Post#1 » by wichmae » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:04 am

Datone looked good
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Re: Post Game Queens 

Post#2 » by Newz » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:05 am

Best two plays of the year so far:

1. Rodgers insane TD pass that got called back due to 'holding'.
2. Peppers moving like a RB at his size and age while returning that pick for a TD.

Not sure we'll see another play better than those two. But I'll be pretty excited if we do.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#3 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:23 am

Risdon

The Thursday night games have been brutally one-sided affairs so far. I think the Vikings will keep this interesting. It might even keep me awake past halftime.

Packers 27, Vikings 17

To be fair he thought Bridgewater was starting, but still.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#4 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:30 am

wichmae wrote:Datone looked good

I believe he had to leave the game with a minor injury at some point but he was disruptive while he was in there. If he evolves it could turn the whole season around.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#5 » by wichmae » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:49 am

3rd QQ i think
SeaLORD_0318
Senior
And1: 185

Post#6 » by SeaLORD_0318 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:50 am

Ill-yasova wrote:
wichmae wrote:Datone looked good

I believe he had to leave the game with a minor injury at some point but he was disruptive while he was in there. If he evolves it could turn the whole season around.

Listening to The Fan up here in the Fox Valley and they said he's walking around the locker room and should be fine.
"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Vince Lombardi
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,723

Post#7 » by emunney » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:13 am

Lacy running through Blanton on the goal line was great, but the first time he ran him over, I seriously thought Blanton might be dead for a split second.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#8 » by DanoMac » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:20 am

8 years from now you're gonna be saying "remember that one game when Guion had a sack?" Then you'll look it up and remember he also taunted afterward. That actually happened people.

HHCD is all over the place on defense. Good to see. Think he's gonna be a real good one.

Also good to see Hayward playing like he was his rookie year. Guy has the potential to be a top 5 CB.

Couple nice tackles by Burnett. I had to rewatch a few of them to make sure I didn't mistake who I was looking at.

I know we pretty much beat a high school team, but these are the types of games that give entire teams confidence. Especially topping this on last week's result. I think this team is just starting to gel together on both sides of the ball. This season's gonna be a fun one.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#9 » by RRyder823 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:43 am

Was at work for the first half so I didnt get to see Jones play before he got hurt but from what I heard he looked good. Also Ha Ha just looks better every week. Has a nose for the ball and is actually a muuch better blitzer then I thought. I said when we drafted him that I thought we might have finally replaced Collins and while hes not near that level yet im feeling even more confident about that prediction. Final thought is on Laceys last TD run..... Not only does that earn a few pats on the back but that also earns more then a little ribbing for the vikings db that tried to stop him.... that was mans run to get in the endzone
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#10 » by neiLz » Fri Oct 3, 2014 12:58 pm

Awesome quote on Lacy's second TD run :

"It was just me and the safety, and it's a business decision on his behalf," Lacy said. "So I just lowered my pads, and we just went from there."

LOL!
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,171

Post#11 » by raysbookclub » Fri Oct 3, 2014 1:37 pm

I saw in the game thread people joking (?) about putting Peppers in at tight end. I guess the jokey reply is that he and the rest of the def are already on the field 40 min a game this year, he needs a break.

I feel like I remember the Panthers using Peppers as a tight end in a goal-line situation at least once, maybe more. I don't remember if it was successful, but I distinctly remember a highlight where they put him out wide against a CB from like the 1 yard line.

The guy is such a freak athlete, they really could put him on offense once in a while a la Deion Sanders and those kinds of guys.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#12 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:01 pm

I didn't read the game thread, but when I saw that return, I immediately thought he could play TE for us.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,625

Post#13 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm not really sure how much I can take away from this game. The good news is that we dominated in every facet (offense, defense, ST), but that obviously came at the expense of a Christian Ponder led, Adrian Peterson-less offense.

I will say this though, if the defense can continue to pressure the QB and create takeaways like we've been doing the past 4 games, we only need to see incremental gains in the run defense. Several other thoughts:

1) Datone looked good for a 2nd straight game. Hopefully that means he's turning into the disruptive play-maker everyone was hoping for when we drafted him.

2) Clinton-Dix probably would (should) be getting some DROTY consideration if not for our defense's poor reputation thus far.

3) Davante Adams is your obvious 3rd play-maker in the receiving game, rookie status be damned. Boykin has been somewhat of a disappointment. The offense doesn't miss him at all.

4) Good to see Lacy quiet all the doubters :D
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,124

Post#14 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Oct 3, 2014 2:34 pm

Again, these performances are what we've come to expect with the best QB in the world and a supporting cast full of playmakers. Thats why many of us rip McCarthy to shreds when his stubbornness costs our favorite team. Its amazing how well oiled this offense looks when its ran properly. How many plays were wasted on pitches/tosses in that Detroit game? Almost double digits? McCathy comes back and only runs two toss plays vs the Bears and one last night (which of course failed miserably on 3rd and 1). The defense was gifted a layup/confidence builder with Christian Ponder at the helm but they did a good job of stopping the run early, forcing a garbage QB to beat you. Sometimes its as simple as doing things that make sense, playing to strengths and exploiting weaknesses. Mind blowing stuff, I know. (unlike pounding the ball vs Detroit's beastly front seven... ok I'm over it. Or not.)

Anyway, 3-2 heading into Miami with a healthy team and a boatload of confidence. The ship is righted. All is good in Packerland.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,721

Post#15 » by jimmybones » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:14 pm

Lol, 5 days ago I was insane for thinking there was any reason to have an ounce of confidence in the defense. Vikings suck, yes. But LB and secondary looked really good. I think HHCD and Burnett should be the safety pairing. Burnett might be unleashed a bit if he trusts HHCD as the CF. The unit I'm down on the most is the DL but Datone was someone I was hopeful for before last night. If he and Daniels can create some havoc that would help a lot, obviously. We're screwed at NT. How long is Boyd out? Can we just go really small with Jones-Boyd-Daniels?
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#16 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:14 pm

The one real positive about this defense is that there are a ton of pass rushers on it. If we can get out to a 14 point lead with regularity, that would bode very well. Matthews, Peppers, Neal, Perry, Daniels, Datone...those guys can all get to the QB. They made life hell on the Vikings offensive line last night.

Peppers has been terrific so far this year, much better than I thought he'd be.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#17 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:35 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:Again, these performances are what we've come to expect with the best QB in the world and a supporting cast full of playmakers. Thats why many of us rip McCarthy to shreds when his stubbornness costs our favorite team. Its amazing how well oiled this offense looks when its ran properly. How many plays were wasted on pitches/tosses in that Detroit game? Almost double digits? McCathy comes back and only runs two toss plays vs the Bears and one last night (which of course failed miserably on 3rd and 1). The defense was gifted a layup/confidence builder with Christian Ponder at the helm but they did a good job of stopping the run early, forcing a garbage QB to beat you. Sometimes its as simple as doing things that make sense, playing to strengths and exploiting weaknesses. Mind blowing stuff, I know. (unlike pounding the ball vs Detroit's beastly front seven... ok I'm over it. Or not.)

Anyway, 3-2 heading into Miami with a healthy team and a boatload of confidence. The ship is righted. All is good in Packerland.

Kinda funny. We can't rip Roenicke and his obviously bone-headed strategies because he's "pushing all the right buttons" but you seem to ascertain that all of the struggles lead back to McCarthy all the time.
eagle13
Head Coach
And1: 107

Post#18 » by eagle13 » Fri Oct 3, 2014 4:42 pm

I did complain about mcCarthy play-calling but I never gave up on team - predicting 11-5 after Lion Loss. Defense will still get destroyed by run In some games – but with our offense we can get the lead and force the opponent to pass – and our pass defense/pass rush/coverage is excellent = formula for victory!

Next Draft
1= ILB
2= DL
3= TE
4= OT
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#19 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri Oct 3, 2014 5:47 pm

eagle13 wrote:I did complain about mcCarthy play-calling but I never gave up on team - predicting 11-5 after Lion Loss. Defense will still get destroyed by run In some games – but with our offense we can get the lead and force the opponent to pass – and our pass defense/pass rush/coverage is excellent = formula for victory!

Next Draft
1= ILB
2= DL
3= TE
4= OT

The only call that frustrated me last night was that stupid toss play to Starks on 3rd and 1. I'm not quite sure why Lacy was on the sideline during that play, with the way that he was running. Outside of that, the playcalling was fine. Rodgers missed a couple of throws that he usually makes, so no issue there.

I really hope they continue to run Lacy out of a singleback, or two back set more. Let Lacy get going downhill before he has the ball in his hands and get out of the way. The shotgun runs need to be abolished, much like that idiotic toss play.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#20 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Oct 3, 2014 6:07 pm

Yeah, I'm not saying you can't go at MM here. He seemed to have some issues in play-calling, especially early in the year. I do always trust that he and/or Rodgers will get that stuff cleaned up by some point in the season, though, and it seems like they did.

It was more a comparison of the asinine support shown to Roenicke that we always dealt with on the Brewers' board early in the year.

Return to Green Bay Packers