That pizza looks horrendous.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Re: College Football 2014 Thread 

Post#82 » by El Duderino » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:46 pm

Newz wrote:That pizza looks horrendous.

Looks a lot like Little Caesars.

I never order chain pizza given there are so many good private owned joints in the Milwaukee area. Well, one day i was watching my nephew and he loves Little Caesars, so my sister brought some when she picked him up. My god was it horrible and i'm no total pizza snob even though i don't order from chain places. I can stomach say Pizza Hut if others order it, but that Little Caesars was worse than most of the crap sold in the frozen food pizza area at the grocery store.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#83 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Newz wrote:That pizza looks horrendous.

What do you have against solar powered pizza? :lol:
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#84 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 pm

Some rumors that that Joshua Shaw thing isn't true. Wasn't saving his cousin. Some shaky rumors that he was running from the cops?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#85 » by trwi7 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 am

Weird thing to make up. You can lie about it, just don't make it a lie that's going to bring a ton of attention to yourself.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#86 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:01 pm

You know college football is here when I'm nervous about Minnesota taking on an underrated directional school. :-?
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,029

Post#87 » by midranger » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:35 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:You know college football is here when I'm nervous about Minnesota taking on an underrated directional school. :-?

My cousin is on that underrated directional school.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#88 » by TroyD92 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:36 am

Treadwell is a monster.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#89 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Michigan is going to regret not giving Berkley Edwards (Braylon's younger bro) a scholarship. Kid is fast as hell.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#90 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:42 pm

[tweet]http://twitter.com/banditref/status/505192068293988352[/tweet]
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#91 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:45 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/GophersNow/status/505186525449945088[/tweet]
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#92 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Good god. OSU was only favored by 14, but they're in serious jeopardy as is Iowa vs. Northern Iowa.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#93 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 8, 2014 6:47 pm

PSU sanctions are lifted. Nice timing, NCAA.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#94 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Sep 8, 2014 6:49 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:PSU sanctions are lifted. Nice timing, NCAA.

Total bull, made even worse since they are blatantly trying to use the Rice story to bury their headline.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#95 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 8, 2014 6:53 pm

How terrible that a 19 year old kid can play in a Bowl Game. Really think those kids should have paid for all of Sandusy's crimes for all of eternity.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM

Post#96 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Sep 8, 2014 6:59 pm

The kids went there knowing there was a bowl ban and the ones that didn't had an opportunity to leave. I see no reason to let PSU off easy. Their scandal was easily the worst in the history of the NCAA.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#97 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 8, 2014 7:09 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:The kids went there knowing there was a bowl ban and the ones that didn't had an opportunity to leave. I see no reason to let PSU off easy. Their scandal was easily the worst in the history of the NCAA.

60 million dollar fine and everyone guilty in jail or in court. Didn't know that was considered "easy."

There were kids already there that may just have not wanted to transfer given that they were already in college there. As to the ones that enrolled after the fact, well, I still don't see why they should be punished.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#98 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 8, 2014 7:30 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:The kids went there knowing there was a bowl ban and the ones that didn't had an opportunity to leave. I see no reason to let PSU off easy. Their scandal was easily the worst in the history of the NCAA.

60 million dollar fine and everyone guilty in jail or in court. Didn't know that was considered "easy."

There were kids already there that may just have not wanted to transfer given that they were already in college there. As to the ones that enrolled after the fact, well, I still don't see why they should be punished.

It was a punishment for the university. And no one was forcing these kids to go to PSU. They could have transferred and played immediately if a bowl game was so important to them.

USC's punishment was worse and is still paying for mistakes from a different regime, and what happened with them wasn't even remotely as bad as what PSU did (obviously).
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#99 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Sep 8, 2014 7:46 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

It was a punishment for the university. And no one was forcing these kids to go to PSU. They could have transferred and played immediately if a bowl game was so important to them.

USC's punishment was worse and is still paying for mistakes from a different regime, and what happened with them wasn't even remotely as bad as what PSU did (obviously).

Outside of playing football, how and why is the NCAA supposed to punish a University? Isn't that a state/federal issue? The NCAA is about athletics, no? I think they basically said, "give us $60 million if you ever want to play again" if I understand the fine correctly. I get that you want to hit PSU's cash cow as a penalty, but it was hit pretty hard. You can sleep at night knowing that everyone that did bad is likely in jail.

The idea of punishment is to first, make somebody who committed the crime pay "an eye for an eye" in many ways, right? Jerry Sandusky and the admins are punished. The University was punished probably as much as it could have been by the NCAA until this.

The second idea of a punishment is to make sure nobody does it again. I think you'd agree that what happened today won't affect that Sandusky being locked up for life probably already does that.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#100 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Sep 8, 2014 7:51 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:

Outside of playing football, how and why is the NCAA supposed to punish a University? Isn't that a state/federal issue? The NCAA is about athletics, no? I think they basically said, "give us $60 million if you ever want to play again" if I understand the fine correctly. I get that you want to hit PSU's cash cow as a penalty, but it was hit pretty hard. You can sleep at night knowing that everyone that did bad is likely in jail.

The idea of punishment is to first, make somebody who committed the crime pay "an eye for an eye" in many ways, right? Jerry Sandusky and the admins are punished. The University was punished probably as much as it could have been by the NCAA until this.

The second idea of a punishment is to make sure nobody does it again. I think you'd agree that what happened today won't affect that Sandusky being locked up for life probably already does that.

You just hit on why this is getting an eye roll and a wank motion from me. The punishment was as much about the level of institutional chaos over football as anything. Football had become too big and this toxic environment contributed to the cover-up and lack of activity when it became apparent that Sandusky was doing these awful things. Knowing some PSU grads personally I can almost say that the penalty strengthened their resolve and created even more of an Us vs Them mentality. The punishment wasn't severe enough.

It's obvious that there are programs around the country where football will trump all else. What happened at PSU could have happened at just about every school in the SEC. So at the very least I thought the sanctions should have continued.

Return to Green Bay Packers