ImageImage

Preseason game #4 - Chiefs @ Pack 6:00 TMJ4

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Re: Preseason game #4 - Chiefs @ Pack 6:00 TMJ4 

Post#61 » by chuckleslove » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:38 pm

Godgers wrote:Everyone on these forums knows I think TT is a good scout and not the best GM. He makes being a GM work because he is one of the best scouts.

People than throw out TT doesn't make a mess with the cap so he is a great GM. How can you make a mess with the cap when you don't do anything in FA and let every FA vet leave.

He doesn't let every FA vet leave, he has handed out big contracts to Rodgers, Clay, Nelson, Hawk, Shields and then smaller extensions to Hawk, Brad Jones, James Starks, Andrew Quarless, Raji, fairly big deal to Woodson and Peppers from other teams. I don't see how anyone can say he lets every FA vet leave it is just pretty easy to prove that false.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
bobsacamano
Ballboy
And1: 12

Post#62 » by bobsacamano » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:44 pm

chuckleslove wrote:
Godgers wrote:Everyone on these forums knows I think TT is a good scout and not the best GM. He makes being a GM work because he is one of the best scouts.

People than throw out TT doesn't make a mess with the cap so he is a great GM. How can you make a mess with the cap when you don't do anything in FA and let every FA vet leave.

He doesn't let every FA vet leave, he has handed out big contracts to Rodgers, Clay, Nelson, Hawk, Shields and then smaller extensions to Hawk, Brad Jones, James Starks, Andrew Quarless, Raji, fairly big deal to Woodson and Peppers from other teams. I don't see how anyone can say he lets every FA vet leave it is just pretty easy to prove that false.

This. And when he has let players walk, when was it the wrong decision? Maybe Cullen Jenkins? I can't think of any others.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,773

Post#63 » by Ayt » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Maybe he is a huge Scott Wells fan and thinks we should have made him one of the highest paid centers in the league.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,013

Post#64 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm

Not only has he not let most (you could argue all) of our key FAs leave, he's signed many of them to second contracts that end up being bargains.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Preseason game #4 - Chiefs @ Pack 6:00 TMJ4 

Post#65 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Taken from yesterday's, "Why Your Team Sucks" fan takes section, where fans roast their own teams (and fanbases):

BJ:

I get caught every year in the same trap when talking football with other Wisconsin residents. I always forget that I have at best a 1 in 10 chance of not talking to a complete moron, because no matter how stacked the team has been since Ted Thompson took over, the majority of Packer fans out in the wild will find whatever weakness they can and point to it as the reason to fire everybody.

Thank God Packers stock doesn't give our fans any actual say in decision making, or else Eddie Lacy would be someplace else and the headline in Green Bay would read "Highest paid NFL RB Steven Jackson says he's still got something left in the tank"

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-green-bay-packers-1627477893

I will now duck for the "yeah, but what about Lynch and Randy Moss (the first time around)!!!" people.

You're right. I wanted Moss and didn't like the price for Lynch but those guys can absolutely get you over the top...However, point is, there are teams that have done fairly well with FA (Seattle)...but they've also **** away a ton of money on those guys. A lot had to do with the draft.

There is one Seattle, who hasn't even done that great in free agency/veteran trades. For every great Lynch move TT would have made, there would be a bloated Haynsworth or Jake Long contract. Ask teams like the Jets and Skins. I'm not saying there isn't a better way to go about it than TT, but there is a lot of bad coming with the good. Fortunately for Seattle, they were paying their QB 600K so they could afford to light $20+ million (until a kick return in the Super Bowl) on fire for Harvin, Rice, and Miller last year.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#66 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:33 pm

^^ Still laughing at all the people that were whining over not paying 32 year old Steven Jackson like a top 15 running back. :lol:

Return to Green Bay Packers