ImageImage

GT: Packers Vs. Cowboys Divisional Playoff

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Re: GT: Packers Vs. Cowboys Divisional Playoff 

Post#681 » by trwi7 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:43 pm

Manster7588 wrote:Not to bright are you.

Brighter than you, at least.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Manster7588
Senior
And1: 28

Post#682 » by Manster7588 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:43 pm

Bernman wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Bernman wrote:
We put the winner in whinner today.

The calls were pretty slanted in your favor until the infamous process ruling, you have to admit. Those chintzy p.i. calls, and personal foul, resulted in big point swings. We're talking about 7's instead of 3's multiple times. It's not really our M.O. to be particularly whinny relative to other team's fans. We felt what it was like to play America's team for the most part today.

Oh BS. Aside from the refs trying to give Witten extra yards Dallas got no gifts from the refs.

Learn how to enjoy a game without crying all game.

For catharsis because of your loss you're coming here to rationalize and cry to us.

Not crying. Dallas out performed what any sane person thought they could do. Many had us winning 5 or 6 games. We gave a very very good GB team all they could handle.

My first post here was to say good luck against Seattle and I mean it. GL next week.

Just wanted to address the three hours of blind crying that went on here.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#683 » by Bernman » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:
Oh BS. Aside from the refs trying to give Witten extra yards Dallas got no gifts from the refs.

Yeah, wait until after the game like you are.

Not to bright are you. I'm not complaining about the game. I already posted on the Cowboys board that the reversal was the right call.

I'm simply telling those here who cried all game to open your eyes and try to see the whole game.

No not all here were crying but there was a whole hell of a lot more than just a few.

I fully understand your point of view and came to that conclusion. I guess when in doubt, if you have a position of weakness, resort to an ad hominem first thing to try and chip away at the cred of your opponent and put them on the defensive.

Using a similar angle as you, you're crying about supposed crying. The gripes about the p.i. calls were well warranted and huge plays in the game. I think Dallas Cowboys' legend Troy Aikman was even on our side on those.

I posit the primary reason you came here was to blow off some steam in our direction, otherwise you'd have said good game and moved on.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#684 » by Ayt » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:50 pm

ACGB wrote:Tell me about the review. I was driving to work during it. Good/bad/questionable call?

I don't think it is even controversial with how the current rules are written. It wasn't a catch.
RayRayJones
Starter
And1: 155

Post#685 » by RayRayJones » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Bernman wrote:
Pedro Alexandre wrote:I Love Rodgers !!!

I hope that it is in Green Bay until his retirement. It was hard to see Favre defending other teams.

We will crush Seattle next week.

Out of curiosity, why are you a Wisconsin sport's fan in general, living where you do? Because of an initial interest in the Bucks, then expanded like Sigra? Or did you move to Brazil?

Another potential reason would be UW. LIving in Madison, I've met quite a few Brazilian exchange students who come here for a semester and absolutely love everything about our sports. Not sure if we have some special exchange program with Brazil, but there are an awful lot of Brazilian students floating around Madison at any given time.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#686 » by LikeABosh » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:08 pm

I was surprised it was overturned. I thought it was gonna be one of those "call on the field" situations.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#687 » by Profound23 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:13 pm

Nothing funnier than the same Cowboy fans who won Superbowls on the backs of the refs in the 90's with Michael "pushoff" Irvin and the holding their Oline got away.........or even getting away with the holding against Detroit last week......complaining about the refs. Doesn't feel good to be on the other side of a bad rule/call does it?

Now imagine that happening to you year in and year out, then you will know what it was like to face the Cowboys back in the 90's.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#688 » by trwi7 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:34 pm

Profound23 wrote:Nothing funnier than the same Cowboy fans who won Superbowls on the backs of the refs in the 90's with Michael "pushoff" Irvin and the holding their Oline got away.........or even getting away with the holding against Detroit last week......complaining about the refs. Doesn't feel good to be on the other side of a bad rule/call does it?

Now imagine that happening to you year in and year out, then you will know what it was like to face the Cowboys back in the 90's.

They have no room to complain after last week. At least this was actually ruled correctly by the letter of the rule book. People may not like the rule but it was ruled correctly.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

dietac
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#689 » by dietac » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:45 pm

In his defense, there was a lot of whining in this thread... I mean, the game was over before halftime.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

Post#690 » by GB_Packers » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:51 pm

Manster7588 wrote:
Bernman wrote:
Manster7588 wrote:Good game. Good luck against the Seahawks. Will be pulling for you.

But damn you guys have a bunch of whinners here.

We put the winner in whinner today.

The calls were pretty slanted in your favor until the infamous process ruling, you have to admit. Those chintzy p.i. calls, and personal foul, resulted in big point swings. We're talking about 7's instead of 3's multiple times. It's not really our M.O. to be particularly whinny relative to other team's fans. We felt what it was like to play America's team for the most part today.

Feet tangled up early on, PI on Tramon Williams. Ball at the goaline, easy TD as a result. Lang somehow the only one flagged when both sides pushed and shoved. Stopped a drive we were marching down the field, had to settle for a field goal.

Aside from those two gifts, sure, no gifts at all.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#691 » by emunney » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:36 am

Ayt wrote:
ACGB wrote:Tell me about the review. I was driving to work during it. Good/bad/questionable call?

I don't think it is even controversial with how the current rules are written. It wasn't a catch.

The rule has always been insane and I know we've been on the business end of that stick more than once. Nice to have it work in our favor in a critical moment. What I don't understand is how many people seem to be oblivious to the rule working this way.

They really need to better define what 'the process' is and do it in a sensible way that doesn't rule out stuff that really is caught cleanly. It kind of seems like there are currently scenarios where you could fumble the ball before you can technically catch it. Like the rule of possession for a catch-fumble is less stringent than that for a catch going to the ground.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#692 » by midranger » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:53 am

Right call. Better team won.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#693 » by Profound23 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:19 am

Unbelievable that the Cowboys refused to give DeMarco Murray the ball when they only need a yard before the half and 2 before the Dez non-catch.

He is going to get you the first down against our defense.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Re: Re: GT: Packers Vs. Cowboys Divisional Playoff 

Post#694 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:43 am

Profound23 wrote:Unbelievable that the Cowboys refused to give DeMarco Murray the ball when they only need a yard before the half and 2 before the Dez non-catch.

did we even stop murray on any 3rd and short situations even once??
chuckleslove
RealGM
And1: 1,128

Post#695 » by chuckleslove » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:07 am

I just read through this entire thread since I wasn't at the computer during the game. Some real gems from the in game overreaction :rofl:
I'm dealing with cancer, it sucks, can follow along for updates if that's your thing: Chuck's cancer Go Fund Me page
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#696 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:27 am

I just read this beauty, made me LOL.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports ... /21608631/

Thumbs Down

Brad Jones had another mistake-prone performance. The sixth-year linebacker, who plays exclusively on defense in the dime package and on special teams, was called for two penalties. The first helped keep alive the Cowboys' first scoring drive when he was called for holding DeMarco Murray on a third-and-4 play from the Dallas 44-yard line, giving the Cowboys a first down. Later on a kickoff return, a holding call on Jones forced the Packers to start the series at their 10-yard line. He wasn't effective as the dime linebacker either. It might be time for a change.

YOU THINK!?! :banghead: :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#697 » by Turk Nowitzki » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:48 am

Profound23 wrote:Unbelievable that the Cowboys refused to give DeMarco Murray the ball when they only need a yard before the half and 2 before the Dez non-catch.

Yep, their poor play-calling contributed a lot of them losing.
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,324

Post#698 » by El Duderino » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:22 am

chuckleslove wrote:I just read through this entire thread since I wasn't at the computer during the game. Some real gems from the in game overreaction :rofl:

That's the main reason i avoid the game threads during Packer games, usually a large collection of brutal posts if the game is close. McCarthy is an idiot. The team is so soft. Game over if we get behind. Capers is a clueless buffoon. Play calls that don't work make the coach dumb, but if plays go well, X player/players are great. Cobb fumbles the kickoff, someone blames Slocum. Others were bashing McCarthy for supposedly choosing to not play Lacy after that great first drive, but instead it was asthma that had Lacy resting. :roll:

Besides that, i don't know how guys on here post a ton during a Packers game and still be able to focus clearly on the game? When it's a big Packers game, i watch the game with my full attention. Going back and forth from watching the game to post a lot of here is to distracting for me. A Bucks or Brewers game is so much different in that regard.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#699 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:29 am

There's like 25-40 seconds between plays. Football is one of the easiest games to post in game threads.

HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#700 » by HKPackFan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03 am

El Duderino wrote:
chuckleslove wrote:I just read through this entire thread since I wasn't at the computer during the game. Some real gems from the in game overreaction :rofl:

That's the main reason i avoid the game threads during Packer games, usually a large collection of brutal posts if the game is close. McCarthy is an idiot. The team is so soft. Game over if we get behind. Capers is a clueless buffoon. Play calls that don't work make the coach dumb, but if plays go well, X player/players are great. Cobb fumbles the kickoff, someone blames Slocum. Others were bashing McCarthy for supposedly choosing to not play Lacy after that great first drive, but instead it was asthma that had Lacy resting. :roll:

Besides that, i don't know how guys on here post a ton during a Packers game and still be able to focus clearly on the game? When it's a big Packers game, i watch the game with my full attention. Going back and forth from watching the game to post a lot of here is to distracting for me. A Bucks or Brewers game is so much different in that regard.

I take the in game posts with a grain of salt..It's just the emotional angst of letting out your frustration on a bad play or cheering on a good play. Some people are serious in their posts but a lot of it is being caught up in the moment, I know I'm the latter.

When things are too tense and I'm literally pacing up and down the family room, I'm no longer posting, I'll disappear until commercial break or longer. But posting in game is fairly easy, you may miss not see a reply 4 times, or you may miss the announcers dropping their load praising a player, but those are things I don't mind missing while making a post in between plays. :lol:
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Green Bay Packers