Bills Lead Up Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Bills Lead Up Thread 

Post#1 » by humanrefutation » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 pm

This will be a tougher game than people expect, IMO. The Bills haven't really been blown out this season and they have a good defense.

AJ Hawk only played 8 snaps on Monday night, largely because we only played eight snaps in our base 3-4. Brad Jones got a lot more PT in the dime than in games past. I'd rather they put Matthews at ILB in the dime and rush with Peppers/Neal/Perry.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Re: Bills Lead Up Thread 

Post#2 » by Ron Swanson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:36 pm

Brad Jones in on any snaps outside of special teams is unacceptable. Atlanta attacked the middle of the field with draws and dump-offs nearly every time they saw him back there. Barrington, Hawk and Lattimore are all better options (is Lattimore hurt?).

As for the game, I think this will be the toughest test of the last three games. I just don't see us losing to Detroit at Lambeau with the division title on the line, no way. Bills are a good team at home, and their defense can really get after the QB. So long as the secondary doesn't wet the bed like they did against the Falcons, I think we win this one convincingly. Sammy Watkins is good but he's no Julio Jones. They don't have enough play-makers to keep up with us on offense.

W 28-20
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#3 » by crkone » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Barrington is a hitter but slow as molasses in coverage. With Hawk "dealing with body issues", there really isn't a good option for a dime LB as I want the best pass rusher in Clay rushing the passer in the dime.

They need to get the communication figured out in the secondary, especially the high safety. Haha was late numerous times getting over to Julio. When they went man to man, the Falcons were getting good picks on them at the LOS to free up the middle of the field. In zone, they easily found the soft spot in the middle of the field behind the LB. I wish Richardson was a bit more heady and could be the dime LB as he is way more athletic than the other options we have.

Doesn't really matter as they were vanilla as could be (only blitzed 24.4% of the time, least since week 3) and everyone from Peppers to Daniels (probably his back) were sleeping.

Buffalo can get pressure with four but they've beat up on terrible QBs and lost to the good ones. Marcell Dareus can be a load up the middle and that spells trouble for Rodgers but they haven't faced guards like ours this season. If Rodgers gets time he can pick apart their slot CB. Good OL against good DL.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#4 » by rilamann » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 pm

This game scares me the most out of these last 3,Buffalo is always tough at home and a win for them at least keeps them alive in the AFC playoffs.

And right now beating the Packers is something a team can hang their hat on going into next season,a team like Buffalo could say hey we didn't make the playoffs but we did beat the Packers.

I think if the Packers win this one they will end up with the #1 seed,I can't see the Bucs beating them and I can't see the Packers losing at home to the Lions for the first time since 1991 with so much on the line.

And I don't see the Cards winning out.

But I am nervous about this one.

If we do lose Sunday we'd still get the # 2 seed if we beat the Bucs and Lions (and Dallas loses 1 of their last 3) so it wouldn't be total doom if we lost but it would open the door for Seattle to get the #1 seed if they win out,that could possibly be doom.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#5 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Their front four is frightening. I can see them getting pressure all day and stopping the run while dropping seven.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,281

Post#6 » by rilamann » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:21 pm

I think the Packers clinch a playoff spot no matter what anyone else does if they win Sunday.11 wins and a loss by either the Eagles or Cowboys and the Packers are in and the Eagles and Cowboys obviously play head to head Sunday night.

An Eagles loss gives them 5 losses and we have the head to head tie breaker and a Cowboys loss Sunday gives them 5 losses and would give us the tie breaker with them due to strength of schedule.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
Godgers
Banned User
And1: 117

Post#7 » by Godgers » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:14 am

Packers are a lock for the playoffs. We are not the Lions who choke and miss the playoffs. We only choke once the playoffs start.

All about getting the #1 seed and playing at home because we can't beat the Hawks in Seattle.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#8 » by HKPackFan » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:18 am

This is a playoff game for Buffalo, they needs this game to stay alive. They are desperate and at home.

I think their defense comes out fierce using the same tactic to beat the Packers that other playoff teams will use. Cover 2 and only rush 4, defend the pass and force the Packers to run the ball against their front 4.

This is a great test for us to beat that kind of Defense, we need to prove we can do it. I suspect a low scoring game 24 to 17, I'd be happy with any kind of Win, ugly or whatever, a win would be huge, I think it's the toughest game left on the schedule.

I like the Richardson as an LB in the dime. Brad Jones sucks, Hawk is too slow for a dime back and Barrington was lost. Lattimore looked lost too but I think he also has a bad ankle. There's really no ILB we have that can be a dime LB to cover the middle. On 3rd down I want Clay rushing the passer. Richardson sounds like a good answer to me. It's worth a shot!?
#FreeChuckDiesel
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#9 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:56 pm

I would play Richardson as the Dime ILB. It's the only plausible solution, tbh.

What a joke of an ILB core we have.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#10 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:32 pm

FAH1223 wrote:I would play Richardson as the Dime ILB. It's the only plausible solution, tbh.

"What're you talking about? Hawk is having a great season!"

-My uninformed Uncle and every other dumb Packers fan for the last 8 years.
Do it for Chuck
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#11 » by LikeABosh » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:54 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:I would play Richardson as the Dime ILB. It's the only plausible solution, tbh.

I hate that so much. It kind of feels like this board is the only place where Hawk gets criticized. He gets a pass from everyone else and it's very frustrating trying to explain to people that he isn't very good.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#12 » by raysbookclub » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:34 pm

I remember a lot of speculation flying around before the trade deadline during the Super Bowl year that the Packers and the Bills were going to make a trade involving Hawk and Marshawn Lynch. I remembering reading rumors that Hawk was selling his house in GB, that Buffalo was in town to talk about a trade, that some Bills' fan knew Hawk's family well and said a trade was happening...

GB won the Super Bowl, so obviously everything broke just right. But it's interesting to think, I guess this week especially since we're playing them, how a Hawk-Lynch trade would have changed things after that year.

Just for kicks, in the 2011 draft, Akeem Ayers and Bruce Carter were drafted shortly after we picked Sherrod. Casey Matthews went in the fourth round. In 2012, Hightower was picked at #25, Mychal Kendricks and Bobby Wagner and Lavonte David all went in the second.

And what does Seattle look like without Lynch the last few years?
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#13 » by Ron Swanson » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:46 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

I hate that so much. It kind of feels like this board is the only place where Hawk gets criticized. He gets a pass from everyone else and it's very frustrating trying to explain to people that he isn't very good.

It's weird, but then again, this is the same fan base that chants John Kuhn's name and still reveres Mark Chmura as a stand up guy. Not saying, I'm just saying...

Hawk gets a pass for A) being a former high draft pick, and B)......he's white :nod:
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#14 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:32 pm

INJURY REPORT

DE Bruce Gaston - illness - DNP
CB Davon House - shoulder - DNP
RB Eddie Lacy - hip - limited
LB Jamari Lattimore - ankle - DNP
G Josh Sitton - toe - limited
G T.J. Lang - ankle - limited
LB Nick Perry - shoulder - limited

MIKE MCCARTHY

(On Lacy) Participated in drill work and took part in the teaching periods. Making progress.
(On Friday treatment) Thursday is highest level of practice. Everyone benefits from being off on Friday. It's been helpful. Leads to a better practice on Saturday.
(On Bills defense) They're a complete defense. Do a lot of things the right way. Very aggressive. Playing in Buffalo will be a new experience. We're expecting a juggernaut.
(On Buffalo) In first team meeting Wednesday, talked about Buffalo, about the small-town, the similar characteristics to Green Bay, great fan base. Old school football. You have to make sure your ready to play.
(On Marcell Dareus) Quick man. Very active, very good player.
(On House) Going to have tests tomorrow and maybe Saturday. We're still gathering information. Won't know if he can play until tomorrow.
(On his career) You watch the tape and you see the position his body was in, you understand the injury. Maybe it's not as bad as initially thought. Both those guys were in an awkward position. That's why you have to take a closer look at it.
(On Burnett) He's having a great year. Made two plays in practice that were phenomenal today. He's making plays. Had a big play in the Falcons game. Great relationship with the secondary. He's a good fit for us and doing a heck of a job.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#15 » by Newz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Why does it bother people so much that fans chant Kuhn?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#16 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:36 pm

Newz wrote:Why does it bother people so much that fans chant Kuhn?

Because opposing fans think white wisconsin people want white wisconsin boys to make plays. Because we're all racist.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#17 » by Newz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Newz wrote:Why does it bother people so much that fans chant Kuhn?

Because opposing fans think white wisconsin people want white wisconsin boys to make plays. Because we're all racist.

Ain't that the truth. We'd never chant for a non-white player. :(
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#18 » by DigitalFool » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Koonce? Which is kind of why I think fans like Kuhn.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#19 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:46 pm

The only time the Kuhn chant bothers me is on the goal line. An Eddie chant would make way more sense but not as fun to say.

Overalls I think it just plays into the hokey stereotypical lambeau crowd. Whatever. If you pay to get in the doors you can chant whatever you want.
Do it for Chuck
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#20 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:41 pm

At the Packers-Patriots game, they announced the defensive starters during player introductions. I was shocked at the reaction AJ Hawk received -- besides Matthews, he had the second loudest reaction. Not bad for a guy who's probably the 10th or 11th best player on a base defense.

The Kuhn thing really doesn't bother me that much. But yeah, blowhards on The Score really think that the chant is a racist thing. Laurence Holmes, the evening host, always says, "Those people up there like that chant a little too much for comfort." :noway:

Return to Green Bay Packers