ImageImage

Packers/Bears Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Re: Packers/Bears Lead Up 

Post#181 » by wichmae » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:19 pm

I think just about everyone is done with Finley.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#182 » by Mags FTW » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:23 pm

I REALLY don't care what players and coaches have to say/tweet about Sandy Hook.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,018

Post#183 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Mags FTW wrote:I REALLY don't care what players and coaches have to say/tweet about Sandy Hook.

To me is the equivalent of when new stations ask random people on the street their opinion of some thing. Unless you are an expert on the matter or some how have inside knowledge of something, I don't see the point or connect to having their opinion broadcasted.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#184 » by Ayt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:10 pm

Wilford Brimley wrote:
Next year, the Packers will return four veteran tight ends along with Brandon Bostick, a rookie free agent on the practice squad with exciting potential as a downfield receiver.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 64521.html

Article from McGinn. Highly recommend reading the whole thing.

Bostick really jumped out at me in the preseason as a raw guy with a lot of potential. Who knows if he ever comes close to reaching it, but I was really impressed with his fluidity and how natural he looked catching the ball.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#185 » by trwi7 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Reading that article it doesn't sound like the Packers are going to draft a tight end or if they do it won't be in the first couple of rounds. They talk about Quarless being the best blocker and Bostick having excellent downfield receiver potential. They also mention D.J. Williams.

It also says McCarthy likes the thought of a strong running game and the passing game moving to receivers and away from tight ends.

Reading that I would be pretty surprised if they draft a tight end sooner than the 4th round.

If they're going for offense in the draft I think offensive line, receiver and running back will be what they look at first.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#186 » by RiotPunch » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Bostick was a WR in college, IIRC. Definitely potential there, but I don't know if I want to bank on that too much. If Q can get healthy, I am comfortable moving forward with him, he's our most complete TE. DJ has been a disappointment so far, but I suppose the jury is still out on him.

3rd/4th round sounds about right for picking up a TE. Like I said earlier, I'd love for us to target a guy like Ryan Otten. Super underrated.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#187 » by Ayt » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:19 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Bostick was a WR in college, IIRC. Definitely potential there, but I don't know if I want to bank on that too much. If Q can get healthy, I am comfortable moving forward with him, he's our most complete TE. DJ has been a disappointment so far, but I suppose the jury is still out on him.

3rd/4th round sounds about right for picking up a TE. Like I said earlier, I'd love for us to target a guy like Ryan Otten. Super underrated.

He was a WR in college. Of course you wouldn't bank anything on him. Still, he definitely has some natural ability as a receiver.

If your post was due to what I stated, I was simply stating that he's an interesting developmental guy to look at. He could easily wash out of the league within a year or two. He could also be a guy that could really thrive under NFL training and become an under the radar type contributor. He clearly has some natural ability.

Return to Green Bay Packers