ImageImage

I miss Charles Woodson

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,279

I miss Charles Woodson 

Post#1 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 8, 2014 6:38 am

Charles Woodson may go down as one of the top 3 greatest defensive players in the history of this long franchise.

Just watching that .GIF of AJ Hawk freezing while percy Harvin gains a first down on a 3rd and 1, makes me miss Charles Woodson even more.

It's not just his secondary play, it's his leadership, his aggressiveness, his ability to tackle, it's big play ability.

WOW.

He's next to Reggie White in my book. I never saw Nitchke play, I own his autobiography, but I can't compare.

I saw Woodson got another INT with the Raiders Sunday. Then it said it was his 57th! And I thought 57th!?!?! Are you crazy! He has 57 INT!?!? And it continued to say, he had 19 with the raiders. Being that he's only been on TWO teams...It means the other 38 were with the Packers.

38 INTs! He gave us 38! In 7 seasons. He average 5.42 INT's a season! And of his 13TD's, TEN were with the Packers!! (At least 1 every year except for his last injured year).

He had 99 Passes Defended with us (at least ESPN stats say so). That seems like an insane number, I checked 2 sites, they also were at 90+.

With us he also had 11.5 sacks, and 15 forced fumbles!!

And his first 2 years with us, he had a 8.1 and 8.9 PR average with 6 returns 20+ yards.

I didn't even count his tackles, which were tons, and I couldn't find his Tackles for Loss. And I remember he had plenty of TFL and plenty of Tackles for no gain. I don't ever recall him freezing when he saw a WR or RB coming toward him, he always went in there full speed and popped whomever had the ball.

His best years were by far with Green Bay. Maybe between his maturity and Capers knowing how to use him, his production was off the charts.

Think about all those GAME CHANGING PLAYS! 15 forced fumbles, 38 INTs! 11.5 sacks, 10 TOUCHDOWNS!

He affected the outcome of the game so many times. Again and again, when we needed a play, when we needed a stop, when we needing something. #21 showed up and delivered.

How many times were you worried and holding your breath as the other team started marching down the field, and Woodson flashes in front of a WR and starts running the other way!! How many times did you start to sweat as the other team started making its way for a game tying drive when #21 blitzes through the pocket and the QB is falling down and the ball is bouncing around???

I miss that defense. I miss that playmaker. I miss that leadership. I miss that attitude. I mean the way he charged in from the secondary, and took down running backs, you couldn't help but want to follow that guy. If you are a LB are you going to stand around and wait for a WR or RB to come at you, or are you going to charge like it's your last football play like #21 does every single down? You want that MVP calling you out? You want to look like a wuss when he's throwing his body around like there's no tomorrow?

Woodson did so much for this team. His play was epic, historic, and beyond anything I've seen a CornerBack ever do.

Once upon a time we had a defense that could also punch you in the mouth, I think Woodson's loss is beyond just his cover abilities in the secondary. I think we lost a lot more.

I'm not saying father time didn't catch up with him. I'm not saying he would be the savior for this defense in 2014. I'm just saying I miss #21. :(
#FreeChuckDiesel
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

Re: I miss Charles Woodson 

Post#2 » by zmanishere11 » Mon Sep 8, 2014 11:59 am

Back. away. from. the. ledge.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#3 » by humanrefutation » Mon Sep 8, 2014 5:34 pm

Thank you for sharing.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#4 » by FAH1223 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:13 am

He misses GB.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DaAnsahonSports/status/511310311253872641[/tweet]
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#5 » by Profound23 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Woodson is playing very well this year. He is better this year than last.

Return to Green Bay Packers