can either do that or be a valuable 4 position backup.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#727 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:50 am

Danny Watkins was supposedly a cant miss Pro Bowl G. He missed. Would not trade up for a G.
Do it for Chuck
emunney
RealGM

Post#728 » by emunney » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:11 am

Wasn't Danny Watkins like 28? He was never can't miss.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#729 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:55 am

emunney wrote:Wasn't Danny Watkins like 28? He was never can't miss.

In actuality he was never cant miss but according to every draft guru and a ton of guys here, be was gomna be all world from day one.
Do it for Chuck
Marley2Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 2,426

Post#730 » by Marley2Hendrix » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
emunney wrote:Wasn't Danny Watkins like 28? He was never can't miss.

In actuality he was never cant miss but according to every draft guru and a ton of guys here, be was gomna be all world from day one.

Very, very true.
You gotta make it sexy! Hips and nips, otherwise I'm not eating.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,335

Post#731 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:21 pm

I didn't realize Detroit didn't blitz once until I read McGinn's ratings

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 83911.html
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#732 » by El Duderino » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:14 pm

th87 wrote:
Newz wrote:This argument is just strange to me. TT is a great GM... his biggest weaknesses since he has been here are:

1. Identifying quality offensive linemen.
2. Identifying quality running backs.

When you look at the offensive lineman situation though you are missing what are likely (assuming health) your two starters. Sherrod was taken to be our LT of the future and Bulaga is a solid player at RT. Those two guys were both first rounders taken to solidify the position and they are now both injured. Newhouse is a quality backup and Lang is a very nice fourth option.

I think any team who loses two first rounders that they drafted to solidify a position are going to be in trouble at that spot though.

That being said, all teams have weaknesses. There is no complete team in the NFL. Offensive line is a pretty big weakness to have when you are going to run into teams like the Bears, 49ers and Giants in the playoffs... but it is what it is. I still think we have just as good of a chance as anyone and I'm sure Thompson will continue to try and address the position next year in the draft/via free agency.

Could be coaching. The linemen seemed to have more of an upward trajectory than how they are turning out.

While the line clearly isn't a good run blocking unit, we can't forget the tight ends in the equation. Most good running teams have at least a tight end or two who can do a solid to good job at setting the edge so that the tackle can scrape off and get on a linebacker quickly. Crabtree is the only tight end who can block at all and even he isn't anything special because he's undersized.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#733 » by El Duderino » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I didn't realize Detroit didn't blitz once until I read McGinn's ratings

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 83911.html

This has been happening a lot this year, McGinn has brought it up many times. That defensive coordinators have largely given up on blitzing Rodgers, to much history has shown it's not worth the risk. So instead they sit in Cover 2 with both safeties deep, trying to take away the deep throws and daring the Packers to try running the ball vs seven men in the box, which our running game has shown it can't exploit.

Return to Green Bay Packers