ImageImage

Week 17: Lions Lead-Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Re: Week 17: Lions Lead-Up 

Post#21 » by chuckleslove » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:32 am

WiscoKing13 wrote:So if the Pack wins we're a locked for second place or do we not have the Dal tie breaker?

We get the #2 seed unless Seattle loses to the Rams then we would be #1
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#22 » by chuckleslove » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:33 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Pack opens as 7.5 favorite

I know Detroit hasn't won since 91 but they did beat us this year, I'm surprised the line is that high, even though I think Detroit isn't as good as their record since they had several games this year gifted to them by the other team.
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
bcl20
Starter
And1: 166

Post#23 » by bcl20 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 am

The key of this game is blocking. Block and we win by a lot. Don't block and it will be a game like in Detroit. I wouldn't be completely surprised to a see a rematch between these two teams later on (of course, Seattle will have a lot to say about that too)
Go Packers, Go Bulls, Go Cubs, Go Hawkeyes, Go Blackhawks
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#24 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:42 am

MickeyDavis wrote:It's possible Fox still had a veto to use to keep the game. Not sure though.

No, I don't think networks can protect Week 17 games. It's all up to the NFL.

I'm actually happy the game didn't get flexed to SNF. I'm headed to Green Bay for the game and I've got a 3.5 hour drive afterwards. Having to make that drive after a 10:30-11:00PM ending would have been brutal.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#25 » by neiLz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:41 pm

rilamann wrote:Fox had to of had the final say,hard to believe NBC would choose Bengals Steelers over Packers Lions if it was their choice.

I think the reason why they could not flex the packers to 7 pm is because the packers were originally a noon game and a noon game can not be moved to the late night game sunday night. I heard that on the radio.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#26 » by Newz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:04 pm

I hope our safeties keep up the style of play that they had in the last game and carry it over into the playoffs. Clinton-Dix looks like he's going to be a legit star player (might already be one) and Burnett is playing very well right now too.
PkrsBcksGphsMqt
RealGM
And1: 1,417

Post#27 » by PkrsBcksGphsMqt » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:53 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:It's possible Fox still had a veto to use to keep the game. Not sure though.

No, I don't think networks can protect Week 17 games. It's all up to the NFL.

I'm actually happy the game didn't get flexed to SNF. I'm headed to Green Bay for the game and I've got a 3.5 hour drive afterwards. Having to make that drive after a 10:30-11:00PM ending would have been brutal.

+1

I'm going to the game too. Glad things worked out the way they did.
BucksRuleAll22 wrote:Calvin Johnson is horrible and not a top WR.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#28 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:00 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:
rilamann wrote:Fox had to of had the final say,hard to believe NBC would choose Bengals Steelers over Packers Lions if it was their choice.

I think the reason why they could not flex the packers to 7 pm is because the packers were originally a noon game and a noon game can not be moved to the late night game sunday night. I heard that on the radio.

I think Week 17 is the exception to that rule, though.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#29 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:07 pm

No way I see us losing this one. At home for the division against a team that beat us earlier in the year. I think we make a statement.

W 35-17
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#30 » by KidA24 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:07 pm

ArodpwnsFavre wrote:

I believe that is true for every week except week 17. Week 17 they insure a game with playoff implications.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#31 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Detroit Lions center Dominic Raiola said his stepping on the leg of the Bears' Ego Ferguson was "not intentional" and that he did not see the defensive lineman on the ground.

Raiola was caught on tape stepping on Ferguson's ankle during the third quarter of Detroit's 20-14 victory.

"It was totally unintentional," Raiola said. "I remember I was stumbling out. I didn't see the end of it. I apologized at the end of the game, told him it was unintentional and we shook hands and that was it."

Raiola also said he explained what happened to Chicago offensive lineman Roberto Garza, one of his friends, and told Garza to tell Ferguson again that it was unintentional.

Raiola said he felt something when he stepped down on what ended up being Ferguson and that his ankle almost rolled on him when he ended up making contact with Ferguson's leg. Lions coach Jim Caldwell said he would need to see the tape of it, but "from what I understand, that was inadvertent. He apologized to the guy. They shook hands."

Ferguson ended up coming back into the game after initially having to leave the game. After the game, Ferguson had a different interpretation of what happened.

"Y'all saw the play," Ferguson said. "I don't have to explain that. You need to stay in between the [whistles]."

He also didn't want to get into what Raiola said to him after the game.

"None of that matters," Ferguson said. "We all saw the play. You can't take back what happened with that play. That's the end of that."

One of Chicago's other defensive linemen, Jared Allen, said he saw what Raiola did and that he talked to him about it.

"He apologized to him at the end and the league will take up for it," Allen said. "There's no need for it.

"That's our guys' careers here. You can break someone's ankles."

Detroit also suspended running back Joique Bell for the first quarter of Sunday's game for what Caldwell deemed a "violation of team rules." Bell finished with 13 carries for 74 yards and a touchdown along with two catches for 13 yards.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#32 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Raiola lost the benefit of the doubt years ago. I don't expect a suspension, just a fine, but he deserves to sit out.
Newz
Banned User
And1: 2,551

Post#33 » by Newz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:10 pm

What the hell is wrong with the Lions?

I'm not sure it matters who the coach is. Those guys are just flat out d-bags.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#34 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:20 pm

LMAO does Raiola think people watching that are (Please Use More Appropriate Word)? There's no way that wasn't intentional. You don't step down with that much force if you're stumbling. I mean it even looks like he takes a slight jump so he can come down on his ankle with even more force than if he just stood over him and did it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#35 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:34 pm

Newz wrote:What the hell is wrong with the Lions?

I'm not sure it matters who the coach is. Those guys are just flat out d-bags.

It's a culture thing. For years the Lions have had a draft philosophy of ignoring character concerns in favor of talent.

Suh was a noted d-bag by even some of his Nebraska teammates. Titus Young was a well known headcase, Nick Fairley was lazy and had serious motivation questions (which caused him to drop so much in the draft). Even their most recent 1st rounder, Ebron, had some attitude concerns from scouts. Raiola has always been a scumbag, etc.

Schwartz only amplified it. It's ultimately on the personalities you bring into your club and the Lions, sans Calvin Johnson, have a collective mentality of an immature team that thinks "dirty play" is an acceptable way if it justifies the end result.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,173

Post#36 » by raysbookclub » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:42 pm

But what else Is Raiola supposed to say. Suh said the same thing after that Thanksgiving game against GB. Tate said he didn't push anyone on the Fail Mary.

You can bet if this had been a national tv game and cameras had captured it and Al Michaels had been up in arms about it, Goodell would have already made up his mind to suspend him. Not sure if the public outcry is strong enough yet to make him issue a suspension on this one. That seems to be Goodell's measure for action.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Post#37 » by neiLz » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:47 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:No way I see us losing this one. At home for the division against a team that beat us earlier in the year. I think we make a statement.

W 35-17

I totally agree. I think MM comes up with an awesome game plan. I think they pull out all the stops and do something similar to what NE did. Lots of check downs and short passes. Probably some screens as well. If raoila is suspended, lots of blitzes and stunts. I am surprised as to how mediocre the Lions offense has been. I dont think they can win scoring 20 points in Green bay. I think Rodgers and the offense gets it done. No turnovers = double digit win.

31-20 Packers.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#38 » by DanoMac » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Said this in the postgame thread, but a lot of checkdown screens will be necessary. Easy recipe to beating the Lions.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#39 » by KidA24 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:04 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Raiola lost the benefit of the doubt years ago. I don't expect a suspension, just a fine, but he deserves to sit out.

Once an ****, always an ****. He's the same ass who was spewing hate speech at UW Band members for no reason.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/2013/10/07/dominic-raiola-spews-hate-speech-at-wisconsin-band-members/
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by humanrefutation » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:17 pm

I think this is going to be a tougher game than people anticipate.

Return to Green Bay Packers