ImageImage

Updated (P.3): Jordy signs extension - 4 years $39 million

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Should the Packers pay Jordy Neson $10 million a year?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 54

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Updated (P.3): Jordy signs extension - 4 years $39 mill 

Post#81 » by trwi7 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Cobb isn't going anywhere.

Adam Dunn is a Brewer.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
JabariParker12
Freshman
And1: 6

Post#82 » by JabariParker12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Great job getting Jordy inked

Cobb isn't likely to leave either. Ted will give him a lesser number of years deal deal like he did Jordy, Jennings, Jones, etc..

3 years, $27 mill type deal after this season so he'll get paid now, and sill be able to hit the market in his prime. He's too young to shell out a five year deal for right now. This is how Ted operates, we're in good hands guys
"I'm trying to be a throwback player and only stick with one team"
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Post#83 » by jimmybones » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Profound23 wrote:Wow, I hope you guys are right. I also hope while keeping Cobb we don't take away from money that would otherwise be spent on defense and Oline.

Yes, Tramon's money comes off the books but you need defensive backs. Hopefully Casey Hayward stays healthy and evolves, Shields lives up to his deal, Ha-Ha lives up to his first round status which then helps Burnett's play, and Hyde does well enough at DB to take Hayward's spot.

The free agents in 2016:

Eric Weddle, Eric Berry, Lankford, Dareus, Ngata, Cameron Jordan, Robert Quinn, Watt, Patrick Peterson, Leon Hall, Johnathan Joseph, Derrick Johnson, Kuechly, Bobby Wagner, Hali, Von Miller, Aldon Smith, Kerrigan, Bruce Irvin, Hightower

That's just most of the best defensive players. I realize this list will dwindle because of extensions and franchise tag (hate the franchise tag) but it would be nice to have some extra change to make a run at shoring up the defense.

Thinking about big name free agents is very Madden-esque. A lot of things have to go right to rely on landing any of them- their team not locking them up, them remaining healthy and productive, them wanting to come other, other teams stupidly way overbidding. Wisely, we usually end up spending the most money on our own guys to very reasonable deals. I'd wager we end up locking up Cobb long term wayyyy more than us ever seeing any of those mentioned players in a Packer uniform.
JabariParker12
Freshman

Post#84 » by JabariParker12 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 pm

I'd wager we end up locking up Cobb long term wayyyy more than us ever seeing any of those mentioned players in a Packer uniform.

Truth
"I'm trying to be a throwback player and only stick with one team"
WiscoKing13
RealGM
And1: 1,274

Post#85 » by WiscoKing13 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Nelson will count $5.925 million on the Packers salary cap this season. His cap numbers the final four years are $4.6million in '15; $8.8 million in '16; $11.55 million in '17 and $12.55 million in '18.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports ... /13330773/

Nicely done, we either cut him or re do the deal in 16.
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.

I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#86 » by chuckleslove » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 pm

The new TV money should be setting in too which could see a large salary cap increase by 16.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
rimjobprotector
Banned User

Post#87 » by rimjobprotector » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:55 am

Id like to lock cobb up to the same deal if thats possible right now.

Return to Green Bay Packers