Week 16: @Buccaneers
Week 17: Lions

Record: 13-3

Playoff Results:

NFC Title Game: Eagles OVER Packers
AFC Title Game: Broncos OVER Patriots
Super Bowl: Broncos OVER Eagles

Packers Predictions:
1. Biggest Surprise: Only a couple years removed from being the biggest weakness of our offense, our running game is going to carry us this season.
2. Biggest Disappointment: Only a couple years removed from being the best and deepest corp in the league, our receiving corp is going to show itself to be pretty thin when we lose one of our starters to injury for an extended stretch.
3. Richard Rodgers is going to make us all forget about Jermichael Finley.
4. Datone Jones is going to have at least 7 sacks.
6. One of our OLBs - either Clay or Pep - is going to suffer a season ending injury.

Miscellaneous NFL Predictions:

1. MVP: Russell Wilson
2. DPOY: JJ Watt
3. OROY: Sammy Watkins
4. DROY: Khalil Mack
5. 49ers are going to take a big step back this year. They'll barely make the playoffs, but lose to the Eagles in the WC round. Harbaugh will leave them after the season.
6. The Eagles will stun the Seahawks in Seattle, and the Packers in Lambeau, on the road to the Super Bowl.
7. Peyton Manning will retire after the season is over.
8. Tom Coughlin will resign after the season ends. The Giants will hire Jim Harbaugh to take over.
9. Blake Bortles will be starting by mid-season in Jacksonville and will actually look really good.
10. Johnny Manziel will be starting by Week 3 and will be benched within a couple weeks after some poor showings.
11. Khalil Mack is going to finish the season as the best OLB in the NFL.
12. Jay Cutler is going to have a MONSTER season, but the Bears defense is going to continue to be atrocious.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: 2014 NFL Prediction Thread 

Post#2 » by Newz » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:26 pm

On the post above:

* If Wilson wins MVP I will assume he will win it due to popularity contest or because 2-3 other guys got hurt. I see no way that guy can outperform Rodgers or Manning if they stay healthy 16 games. He's not that good.
* I don't see how Sammy Watkins wins OROY with no one to throw him the ball. I think he's the best rookie WR, I just don't see how he's going to put up numbers with garbage at QB... he's not a Megatron or Fitz "just throw it up and I'll go get it" type of guy.
* I will be absolutely shocked if the Eagles get to the Super Bowl with that defense. I'd be shocked if they could beat the Packers... I see no way Foles is going to outscore Rodgers when they are both lined up against bad defenses.

Packers:

Record: 12-4

* Hayward will continue being one of the best slot corners in the NFL. He'll pick up where he left off as a rookie.
* Our ILBs will still be bad.
* Julius Peppers will start off great and fade down the stretch.
* Assuming health Eddie Lacy will continue to be a stud. With Rodgers around he is going to be facing a lot of six guys in the box and he is going to punish teams.
* Going to predict Cobb has a disappointing season. No idea why, just a hunch. I think Boykin will continue to elevate his game. Just get the feeling Cobb may not be a Packer next year with the depth we have at that spot and the contract we just gave Jordy.
* People will realize that it is actually possible to have an elite offense without Jermichael Finley and all of the attention that he apparently got from opposing defenses. I used to hear that was super valuable and hard to replace... doesn't seem like his absence has stopped anyone from projecting us to be an elite offense.
* Richard Rodgers will be good. Possibly very good.

NFL:

MVP: Aaron Rodgers
DPOY: JJ Watt
OROY: Benjamin
DROY: Mack

Super Bowl: Seahawks over Patriots

* I think Manning has a dominant regular season, fades in the playoffs and eventually retires.
* The AFC will continue to be awful with a mediocre Patriots team making the Super Bowl.
* The Seahawks' defense shows that they are no joke. Wilson continues to play safe, efficient football and their defense dominates on the way to another championship. Lynch disappoints, but Christine Michael steps up and is a valuable piece to their mediocre offense.
* Agree Jay Cutler will have a big year.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#3 » by humanrefutation » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:41 pm

Newz wrote:On the post above:

* If Wilson wins MVP I will assume he will win it due to popularity contest or because 2-3 other guys got hurt. I see no way that guy can outperform Rodgers or Manning if they stay healthy 16 games. He's not that good.
* I don't see how Sammy Watkins wins OROY with no one to throw him the ball. I think he's the best rookie WR, I just don't see how he's going to put up numbers with garbage at QB... he's not a Megatron or Fitz "just throw it up and I'll go get it" type of guy.

That's what my thinking is. He's going to be really efficient and on the best team in the league, and voters will want to reward him for that. There will be some Manning fatigue in play as well. If you look at his numbers last season - 63% Completion, 3400 yards, 26TDs, 9INTs, 101.2 QB Rating. A few hundred more yards and people will start talking him up. That's my prediction, at least.

I think EJ Manuel is going to be better than people think, but you might be right.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#4 » by Newz » Tue Sep 2, 2014 6:45 pm

humanrefutation wrote:That's what my thinking is. He's going to be really efficient and on the best team in the league, and voters will want to reward him for that. There will be some Manning fatigue in play as well. If you look at his numbers last season - 63% Completion, 3400 yards, 26TDs, 9INTs, 101.2 QB Rating. A few hundred more yards and people will start talking him up. That's my prediction, at least.

I could see that. I guess if he can put up numbers somewhere close to Rodgers and they continue to dominate the league, he may get it as like... partially a team award. I mean, maybe he just puts up insane numbers and wins it on his own. I just personally don't see that happening.

I think EJ Manuel is going to be better than people think, but you might be right.

If they get average QB play, I believe that Watkins will be ridiculous. So if your opinion is that Manuel will be okay, then I see where you are coming from.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

Post#5 » by paulpressey25 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 12:05 am

I'll go 12-4 and one playoff game win.

As we saw last year though, Rodgers is what makes this team special and if he can't go all 16 games we've got issues.

I don't have confidence that the defense is back yet and the O-line depth is light.

Should be a fun season though.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#6 » by rilamann » Thu Sep 4, 2014 11:28 am

Week 1 @Seahags - L
Week 2 vs Jets - W
Week 3 @Lions - W
Week 4 @Bears - L
Week 5 vs Vikings - W
Week 6 @Dolphins - W
Week 7 vs Panthers - W
Week 8 @Saints - L
Week 9 Bye
Week 10 vs Bears - W
Week 11 vs Eagles - W
Week 12 @Vikings - W
Week 13 vs Patriots - W
Week 14 vs Falcons - W
Week 15 @Bills - W
Week 16 @Bucs - W
Week 17 vs Lions - W

I'm making my NFC predictions based on each team's individual schedule,not on what I necessarily think the team is on paper.

NFC NORTH

Packers 13-3
Bears 9-7
Lions 8-8
Vikings 5-11

NFC EAST

Eagles 10-6
Cowboys 8-8
Giants 7-9
Redskins 6-10

NFC SOUTH

Saints 12-4
Panthers 8-8
Falcons 8-8
Bucs 6-10

NFC WEST

Seahawks 12-4
49ers 10-6
Cardnials 9-7
Rams 5-11

1.Packers 13-3
2.Saints 12-4 *Better division record than Seattle.
3.Seahawks 12-4
4.Eagles 10-6
5.49ers 10-6
6.Bears 9-7 *Better division record than Arizona.

WILD CARD

Eagles over 49ers
Bears over Seahawks

DIVISIONAL ROUND

Packers over Bears
Saints over Eagles

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Packers over Saints

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Patriots over Broncos

SUPER BOWL

Packers over Patriots

Rodgers wins league MVP,Lacy takes home the Super Bowl MVP.

Some of you might remember that back in January of 2013 after the 49ers embarrassed the Packers in the playoffs I felt that the Packers were 2 off-seasons away from being back in the mix as a top contender,it has now been 2 off-seasons and IMO the Packers are in position to win their 2nd Lombardi trophy in the Rodgers/MM/TT era.

Having Rodgers and Lacy both healthy for 16 games (Assuming they stay healthy) is going to be devastating for opposing defenses,especially with Lacy now having a season of experience under his belt and Rodgers playing with an even bigger chip than usual on his shoulder after missing 8 games last season.The depth behind Lacy with Harris/Starks should be rock solid.

I think both Cobb and Boykin are ready for breakout seasons making Jordy/Cobb/Boykin one of the best WR trios in the league,and it obviously doesn't hurt that they have the best QB in the league throwing them the ball.Rick Rodgers looks like he is going to be a very solid pro and I feel more confident going into the season with a trio of Rodgers/Bostic/Quarless than I would if Finley was the main guy at TE.

If the offensive line can hold up and continue to improve the Packers will have the best and most balanced offense in the league,provided they stay relatively healthy of course.Injuries are the only thing that can stop this offense IMO.

The defense is still a big concern especially when it comes to stopping the run but I think they can make a decent jump overall this season and at least hold their own,I still don't think this is a defense than can win you games but with the Packers' offense they won't have to be THAT good for this team to make a serious run at another Super Bowl.Just hold your own...AND WHEN YOU'RE IN POSITION TO MAKE THE BIG PLAY,MAKE THE PLAY!!!! Last season guys were in position to make some big plays on defense but they just whiffed time and time again,hopefully they make those plays in 2014.Glad the Packers kept Capers.

The addition of Peppers on the field will be huge but his veteran leadership is something that I think this Packers defense really needed.Losing Raji hurts your overall depth on the d-line but Raji hasn't been an impact player in almost 4 years so I don't think his loss will be a huge blow.

Stopping the run is the concern for this defense but if the Packers offense can start fast and get leads which shouldn't be a problem for them the opposition obviously won't be able to run the ball if they want to keep up so here's to Rodgers and Lacy staying healthy and masking that lack of run defense.

I'm picking the Packers to win the Super Bowl this season,it's not a homer pick either.I wouldn't pick the Packers if I didn't honestly feel great about their chances.If the Packers stay healthy and the defense can at least hold their own they will be the team to beat in the NFC behind a balanced and unstoppable offense lead by Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy.

The only teams IMO going into the season that are top tier contenders in the NFC (other the the Packers) and the only teams that scare me as a Packer fan are the Seahawks & Saints.49ers are going to drop off this season,still a playoff team but not a serious contender,like the Packers the past 2 seasons.I would put the Eagles in that category as well.Those teams don't scare me.

The Bears in IMO are going to be that 9-7/10-6 type team that could get hot come January and potentially crash the playoff party for the big 3.Marshall/Jeffery are no joke and with Cutler and Forte that Bears offense won't be too far behind the Packers.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#7 » by humanrefutation » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:21 pm

Get 'em in, folks.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#8 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:34 pm

I'm in the 12-4 boat. Either we win it all or we lose our first game of the postseason. I think we win the division. I think Seattle, San Fran, Chicago, New Orleans and Philly are the other NFC playoff teams. In the AFC I see the division winners being Cinci, New England, Houston, and San Diego with Denver and Indy being wildcards. I think a surprise team from the AFC makes a run to the Super Bowl, so someone other than NE and Den.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,239

Post#9 » by LUKE23 » Thu Sep 4, 2014 9:38 pm

11-5, #3 seed in NFC after New Orleans and Seattle.

Lose in NFCC at New Orleans.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#10 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Sep 4, 2014 10:31 pm

Week 1: @Seahawks - W
Week 2: Jets - W
Week 3: @Lions - W
Week 4: @Bears - L
Week 5: Vikings - W
Week 6: @Dolphins - W
Week 7: Panthers - W
Week 8: @Saints - L
Week 9: BYE
Week 10: Bears - W
Week 11: Eagles - W
Week 12: @Vikings - W
Week 13: Patriots - L
Week 14: Falcons - W
Week 15: @Bills - W
Week 16: @Buccaneers - W
Week 17: Lions - W

Record: 13-3

Playoff Results:

NFC Title Game: Packers OVER Seahawks
AFC Title Game: Broncos OVER Patriots
Super Bowl: Broncos OVER Packers

Packers Predictions:
1. Biggest Surprise: Julius Peppers doesn't blow the league away in sacks (probably in the 8-10 range), but his run defense makes us knowledgeable about what real outside linebacker play looks like.
2. Biggest Disappointment: Safety play will continue to bugger the Packers, with Burnett continuing to look lost on plays that would have been simple interceptions and PBUs for Collins.
3. Mike Daniels makes the Pro Bowl with 9 sack season.
4. AJ Hawk finally starts coming downhill at plays. He will miss tackles, but will make many more plays than in previous seasons.
6. An injury to either Nelson or Cobb will hamstring our offense. Janis will look very green in replacement. Eddie Lacy will shoulder the load, and put together a string of 125 yard+ games.

Miscellaneous NFL Predictions:

1. MVP: Peyton Manning
2. DPOY: JJ Watt
3. OROY: Brandin Cooks
4. DROY: Khalil Mack
5. CJ Mosely will have a huge season, coming in 2nd in DROY voting. It will force Packer fans to have flashbacks to how we barely missed out on Ray Lewis.
6. The 49ers will fall apart with Aldon Smith missing so much of the season, and general unrest with their coach.
7. RG3 will re-emerge in the Jay Gruden offense. He will push the Redskins to a wildcard playoff berth.
8. The Bears will bottom feed after getting horribly gashed by every run offense in the NFC North. Cutler will probably cry.
9. Jadaveon Clowney will be disappointing for the most part, but will have a couple of very flashy sacks which keeps ESPN interested.
10. The Saints offense is the best in the league, but is held back in the playoffs by an underachieving defense. Byrd ends up being one of the worst signings of the last 5 years.
11. The Superbowl is close going into half time, but Manning's half time adjustments devastate our gambling secondary and the Broncos win going away.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.

Return to Green Bay Packers