ImageImage

Game Thread - Pack vs. Saints

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Re: Game Thread - Pack vs. Saints 

Post#421 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:05 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:2) If Rodgers goes down, you have no competent QB so that isn't a true test of the quality of the team.

I guess I just don't get this. What team has a good backup QB? There's a reason they're backups. No good QB is going to sit behind a better one, he'll either get traded somewhere or sign somewhere else when he's a free agent.

I can't think of a single backup QB that is any good to give a "true test" of the whole team's talent level.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#422 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:07 am

Wouldn't it make sense to take Rodgers out here and not risk further injury? Sure it's possible we come back but odds are we lose by double digits.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#423 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:07 am

I don't get why Rodgers is still out there. We are asking for him to get killed. He isn't passing the ball well.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#424 » by Bernman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:08 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I don't know if you can ever complete tell what kind of team is around him when 1)Capers is the DC and 2) If Rodgers goes down, you have no competent QB so that isn't a true test of the quality of the team.

Regardless, TT acquired them all, between coaches and backup qb's.

Besides, TT has sucked at accumulating a front 7 since his Seattle days. Back when he was hired, I looked at his drafts, and assessed pretty good overall, but terrible in the front 7. And that tendency has carried over to GB. So I think we can conclude the players around Rodgers are what they are, and sacking Capers probably wouldn't do a lot by itself.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#425 » by awd4cy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:09 am

Get Rodgers out of there. Why aggravate an injury in a game that was lost a long time ago?
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#426 » by BigDee » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:09 am

Take Rodgers out please.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Post#427 » by emunney » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:09 am

Bernman wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:I don't know if you can ever complete tell what kind of team is around him when 1)Capers is the DC and 2) If Rodgers goes down, you have no competent QB so that isn't a true test of the quality of the team.

Besides, TT has sucked at accumulating a front 7 since his Seattle days. Back when he was hired, I looked at his drafts, and assessed pretty good overall, but terrible in the front 7. And that tendency has carried over to GB. So I think we can conclude the players around Rodgers are what they are, and sacking Capers probably wouldn't do a lot by itself.

He drafted Rodgers, too, and that bum's thrown 2 key interceptions today. Fire them both.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#428 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:09 am

I'm glad we can continue to not block, take penalties, and also let our QB get murdered.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#429 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 am

Ed Hochuli making sure to get lots of screen time tonight.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#430 » by GB_Packers » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:11 am

Sure sucks to have to think about this one for two weeks. Grateful for the badly needed bye though.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#431 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:12 am

trwi7 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:2) If Rodgers goes down, you have no competent QB so that isn't a true test of the quality of the team.

I guess I just don't get this. What team has a good backup QB? There's a reason they're backups. No good QB is going to sit behind a better one, he'll either get traded somewhere or sign somewhere else when he's a free agent.

I can't think of a single backup QB that is any good to give a "true test" of the whole team's talent level.

The question is whether this team has talent besides Rodgers, since he alone makes them a playoff team. We will never know if an average starting quarterback to lead this team to the playoffs with the offensive weapons we have out. Probably not but saying the team sucks with a backup quarterback describes 70% of the NFL.
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,887

Post#432 » by ampd » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:12 am

emunney wrote:
Bernman wrote:

He drafted Rodgers, too, and that bum's thrown 2 key interceptions today. Fire them both.

At some ppint someone has to be held accountable for the d being bad year after year. It's probaby not going to start with TT or mccarthy
emunney
RealGM

Post#433 » by emunney » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 am

ampd wrote:
emunney wrote:
Bernman wrote:

At some ppint someone has to be held accountable for the d being bad year after year. It's probaby not going to start with TT or mccarthy

The D isn't bad this year. They've had some good games and some bad games. They're average. That is what average looks like.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#434 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 am

Rodgers had a man 20 yards down field. Can't throw past 15 yards.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#435 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 am

At least Eddie Lacy looks like a real weapon in the passing game.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#436 » by TroyD92 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:14 am

Nice to see Rodgers can still move.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
emunney
RealGM

Post#437 » by emunney » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:15 am

Saints are going to be mad if they lose this game.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM

Post#438 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:16 am

Time to spam onside kick.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#439 » by TroyD92 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:16 am

Rodgers with 1 leg is still 1000X better than Flynn.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#440 » by GB_Packers » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:16 am

Padding them stats! :) that's my peg leg QB

Return to Green Bay Packers