ImageImage

ATL Week 10

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: ATL Week 10 

Post#141 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:38 pm

I am in fear of a game where both the Packers and Lions are 11-4 or 12-3 at Lambeau. One wins and gets HFA, the other loses and has to play in Nawlins in the first round.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,479

Post#142 » by neiLz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:48 pm

How is the tie breaker awarded for division winners? Head to head then division record? Then conference?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#143 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:49 pm

Pretty much, yeah.
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#144 » by chuckleslove » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:52 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:How is the tie breaker awarded for division winners? Head to head then division record? Then conference?

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,613

Post#145 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:19 pm

books wrote:Lions just keep eking out wins. Today the Dolphins' LT goes out, and they win on a last minute TD pass after Miami misses a shoulda-been-TD right before. Next week, we'll see, but big that they don't have to face Palmer. At this rate, Brady will fall down the stairs the day before they have to play NE.

It's maddening. The Loins are doing their best fluky "'05-06 Bears" impersonation. They just keep being handed these garbage wins because the other team can't seem to close out one **** drive 3 weeks in a row now.

Amazing how well that defense is playing considering how bad that secondary is. They've had all their tough games at home, and now they get to face Drew Stanton right as Palmer goes down for the year. On top of it they still should have lost the game where they called the phantom delay of game and Prater missed the winning FG. They're literally getting all the breaks right now.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#146 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:08 pm

They're getting fortunate, but I can't get too mad that they're facing a backup QB next week. Our game against Philadelphia is much less daunting going up against Sanchez as opposed to Foles.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#147 » by El Duderino » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:23 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:You do realize they've done all this without megatron? And they actually have a solid number 2 WR? I guess if we lose the division it will just be because the lions were so lucky.

Hate to say it, but the Lions signing of Tate was arguably the best free agent signing of the offseason. I thought he would help Detroit, but not to this degree. Besides some luck, Tate is the other biggest reason the Lions have been able to pull out multiple close games late, especially when Megatron was out.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#148 » by Mags FTW » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:29 am

The Panthers stink like wet garbage in the ghetto.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#149 » by BigDee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:40 am

Eagles are bringing it.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#150 » by El Duderino » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:49 am

Ron Swanson wrote:
books wrote:Lions just keep eking out wins. Today the Dolphins' LT goes out, and they win on a last minute TD pass after Miami misses a shoulda-been-TD right before. Next week, we'll see, but big that they don't have to face Palmer. At this rate, Brady will fall down the stairs the day before they have to play NE.

It's maddening. The Loins are doing their best fluky "'05-06 Bears" impersonation. They just keep being handed these garbage wins because the other team can't seem to close out one **** drive 3 weeks in a row now.

Amazing how well that defense is playing considering how bad that secondary is.

When a defense has a very good front seven, it can often cover for a mediocre secondary.

The Lions currently are allowing the second fewest rushing yards per game and tied for first in yards per carry against. That leads to lots of 2nd and 3rd and long situations. They also can often get by just rushing four guys and still get pressure given their talented defensive line.

Combine both together, that means Detroit can consistently stop the run with both safeties off the line of scrimmage and in passing situations keep both safeties back to protect their corners, thus lessening the number of big plays.

Mix in with Schwartz gone, the team overall is playing more disciplined. So yea, they should have lost at the very least one of the last three games, but don't forget either they should have beaten Buffalo if not for their kicker shanking three field goals in a dome. In the Miami game, a blocked Prater FG was returned for a TD by Miami.

Of those last three wins, the only one i thought was handed to them was the Atlanta debacle. They out-gained Miami by 130 yards. Tate made that great play with 3-4 minutes left vs the Saint to keep Detroit in the game.
BigDee
RealGM
And1: 1,349

Post#151 » by BigDee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:49 am

Pick 6 Eagles.
El Duderino
RealGM

Post#152 » by El Duderino » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:02 am

Mags FTW wrote:The Panthers stink like wet garbage in the ghetto.

Such a prime example of why i hate when so many fans prior to a season try saying a schedule will be brutal or easy.

Things can change drastically from year to year for a variety of reasons among multiple teams whether it's some roster changes, coaching changes, injuries, bad or good luck in close games, etc etc.

Carolina lost some guys to injuries in the secondary and added to that by foolishly replacing FS Mitchell with Roman Harper. Lost great pass rusher Hardy for his love of beating women. Were wrong to let Steve Smith go. Injuries on their OL and RB have badly hurt their running game. Newton has struggled.

The NFL is such a volatile league except for teams with an elite QB who stays healthy and Cam isn't elite.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,170

Post#153 » by raysbookclub » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 am

Would the Packers ever think about signing Suh in the offseason? I know there's the history of him stomping on EDS a few years ago and our guards calling him and the Lions dirty, but what team hasn't called him dirty? I know the Pack will probably sign Cobb, and likely Tramon (or House or both), and maybe Bulaga, but if they have any room, that would be some acquisition. Yeah, pipe dream perhaps, but wow wouldn't that be something.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#154 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:23 am

I feel bad for Palmer. Yet another rough break for him.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#155 » by LikeABosh » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:32 am

Mags FTW wrote:The Panthers stink like wet garbage in the ghetto.

They are a miserable team to watch. Can't run, can't protect the QB, and their defense can't stop anyone anymore.

They need to shut Cam down soon
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,477

Post#156 » by RIPskaterdude » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:25 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I wish we had drafted Borland :(

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/531901659954163712[/tweet]
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#157 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:07 pm

books wrote:Would the Packers ever think about signing Suh in the offseason? I know there's the history of him stomping on EDS a few years ago and our guards calling him and the Lions dirty, but what team hasn't called him dirty? I know the Pack will probably sign Cobb, and likely Tramon (or House or both), and maybe Bulaga, but if they have any room, that would be some acquisition. Yeah, pipe dream perhaps, but wow wouldn't that be something.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about Suh. I know he's a 4-3 DT, but I do feel like he could play in a 3-4 too. Imagine what that could do for our defense if we were able to land somebody like that.

It's a pipe dream obviously, but it's a nice thought.

Return to Green Bay Packers