Post Game Dolphins

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Re: Post Game Dolphins 

Post#161 » by HKPackFan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 am

Godgers wrote:Clay Mathews

A. His body has already taken it's toll through his career.
B. He doesn't look close to as ripped and is now off of ROIDS.
C. Injured and we don't know about it.

I am going with B.

It could be a combination. His body is starting to fail, he's off PEDs, and he's injured.

I hope he turns it around, we will need him November through January. We will need those big plays. I don't mind if the Pack sits him or at least make him a part time player in hope of bringing him along so he's fresh come the last part of the season. I think we can get by with Nick Perry in the meantime.
#FreeChuckDiesel
DH34Phan
Lead Assistant
And1: 113

Post#162 » by DH34Phan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:45 am

Siefer wrote:
Newz wrote:
Siefer wrote:HHCD reminds me of Nick Collins in his uncanny ability to be in the right place at the right time. I really, really like this kid.

Also, I'm still not over Nick Collins. :(

Losing Collins to injury was pretty much the worst thing ever. I think he had a legit chance to be a Hall of Famer. :(

He was absolutely on a HoF trajectory. It guts me just thinking about it.

I hope you meant Packers Hall of Fame. He had what, 2 great seasons?

It would be hard for Collins to have as good of a career as LeRoy Butler, and idk what his HOF chances are.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,166

Post#163 » by raysbookclub » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:06 pm

I think Clay should be fine. He's still playing well. Comparing him to Brad Jones is crazy. There was this one run play in the second quarter where it was a pitch to Clay's side, and he took on literally 3 blockers, and the RB was gang tackled by 4 or 5 free Packers. Brad Jones isn't doing that.

He's probably still dealing with some injury like the groin, it showed when he intercepted that ball vs Chicago and then ran out of bounds instead of sprinting the end zone.

BTW, did you guys see that play, on 3rd down late in the 2nd quarter, where Peppers sprinted from his right side pass-rushing position to the opposite sideline, and 10+ yards down the field, to make the tackle on a TE screen? Wow.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#164 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:07 pm

When has there ever been any evidence whatsoever of Clay "being on PEDs"? Players' weights, especially LBs and D-lineman, fluctuate on a yearly basis as a result of trying to increase agility or strength.

So, in 4 years, when JJ Watt inevitably doesn't look as "ripped" as he was at age 24, are we going to say, "he must be off the roids now"? Can't believe this is an actual conversation right now.

:noway:
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#165 » by TroyD92 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 pm

I don't think Clay ever took steroids. HGH on the other hand....
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#166 » by jakecronus8 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:27 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:When has there ever been any evidence whatsoever of Clay "being on PEDs"? Players' weights, especially LBs and D-lineman, fluctuate on a yearly basis as a result of trying to increase agility or strength.

So, in 4 years, when JJ Watt inevitably doesn't look as "ripped" as he was at age 24, are we going to say, "he must be off the roids now"? Can't believe this is an actual conversation right now.

:noway:

There's reason to speculate. I believe clay gained over 40 lbs of muscle within two years of walking on at USC. He also was best buddies with Brian Cushing who was found to be a user, and pretty much everyone knew he was on them while at USC.

Neither of which completely indicts Clay, but that combined with the NFL adding an HGH testing policy and Clay's complete drop off in play and there's reason to raise an eyebrow or two. We as Wisconsin sports fans should know to not rule out anything when there's even circumstantial evidence regarding PED use.
Do it for Chuck
JHSFIVE
Starter
And1: 214

Post Game Dolphins 

Post#167 » by JHSFIVE » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:56 am

That fluky int vs Chicago really alarmed me... He had zero burst after catching that ball. He no one in front of him and he ran outta bounds.

His play has not gone unnoticed
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blog ... rc=desktop
OVERREACT

Return to Green Bay Packers