Week 1 Lead Up: @Seachickens

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Re: Week 1 Lead Up: @Seachickens 

Post#121 » by crkone » Thu Sep 4, 2014 12:04 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 76991.html

He understands that with an enormous contract comes enormous responsibility. That's been the backdrop to his career.

"So if people want to blame me for everything that went wrong on defense last year," Peppers continued, "so be it. That's fine. It's somewhat of a responsibility to take the fall when things happen to the part of the team you're supposed to be the leader of."

What went wrong? Peppers points to "injuries, loss of key personnel, loss of key coaches." All of it compounded. Peppers said he never spoke to anyone in the Bears front office prior to the release. They moved quickly, quietly....

"It's not necessarily about 'What are they going to do to us?'" Peppers said. "It's 'What are we going to do to them and how are they going to respond?' I think it's the perfect fit, being able to do what I want to do, play with the guys that I want to play with. And just be on a team that has a real chance at winning."

Chicago let him go, moved on. Peppers, fair or not, represents problems past 31/2 hours south.

Painted as a scapegoat, Peppers bites his tongue. Mention the Bears ... sweet revenge ... a chance to prove a former employer dead wrong, and Peppers brings up the Seattle Seahawks.

For him, for Green Bay, meeting expectations starts here.

"They are the champs," he said. "They're the best team in football. Those are the games I want to play. I want to play against the best teams."

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,258

Post#122 » by rilamann » Thu Sep 4, 2014 12:10 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Love to get the opening kickoff and score on the first drive. Although kicking off and having Sea go 3 and out would also be a good start. Just don't want to play catchup if possible.

Yeah we have to play with the lead in this game,of course you always want to play with the lead but it's imperative vs a team like the Seahawks.

We have to play from the front early and keep the upper hand,even it's never by more than a touchdown.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
crkone
RealGM

Post#123 » by crkone » Thu Sep 4, 2014 12:56 pm

Peppers going up against a rookie tackle is pretty damn sweet. Keep rotating others to go against him so he can't handle the different types of rushers we can throw at him in Neal, Perry, and Clay. Britt allowed 1 sack and 8 hurries in the preseason, 6 hurries in game 3 against the bears.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#124 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:36 pm

Sounds like we got the perfect ref for the game tonight. Last year he was tied for #1 in terms of most defensive holding penalties called. His crew also called more than twice as many as the league average in the preseason. So hopefully Rodgers goes deep early and often tonight.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#125 » by Newz » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:38 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Sounds like we got the perfect ref for the game tonight. Last year he was tied for #1 in terms of most defensive holding penalties called. His crew also called more than twice as many as the league average in the preseason. So hopefully Rodgers goes deep early and often tonight.

I've got our playbook for tonight:

ALL. DAY.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,346

Post#126 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:46 pm

Very curious to see how Peppers is used. We finally have a pass rusher opposite Clay. Could be dynamite.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,346

Post#127 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 4, 2014 2:48 pm

Some undercover Seattle police will be wearing Green Bay gear to help them identify Seahawks fans who are hostile to Packers supporters at the Thursday night game.

Inconsiderate, unruly behavior can get fans kicked out of CenturyLink Field for violating the code of conduct.

KING-TV reports police plan to wear opposing team jerseys for all Seattle home games.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#128 » by CousinOfDeath » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:04 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Some undercover Seattle police will be wearing Green Bay gear to help them identify Seahawks fans who are hostile to Packers supporters at the Thursday night game.

Inconsiderate, unruly behavior can get fans kicked out of CenturyLink Field for violating the code of conduct.

KING-TV reports police plan to wear opposing team jerseys for all Seattle home games.

I would go as a normal fan wearing the opposing jersey and make people think I'm an undercover cop.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
crkone
RealGM

Post#129 » by crkone » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:11 pm

CousinOfDeath wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I would go as a normal fan wearing the opposing jersey and make people think I'm an undercover cop.

Put in a highly visible fake earpiece or a bluetooth earpiece and you're set.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#130 » by trwi7 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:26 pm

PkrsBcksGphsMqt wrote:Sounds like we got the perfect ref for the game tonight. Last year he was tied for #1 in terms of most defensive holding penalties called. His crew also called more than twice as many as the league average in the preseason. So hopefully Rodgers goes deep early and often tonight.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#131 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:31 pm

Rodgers has to channel his inner Grossman. YOU GOTTA UNLEASH THE DRAGON!!!!!!!!!!!

crkone
RealGM

Post#132 » by crkone » Thu Sep 4, 2014 3:39 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Ohr8HgvxE[/youtube]

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |