ImageImage

ATL: Week 8

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 242

ATL: Week 8 

Post#1 » by zmanishere11 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:32 pm

Interesting article posted on yahoo today about some apparent problems between some Seahawks and Russell Wilson.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 34070.html

Russell Wilson not black enough? Nice.

Can't wait to see how this plays out when he gets $100+ mil in the off-season
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Re: ATL: Week 8 

Post#2 » by neiLz » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:36 pm

I don't buy the whole black enough issue. What I do think is that he comes off as kind of fake. It seems like he tries extremely hard to be nice and say all the right things. I think he's an awesome player but in his interviews and stuff he's comes off as kind of fake. I could see players getting annoyed. Now I may be completely off base because I never met him but that's just my observation
UWNick
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#3 » by UWNick » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:16 am

Wasn't the, "doesn't take blame for others mistakes" a complaint Jennings had about Rodgers too? Is it common for WRs to get bailed out by their QB in team meetings or something?
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#4 » by Aaron It Out » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:13 pm

UWNick wrote:Wasn't the, "doesn't take blame for others mistakes" a complaint Jennings had about Rodgers too? Is it common for WRs to get bailed out by their QB in team meetings or something?

I remember Driver commenting about that issue..

The all-time leading receiver in Packers history discussed what he thought was Jennings' perspective when he made comments about Rodgers "no longer really about the team."

“We’ve always said that the quarterback is the one that needs to take the pressure off everyone else," said Driver on ESPN Radio.

"If a guy runs the wrong route, it’s easy for the quarterback to say, ‘Hey, I told him to run that route’ than for the guy to be like, ‘Well, I ran the wrong route.’ Sometimes you ask Aaron to take the pressure off the guys so we won’t look bad, but he didn’t want to do that. He felt like if you did something bad, you do it. But I think that’s the difference. You want that leadership, and I think sometimes you may not feel like you got it. You have to earn that respect at the end of the day, and I think that’s what Greg was probably referring to.”

http://www.jrn.com/wtmj/wi-sports/green ... 70001.html
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
UWNick
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#5 » by UWNick » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Your right, so Driver was explaining Jennings lack of leadership comments about Rodgers... and now Harvin says the same thing about Wilson...

The whole QB not taking blame for WR mistakes is such an odd complaint/statement to me. I'm pissed at this guy, because I screwed up? Come on, they have to know that's nonsense right?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#6 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:42 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:I don't buy the whole black enough issue. What I do think is that he comes off as kind of fake. It seems like he tries extremely hard to be nice and say all the right things. I think he's an awesome player but in his interviews and stuff he's comes off as kind of fake. I could see players getting annoyed. Now I may be completely off base because I never met him but that's just my observation

I'm glad you said it because you're not the only one that thinks so. These comments don't really surprise me at all.

I think the word "fake" is something I'd use to describe his demeanor too. The guy just comes off as a pretentious "I do everything the right way so you should follow" attitude, and that tends to rub teammates the wrong way unless you've built up a lot of credibility. Wilson is a good QB, but it's pretty obvious that the defense and Lynch are what has been carrying that team since he's been there.

That "article" he wrote on domestic violence as well, came off as just kind of some "look at me and my moral righteousness standing up for women", all the while people forgetting that he just divorced his wife of 2 or so years once he hit it big in the NFL :roll:

Don't get me wrong, there are much worse dudes in the NFL. I just think he's kind of douchey and hypocritical.

Edit: I agree that the "not black enough" thing is stupid and pretty irrelevant/weird
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#7 » by chuckleslove » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:28 pm

Rumors are he divorced his wife cause she had an affair which is definitely grounds to divorce someone so I don't think that should factor in to anything.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#8 » by TroyD92 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:53 pm

SD Vs Denver should be fun tonight.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#9 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:32 am

Mike Carey is hilarious. Does that dude ever get a challenge right?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#10 » by GB_Packers » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:57 am

Urlacher on Cutler:

"You look at the Bradys, the Mannings, the Rodgers, the Brees, those guys win every year, even with no one around them," Urlacher said. "Rodgers has no offensive line. He wins. [Tom] Brady has no receivers. He wins.

"And you look at Jay. He's got Brandon [Marshall], Alshon [Jeffery], Matt [Forte], this great offensive line, Martellus Bennett, and they can't seem to put it together, for some reason. I'm not sure if that's his fault, but for some reason, they just can't figure it out."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/11749420/brian-urlacher-jay-cutler-chicago-bears-elite-qb-salary-only

I love it. Not sure about Rodgers having no OL or no one around him unless that was just tying into the OL, certainly struggled at times, but anyways love it. I doubt Cutler ever figures it out either. Got that Favre gunslinger gene except he will never be the player Favre was in his prime.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#11 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:01 am

UWNick wrote:Your right, so Driver was explaining Jennings lack of leadership comments about Rodgers... and now Harvin says the same thing about Wilson...

The whole QB not taking blame for WR mistakes is such an odd complaint/statement to me. I'm pissed at this guy, because I screwed up? Come on, they have to know that's nonsense right?

It just continues to prove that receivers in general are the ultimate diva's. I think it's a jealousy thing. The QB usually makes more money, gets more attention and get most of the credit with team success. It's as if they feel the QB should take the blame to balance that out.

I hope Jennings is enjoying his money, because he's done winning. Hopefully seeing that the Packers offense hasn't skipped a beat since he left that he's just another good receiver who truly didn't understand what a great situation he was in with Rodgers.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#12 » by LikeABosh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:10 am

trwi7 wrote:Mike Carey is hilarious. Does that dude ever get a challenge right?

I'm starting to wonder if they even give him a monitor
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#13 » by trwi7 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:34 am

It's like the second time (and I've seen him maybe 3-5 times) say a call was going to be this and then a few seconds later the exact opposite call is made.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
StillABucksFan
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#14 » by StillABucksFan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:31 am

Whats worse is he's not just wrong, but the **** he says doesn't even make sense a lot of the time.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#15 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:18 pm

I always thought he was a good ref but he's horrible on CBS.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
GB_Packers
Head Coach

Post#16 » by GB_Packers » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:36 pm

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL
Per @mortreport, the @Seahawks have grown tired of Marshawn Lynch's ways and he's not expected to return next season.

Wow. It's falling apart in Seattle. Here's hoping Lynch doesn't end up on another NFC team.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#17 » by Mags FTW » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:41 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:

I always thought he was a good ref but he's horrible on CBS.

I don't even know why he still works. He's probably stupid rich. Owns a big time snowboard and ski company. His wiki is pretty interesting.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#18 » by Mags FTW » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:45 pm

21-0, but I still think ATL will blow it.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#19 » by BigDee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Falcons beating up on injured Lions teams.
GB_Packers
Head Coach

Post#20 » by GB_Packers » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Lions getting gashed, down 21-0. Fairley left with a knee injury that didn't look good at all.

Return to Green Bay Packers