Packers/Bears Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Packers/Bears Lead Up 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:30 pm

Win and win the division. Clay and Woodson likely back, not sure about Nelson. Cutler likely to play. Urlacher out. Bears in deperation mode. Get an early lead and let Cutler throw us the ball a few times.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Re: Packers/Bears Lead Up 

Post#2 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Pretty disappointed I'm going to miss the entire game since I'll be flying back from Seattle at 10:00 AM PT. Hopefully we win easily.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#3 » by Newz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm

Hopefully we can continue to run the ball like we have the last two weeks. :D
an_also
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#4 » by an_also » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 pm

So if we lose, are we still technically in first because we have a better division record?
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#5 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:51 pm

an_also wrote:So if we lose, are we still technically in first because we have a better division record?

Yes.
Newz
Banned User

Post#6 » by Newz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

In King's MMQB he discussed how Casey Hayward is a contender for Defensive Rookie of the Year. He deserves to be in the conversation too. I think we may have hit a home run with him... he might be a superstar at that spot.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#7 » by BUCKnation » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:22 pm

Newz wrote:In King's MMQB he discussed how Casey Hayward is a contender for Defensive Rookie of the Year. He deserves to be in the conversation too. I think we may have hit a home run with him... he might be a superstar at that spot.

He is the DROY, imo.
Newz
Banned User

Post#8 » by Newz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:24 pm

Also... a lot of people seem to have forgotten about it. But that Seahawks robbery earlier in the year could really come back to haunt us since we are chasing a bye.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#9 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:49 pm

BUCKnation wrote:
Newz wrote:In King's MMQB he discussed how Casey Hayward is a contender for Defensive Rookie of the Year. He deserves to be in the conversation too. I think we may have hit a home run with him... he might be a superstar at that spot.

He is the DROY, imo.

Newz
Banned User

Post#10 » by Newz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:50 pm

BUCKnation wrote:

He is the DROY, imo.

Not sure about that. That kid at linebacker from the Panthers has been pretty beastly too from everything I've heard.

He's definitely very good though and I wouldn't be shocked if he won it.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#11 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Isn't that giants rookie leading the NFL in picks? Id have to think he's the front runner.
Do it for Chuck
Newz
Banned User

Post#12 » by Newz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:Isn't that giants rookie leading the NFL in picks? Id have to think he's the front runner.

Stevie Brown is second with 7... but I think he's been in the league for three years.
Wilford Brimley
Banned User
And1: 81

Post#13 » by Wilford Brimley » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:14 pm

McCarthy on Harris: "I like DuJuan Harris. Would like to get him in the game more. Would like to do more with him."

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#14 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Newz wrote:Also... a lot of people seem to have forgotten about it. But that Seahawks robbery earlier in the year could really come back to haunt us since we are chasing a bye.

Or it could cost the Bears a playoff spot...
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#15 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:19 pm

I don't mind if the bears make the playoffs. They scare me the least of potential playoff matchups.
Do it for Chuck
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,957

Post#16 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 pm

I would absolutely prefer Chicago to Seattle in the playoffs.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#17 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:22 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:I don't mind if the bears make the playoffs. They scare me the least of potential playoff matchups.

+1
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#18 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 pm

McCarthy's presser

•No injuries to report from the Detroit game.

•Hopeful that both LB Clay Matthews and S Charles Woodson will play this week vs. Bears.

•Happy that he doesn't have any injuries to report this week.

•Talked at length with Lang about whether to be active. Decided Saturday morning to decide he would be active.
Had him go through drills on Sunday.

•Barclay is getting better. Played better than he did last week. Had some tough matchups. Pleased with ihs progress.

•Bigger picture right now is Packers-Bears, not clinching the division. When you get voicemail from Willie Davis this morning you know it's a big game. Want to wrap up the division.

•Like a lot about DuJuan Harris. Like to do more with him. Want to get him in the flow of things. Tough kid, talented. As fast vertically as horizontally.

•Three different backs is a benefit. Three different running styles. How can we better utilize their talents. Did some good things yesterday. Good to have Ryan back. Be nice to run those guys for four quarters.

•With Crosby 50-yarders, have to trust game plan. One he missed thought he hit it well. Believe in Mason Crosby. Down 14-0, have to kick that field goal. He's hitting the ball good. We'll keep kicking. If worried about statistics, I would be (ticked) off.

•C.J. Wilson not as far along as hoped.

• Says a lot about locker room that have kept steady during tough injury times.

•Sam Shields played well. Great to have him out there. Know he can run but really appreciate what he can do. Presence on special teams.

•Haven't added any new pattern schemes to running game. Rodgers deserves a lot of credit for succes of running game. Extremely bright, if different alignment he can recognize those things. A lot of flexibility.

• Would love to be scoring a lot of points. The dynamics of team has changed. It changed after playoff loss. In off-season, how a better well-rounded team. Not in best interest to be high-powered team we were. Special teams has been key. Have to play to your strengths.

•Not knowing about Harris helped him be successful. Now, how do you keep using him. If play and keep tilting field your way so angles are beneficial to your team, that's what you're looking for.

•I really could't tell for sure with Lang and Nelson.

•We'll see about putting Lang back at guard. T.J. is ready for anything. We have to be ready for anything.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#19 » by Profound23 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:28 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:I don't mind if the bears make the playoffs. They scare me the least of potential playoff matchups.

+1

I agree but it would be funny if the Bears missed the playoffs because of the Seahawks screwing the Packers but the Packers still get that first round bye.

Win this week, SF loses to NE, and we are sitting pretty with two more games versus Tennessee and MN.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#20 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:37 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:McCarthy's presser

•We'll see about putting Lang back at guard. T.J. is ready for anything. We have to be ready for anything.

:rockon:

Return to Green Bay Packers